Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake TSIB Complete - Way Better!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-07, 11:58 AM
yov6cam
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so when's the latest I can get this done? I wanna wait till it's time to actually change out my brake pads
Old 09-27-07, 01:44 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

48,000 miles or 2 years from your in-service date (when you bought the car basically)

I changed mine 1 year 11 months later, I should have waiter another month but the brake dust was so annoying.
Old 09-28-07, 08:51 AM
Noliwan
Driver School Candidate

Just a little info to all who are getting this TSIB done for exceesive front brake dust issue-- There are two bulletins out--the BR002-06 and BR001-07
The brake pads used in the BR001-07 are not the same as the BR002-06

The BR001-07 which is a brake pad kit will still give you the brake dust problems-- this kit is use to resolve the issue with front brake squealing... not the dusting problem--When I brought my car in for the brake TSIB they used the -brake parts kit (04007-35153) instead of the brake pads alone(04465-53030)...I told them specifically about the front brake DUST issue I was getting..

Make sure they use the pad only part number and not the kit-- the pads are completely different and I verified this at thier own parts counter-- had them pull the parts and physically compared the two brake pads-- one will be lighter in color which is the correct pad to use for the dusting issue,

I returned to the dealership and they replace the pads with the correct ones with no questions asked...

Last edited by Noliwan; 09-28-07 at 08:58 AM.
Old 09-28-07, 11:00 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

I have the new brake pads and new rotors replaced under the TSIB and the brake dust is only slightly less than before. The other thing I have noticed is that the initial bite of the pads into the rotor is much weaker than before. Once these pads wear out I'm not getting the same ones again. I'd prefer the original high friction pads again.
Old 09-28-07, 11:18 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I don't like how much initial bite the OEM / high friction pads have. They seem way to "edgy" to me.
Old 09-29-07, 05:07 PM
chat0882
Driver

Do yall think the dust would stop after time or is it just what happens till you replace the pads?
Old 09-29-07, 06:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,964 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
I have the new brake pads and new rotors replaced under the TSIB and the brake dust is only slightly less than before. The other thing I have noticed is that the initial bite of the pads into the rotor is much weaker than before. Once these pads wear out I'm not getting the same ones again. I'd prefer the original high friction pads again.
There's no way you have the right parts. The dust difference is dramatic, not slight or subtle. Check the pads and see if the backing plate is green. I bet it isn't.
Old 09-29-07, 06:57 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
There's no way you have the right parts. The dust difference is dramatic, not slight or subtle. Check the pads and see if the backing plate is green. I bet it isn't.
Maybe tomorrow when I'm installing the Eibach Springs, I'll take a look and see what color the backing is. I can tell you they are definitely not the original type pads because these feel totally different.

This is the first time I heard of the new pads having a green backing plate. Anything else besides the green that I should look for?
Old 09-29-07, 07:32 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Position a light like this:

Put your digital camera inside the wheel and shoot a pic. TSIB pads look like this:

The original OEM pads look like this:

The green color is the dead giveaway. No green? They gave you the same pads again.
Old 09-30-07, 07:27 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Does anyone have the part number for the new pads? The pads the dealership gave me under the TSIB has the following part numbers

473301 F. DSC BRK Pad
5049 W
(1) 04465-30410 Pad Kit Disc Brake

I'll be a bit ticked off if they lied about the type of pad they replaced. I tried to look and see if the pads have the green backing, but there is too much brake dust to tell. I'll find out for sure today when I pull the wheels when doing the springs.

Thanks for the help Lance. It's nice having someone on the forums with so much technical knowledge on these cars.
Old 09-30-07, 08:15 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Dude, you got hosed. Those are the same dusty pads. No wonder you couldn't see the green, they're the wrong pads! Tell your service manager to READ and get you the RIGHT pads.
Attached Thumbnails Brake TSIB Complete - Way Better!!!-isx50-brake-tsib-part-numbers.jpg  
Old 10-01-07, 05:33 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Dude, you got hosed. Those are the same dusty pads. No wonder you couldn't see the green, they're the wrong pads! Tell your service manager to READ and get you the RIGHT pads.
Damn! And you are right about the green backing, because I verified when I did my springs yesterday and they are black. Hell even my receipt said TSB fix and they still put the same dusty pads back on. Thanks LOBUX...now this all makes sense as to why after 30 min of driving I still get black all over my front wheels.

Oh and as far as the current pads feeling better than the original ones it must be because I embedded them properly.

Last edited by caymandive; 10-01-07 at 05:45 AM.
Old 10-01-07, 06:24 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there is a thread about the difference between 2 different brake TSIB's. If I remember correctly, there is a brake TSIB for sqealing that requires a brake kit part number (includes OEM pads), and the other just requires the low friction pads.
Old 10-01-07, 01:25 PM
Noliwan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Gernby
I think there is a thread about the difference between 2 different brake TSIB's. If I remember correctly, there is a brake TSIB for sqealing that requires a brake kit part number (includes OEM pads), and the other just requires the low friction pads.
I guess no one read my post above...???
Old 10-01-07, 02:21 PM
Phanatik
Driver

Damn, I just got mines done over the weekend. I better check to see if my new pads have the green backing. So just to be sure, the green ones are the ones with low brake dust (the ones I want) and black-backing ones are the original ones (the ones I don't want) right?

Quick Reply: Brake TSIB Complete - Way Better!!!