Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

help remove my lugnuts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-07, 08:29 AM
Biggu
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i had that same thing happen to me on another car and i tryed everything except welding to it. we took it to a shop that said they would get it out and never did. we ended up just drilling out that was the best thing to do.
Old 11-25-07, 08:35 AM
Rexn30
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can go to advance I believe or just take it to a tire shop and they have a tool that can remove those without the "key". It destroys the lug nut but I can see its already gone
Old 11-26-07, 02:08 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

wow..so many ideas..i like the welding idea..but dont have a welder..nor do i know anyone who has one..but if i did..that would sound like a really good idea..maybe i should invest in one..so i can use it on other projects..but first ill need to learn how to use it..haha
Old 11-27-07, 11:06 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

okay..so i took it into les schwab and it wasnt so bad at all..it was only like $38 total including all new gorilla lug nuts for my whole ride..not bad at all..now to finish lowering my car! haha
Old 11-27-07, 11:18 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pnyboy27
wow..so many ideas..i like the welding idea..but dont have a welder..nor do i know anyone who has one..but if i did..that would sound like a really good idea..maybe i should invest in one..so i can use it on other projects..but first ill need to learn how to use it..haha
well if u wanna weld.. to do THIS technique to remove the lug nut.. u dont have to learn anything.. its just basic tac in a few places.. and yay ur done.. and just twist the bolts off..

if u really wanna learn.. do not get a gasless mig welder.. get a gas mig welder.. cause well.. the gasless will make it look like poopoo.. literally and the gas is MUCH MUCH MUCH cleaner and easier to learn.. although its.. more expensive :]
Old 11-29-07, 06:05 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by fwynn
well if u wanna weld.. to do THIS technique to remove the lug nut.. u dont have to learn anything.. its just basic tac in a few places.. and yay ur done.. and just twist the bolts off..

if u really wanna learn.. do not get a gasless mig welder.. get a gas mig welder.. cause well.. the gasless will make it look like poopoo.. literally and the gas is MUCH MUCH MUCH cleaner and easier to learn.. although its.. more expensive :]
Welding another nut to this stripped nut is a good idea and should work 100%. I agree with Scott. However, the gas mig welder might not be good because the point of the arc is too wide and can cause the heat to kill your wheel coating. Get the small stick welder. You can do it in a small area. Be careful! If you're not so sure, take it to the shop. You might end up losing $$$ on the damaged wheels.

The lug nuts that you use might have bad steel quality and they're also over torqued. The max torque that they can stand is 85 ft/lb. You can get high quality inverted lug nuts and they'll work just fine.
Old 11-29-07, 06:11 PM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

WELD a rod and turn it witha vise grip or something or take it to a tire/wheel shop let them do it for you for like $10