Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brake Dust, Its True

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-07, 04:30 PM
is250al
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Dust, Its True

Hey guys, I got sick and tired of all that nasty Brake dust so i went back to the dealer got a loaner and told them about the tsb and this site and that i read if people complain enough they would replace them for free and put better pads with hardly any dust, and BAM!!!! no questions asked they said Ok. Drove 5 days and NO dust Sweet!!!
Old 09-29-07, 08:35 PM
Pwyll
Driver

I agree man. Had the TSB done and it amazes me how little dust there is. I'm almost convinced the rears get dirtier quicker.

I know some guys out there said the new pads don't perform as well, but I've been driving my car just a hard and notice no difference. The master tech told me they are no different. Personally, I have to agree.
Old 09-29-07, 09:09 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kinda got screwed on this, I complained and complained and nothing. Enough said I had no choice but to replace them and then they came out with the this. My Rear breaks need to be replaced at my next service so you think there is any ways I can possibly get them for free since they have it on record multiple times that I have been complaining about the old brake pads?
Old 09-29-07, 09:15 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
I kinda got screwed on this, I complained and complained and nothing. Enough said I had no choice but to replace them and then they came out with the this. My Rear breaks need to be replaced at my next service so you think there is any ways I can possibly get them for free since they have it on record multiple times that I have been complaining about the old brake pads?
You get free front.

3 days of the TSIB brake pads = 30 minutes of driving on OEM pads. [Amount of brake dust]
Old 09-29-07, 09:18 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hartawan
You get free front.

3 days of the TSIB brake pads = 30 minutes of driving on OEM pads. [Amount of brake dust]
lol Ill have to look into it since my rims are basically ruined lmao. The breakdust literally doesnt even come off with a power washer let alone any chemicals. Mr. Clean magic car eraser works but I dont have 10 hours per wheel lol.
Old 09-29-07, 09:21 PM
italiandud
Lead Lap

Wait so what would i need to do if i wanted to get this done... Please let me know more info because the brake dust is killing me... I spent 15 minutes washing the dust of of my wheels today.
Old 09-29-07, 10:08 PM
fdelement
Driver

just go to the dealer and tell them you want your brake pads changed per TSIB.
Old 09-29-07, 10:11 PM
cluguy
Driver School Candidate

^^^^^^^^^ what he said
Old 09-29-07, 10:21 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
lol Ill have to look into it since my rims are basically ruined lmao. The breakdust literally doesnt even come off with a power washer let alone any chemicals. Mr. Clean magic car eraser works but I dont have 10 hours per wheel lol.
have u tried eagle ones's all wheel cleaner? it works great imo. before i drove a c230 and i once i didnt clean my rims for 6 months (benz had the same amount of break dust at the IS's) and my alloy wheels were basicy black by the time i decided to clean them and the eagle ones just melted the brake dust off
Old 09-29-07, 10:27 PM
JensBoo
Pole Position

I just got mine done along with the aux input tsib and no dust at all!

I am having an issue though as the Check System light is on and my tires have plenty of air. I'm gonna have to take it in yet again.
Old 09-29-07, 11:03 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wats TSIB or TSB mean?
Old 09-29-07, 11:39 PM
inxexisten
Lead Lap

thats why black rims are nice =)... not too noticable break dust and you still get to keep the better brake pads
Old 09-30-07, 07:13 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Pwyll
I agree man. Had the TSB done and it amazes me how little dust there is. I'm almost convinced the rears get dirtier quicker.

I know some guys out there said the new pads don't perform as well, but I've been driving my car just a hard and notice no difference. The master tech told me they are no different. Personally, I have to agree.
Yes, the rears get dirty faster than the fronts.

IMO, the brake TSIB is a must for EVERYONE! Please search in the brake forum for the thread.
Old 10-01-07, 04:40 AM
tex2670
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ndk83
wats TSIB or TSB mean?
Technical Service Information Bulletin.
Old 10-01-07, 05:30 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Technically I got mine done twice. First time I did it they put on the same one, drove for about two months notice squealing and still the same amount of dust. Went in for engine rattle TSB and done the brakes again and now no dust and squeal. Love the new brakes!

Quick Reply: Brake Dust, Its True