Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Ikeya Formula w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-08, 06:46 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

thats my plan too. i think by the time im done with the car i will have to track it because everything i keep doing to it makes it less and less of a typical lexus. lol. and more and more of a serious car.
Old 04-10-08, 02:22 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out of curiousity, if you don't mind me asking, how much did this all cost???? Just replacing the front lower control arms with oem supra ones already an arm and a leg, I don't even want to think about how much these arms + labor would cost

this is a nice upgrade and all but what do you plan to do with the car. if its just a daily driver i think it the biggest waste of money ever imagined. if you actually track your car then it would be a worthwhile purchase
By that logic, then all car enthusiasts are wasting money by modifying their cars and not put it to good use at the track. You can enjoy a car's nice handling just by driving spiritedly on the streets
Old 04-10-08, 08:02 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xknowonex
Out of curiousity, if you don't mind me asking, how much did this all cost???? Just replacing the front lower control arms with oem supra ones already an arm and a leg, I don't even want to think about how much these arms + labor would cost

By that logic, then all car enthusiasts are wasting money by modifying their cars and not put it to good use at the track. You can enjoy a car's nice handling just by driving spiritedly on the streets
he sais it cost something like 4500 for the control arms.

you can enjoy a cars nice handling with out resorting to this control arm setup and simply getting all poly bushings, sway bars, and coilovers(that are made to work well with your car. not crap like tein or megan). get some coilovers custom valved and it will handle excellent.

doing modifications that are meant for the track and not used on it are a waste of money. same as building a 9sec drag car and only driving it on weekends. its a purpose built car. 99% of the time you will never line up against anyone worthy on the street with a 9sec car and most likely not find a place to do it at either.

most people dont even know what spirited driving is. going in a straight line on the highway is not spirited driving. you can put a monkey behind the wheel of an IRL car and have it go 200mph in a straight line.
Old 04-10-08, 11:32 AM
soaringsc3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in total how much did this project cost you?
Old 04-10-08, 10:35 PM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
he sais it cost something like 4500 for the control arms.

you can enjoy a cars nice handling with out resorting to this control arm setup and simply getting all poly bushings, sway bars, and coilovers(that are made to work well with your car. not crap like tein or megan). get some coilovers custom valved and it will handle excellent.

doing modifications that are meant for the track and not used on it are a waste of money. same as building a 9sec drag car and only driving it on weekends. its a purpose built car. 99% of the time you will never line up against anyone worthy on the street with a 9sec car and most likely not find a place to do it at either.

most people dont even know what spirited driving is. going in a straight line on the highway is not spirited driving. you can put a monkey behind the wheel of an IRL car and have it go 200mph in a straight line.
For $4500, I can put that money in better places in my car before thinking about the arms. That sounds like everyone the Supraforums. Everyone is into doing highway runs
Old 04-20-08, 10:04 PM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Wow, I'm not a baller so I have to buy Yanak Parts.

I envy you.
Old 07-08-08, 12:25 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a little update:

so since i was maxed on the stock tie rod ends, i opted for some megan adjustable tie rod ends since ikeya doesn't produce tie rod ends. the megan adjustable tie rod ends are about 1inch longer than stock so it was exactly what i needed to stay within safety limits.

as stated before, the difference in my suspension to other suspension is the responsiveness. as put by a fellow sc'er who has zeals on his car, the turn in is nice, "point and go" is the phrase that comes to mind. "when you want to change lanes, there's no hesitation in that decision, it just goes"

as stated before, it was roughly 4500 for ALL 12 control arms.
Old 07-15-08, 02:08 PM
sc5spd
Driver

very nice setup
Old 03-09-10, 07:54 PM
madmax98
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
this is a nice upgrade and all but what do you plan to do with the car. if its just a daily driver i think it the biggest waste of money ever imagined. if you actually track your car then it would be a worthwhile purchase....and still at that price i can have some custom made out of chrome-molly tubing.

maybe its just me but everyone is saying its on their wish list and they want it. why? 99% of the people here dont track their cars and spending that much money on control arms is insane IMO. for that money you can buy a decent winter car and have cash left over to do all suspension upgrades like bushings, sway bars, toe arms, tie rods, and such.

unique....yes. works...yet. practical...no. cost effective...HECK NO!!!

but as i always say: its your car, do whatever you want with it
Any details on custom made ones? i'm really looking into this, so i would like to know. those ikeyas are no joke price wise.
Old 07-06-11, 12:02 PM
DriftChris
Pit Crew

I have to cave and buy these too... :[ I cant find anything comparable...
Old 07-06-11, 06:18 PM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

One day when I hit the lottery I will buy these :P