Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Ikeya Formula w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-07, 12:55 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look very cool! Do you notice more road noise in the cabin with these? Also, how much better handling do you get with these compared to a regular SC300 with a full Daizen bushing kit? Lastly, how was the overall quality when you held these in your hand? the welds make me skeptical...
Old 10-19-07, 10:14 AM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude Ikeya formula makes some of the best stuff ever. As you can tell by the price it aint no cheap made in china stuff. If these things can last i dono how many seasons on ueno's soarer then it should be fine on your daily driven car. the general feeling of handle is probably the same. But with these you can adjust your alignment like you never would be able to with the stock arms
Old 10-19-07, 01:03 PM
hershsc400
Pole Position

who did u talk to at Carson??? i just calld and they didnt know what i was talking about...
Old 10-19-07, 02:12 PM
BLovesc
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hershsc400
who did u talk to at Carson??? i just calld and they didnt know what i was talking about...
Hahah that sucks. these are definitally awesome
Old 10-19-07, 11:07 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dejacky: compared to the daizen full kit, these arms ride the same in quality. the handling aspect is much better than the daizens simply because of the change in roll geometry during the turns. as for road noise in the cabin, i would say it's the same as the daizens as well. i'm rolling on low pro 19s so i tend to get some road noise, but the most noise i get is from my door panel rattling (clips are loosely connected). the quality of these arms are definitely up there if not better than oem, especially the lower front control arm. apparently, not much weight is saved there, so i'm guessing there is a good reason to the mass of them.

hershsc400: talk to steve, you'll have to deal with him first and then anyone at the parts department will handle the transaction.
Old 10-20-07, 12:13 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Ant; Your probably the first on the forums to ever revamp the suspension this way..Very unique! Looks great, I bet with it handles like a beast...
Old 10-20-07, 03:46 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Amazing, guess I have to add something else to my shopping list!
Old 10-21-07, 08:10 PM
hershsc400
Pole Position

thanks.... i was looking to overhaul my suspension i thinkit about time....225,xx on th clock and going... lol.... yea i figure if your goin to do it might as well doit rgiht....
Old 03-25-08, 10:54 PM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

Originally Posted by LexAnt
dejacky: compared to the daizen full kit, these arms ride the same in quality. the handling aspect is much better than the daizens simply because of the change in roll geometry during the turns. as for road noise in the cabin, i would say it's the same as the daizens as well. i'm rolling on low pro 19s so i tend to get some road noise, but the most noise i get is from my door panel rattling (clips are loosely connected). the quality of these arms are definitely up there if not better than oem, especially the lower front control arm. apparently, not much weight is saved there, so i'm guessing there is a good reason to the mass of them.

hershsc400: talk to steve, you'll have to deal with him first and then anyone at the parts department will handle the transaction.
LexAnt, any updates or new opinions on your ikeya formula control arm setup?
Old 03-25-08, 11:04 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

as of right now, i maxed out the front upper control arms to push the tires out as far as i can. right now, they sit flush with the vertex fenders. good call on ikeya not to push for more adjustment as that is the limit on the stock tie rods.

nothing new to report other than they are simply amazing, the front turn in is so much more responsive than ever. the best i can describe it is, during the time i had daizens all around, the front of the car would tend to lean during a turn, whereas now, the front of the car is flat.

also, like i said, if ur used to the daizens, then the ride quality won't be much of a difference (daizens on the upper control arms of course since they are the factor in ride quality).

other than that, they're still kicking it having endured the harsh roads of SF, San Rafael, and SJ.
Old 04-08-08, 10:45 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Sick!!! I want!!!
Old 04-09-08, 08:42 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

this is a nice upgrade and all but what do you plan to do with the car. if its just a daily driver i think it the biggest waste of money ever imagined. if you actually track your car then it would be a worthwhile purchase....and still at that price i can have some custom made out of chrome-molly tubing.

maybe its just me but everyone is saying its on their wish list and they want it. why? 99% of the people here dont track their cars and spending that much money on control arms is insane IMO. for that money you can buy a decent winter car and have cash left over to do all suspension upgrades like bushings, sway bars, toe arms, tie rods, and such.

unique....yes. works...yet. practical...no. cost effective...HECK NO!!!

but as i always say: its your car, do whatever you want with it
Old 04-09-08, 12:23 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

i bought these with the long term in mind. eventually this car will become a track car. so it's a work in progress.

right now it is the dd, but soon it will be track only as i'm gonna be picking up a real dd when i start pharmacy school.
Old 04-09-08, 03:18 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAnt
i bought these with the long term in mind. eventually this car will become a track car. so it's a work in progress.

right now it is the dd, but soon it will be track only as i'm gonna be picking up a real dd when i start pharmacy school.
sounds good enough for me. glad to know some people on here get expensive, hig-end parts for the performance reasons and not just because of the name and the fact that they have the money to do it.

if you will turn your car into a track car let me know. ill be making some solid subframe mounts for my car in may as well as some more solid rack bushings. i was also going to have a buddy make me a CF moonroof delete.

when i do those i can send you the blueprints for the parts. btw i played with a SC300 subframe the other day and the factory subframe mounts are rubber and terrible. they are as soft as my old worn out control arm bushings. just imagine going around turns and the subframe shifting with respect to the car. i took a 6" screw driver and was able to easily twist and manipulate the mounts. they are garbage. the subframe was off a 93 sc400 with very low mileage. i cant imagine how bad mine are.
Old 04-09-08, 05:42 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

yea i know what you mean. the rubber used is too soft for my taste. eventually, there won't be any bushings on the car.

Quick Reply: Ikeya Formula w/pics