Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Stock and L-Tuned Spring Rates

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-07, 08:27 PM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nytoy
Interesting to hear. I got a set of KYB's for my Subaru with stock springs and thought I could feel the cracks in the road a lot more, so I guess I'm worried about the same thing with putting them on the GS.
come drive my car. i'm in nassau county.
Old 10-19-07, 05:30 PM
skaiyun
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone confirm this for me please, I'm a newb to suspension.

I noticed on ebay they have both the KYB-GR2 Struts

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...&fsop=1&fsoo=1

and the Tanabe NF210 Springs

If i pick up these two separately - would there be any other materials I need to purchase in order to install these correctly? It is a try for me to drop my car a little bit and not compromise on the ride quality. I've read up a lot of suspension, I don't plan on a DIY but I want to make sure I get everyone - there isn't quite definately answer from what I read.

Does this completely replace my OEM suspension for the most part, if not what oems parts will induce more wear and tear if I didn't do this setup? I like me car, but if I do this, I want to do everything at once.

Lastly on the ebay parts, does it matter for what car I get it for. Is a TANABE Lowering Springs NF210 07-08 Toyota Yaris and different than TANABE NF210 Lowering SPRINGS 00-05 Lexus IS300 TNF038 or is just the name. Same with the KYB-GR2 struts advertised as MAXIMA FRONT & REAR KYB GR2 STRUTS NEW VS. 1996-2002 TIBURON FRONT & REAR KYB GR2 STRUTS NEW . Because we all know 9006 lights are 9006 lights for example - whether its for a Neon or Lexus. Otherwise I might just do better going with a more reptuable company ... any suggestion for price other than L-Tuned?

Thanks in advance, this will really help.
Old 10-19-07, 05:34 PM
skaiyun
Driver

i just realized this is getting off topic... i suppose i'll post it somewhere else later just kept reading then psoted
Old 10-20-07, 12:16 AM
Scott1258
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by skaiyun
Can anyone confirm this for me please, I'm a newb to suspension.

I noticed on ebay they have both the KYB-GR2 Struts

and the Tanabe NF210 Springs

If i pick up these two separately - would there be any other materials I need to purchase in order to install these correctly? It is a try for me to drop my car a little bit and not compromise on the ride quality. I've read up a lot of suspension, I don't plan on a DIY but I want to make sure I get everyone - there isn't quite definately answer from what I read.

Does this completely replace my OEM suspension for the most part, if not what oems parts will induce more wear and tear if I didn't do this setup? I like me car, but if I do this, I want to do everything at once.

Lastly on the ebay parts, does it matter for what car I get it for. Is a TANABE Lowering Springs NF210 07-08 Toyota Yaris and different than TANABE NF210 Lowering SPRINGS 00-05 Lexus IS300 TNF038 or is just the name. Same with the KYB-GR2 struts advertised as MAXIMA FRONT & REAR KYB GR2 STRUTS NEW VS. 1996-2002 TIBURON FRONT & REAR KYB GR2 STRUTS NEW . Because we all know 9006 lights are 9006 lights for example - whether its for a Neon or Lexus. Otherwise I might just do better going with a more reptuable company ... any suggestion for price other than L-Tuned?

Thanks in advance, this will really help.

Okay newby, I will help you -- take your car to the dealer and let them do it all for you.

With what you wrote above it is quite obvious that you have no suspension knowledge at all -- and it's very scarry -- you should not be making any decisions about your suspension. Leave it to the professionals. This may seem a little harsh, but your suspension is something that should not be taken lightly. The dealer will help you directly and make sure your car is safe with all the correct parts properly installed.
Old 10-20-07, 01:12 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

skaiyun, the springs are specific for cars, just like how you can't just buy an oil filter from a cadillac and expect it to fit on our cars.. Not all cars come with the same size springs and stiffness. You need to buy one that is specific for the GS300/400/430.
Old 10-20-07, 09:23 AM
movinquick
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

skaiyun, buy the nf and kyb combo specifically for your car (year, make, and model). this set up will give you the oem feel for the most part with a basic drop (no scraping). i thought the same way you did. its pretty much a drive and go suspension, no worries about extra maintenance from my end.

you need the mounts from the stock suspension and money for install. seems like avg is $200-$300 for install. unless you have that spring compressor machine, diy is not an option.

Last edited by movinquick; 10-20-07 at 09:27 AM.