Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

help remove my lugnuts!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-07, 12:14 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help remove my lugnuts!

okay..so i attempted to change my suspension again..i was able to successfully change my coilovers in the front with only minimal problems..but then i got stuck with my rears! its not even the part when i remove the shocks or the bolts! its the freakin wheel i cant get off! it seems the owner before me put on the lug nuts a bit waaay too tight..i ended up bending and kinda ripping it..i dont have standard lug nuts either..its kinda similar to a locking one..but yea..i am definitely going to buy new lug nuts..i thought these were kind of cool, but now not so much..even the key is starting to bend..any suggestions on some good lug nuts? heres the pictures btw

heres what they look like

heres some pictures of my key..you can see where its kind of bent..it almost doesnt remove the lug nuts now..any ideas on some tools i can use instead of this?

and heres my kinda ripped/bent lug nut..ouch! how am i going to remove that? any ideas?

and heres my kinda bent one..its not so bad right now..but i dont want it to get worse later

and oh yea..thanks in advance for any help! i hope after this i dont have any problems! i really want to lower my whole car..not just the fronts like i have now..haha
Old 11-24-07, 01:32 AM
habitat
Lead Lap

Holy crap man, inverted lugnuts...... all i can think of is to drill them out!
Old 11-24-07, 08:28 AM
2JZ_SC
Lead Lap

Take it to a shop now. The ones that are NOT cracked may come off if hit with a impact gun. The other one may be able to be removed with a air chisel.
Old 11-24-07, 08:43 AM
sphy1005
Instructor

Ouch! soak it in pb blast for a while then try it. other than that do what 2jz sc said to do. Good luck
Old 11-24-07, 10:40 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

thats what i was kind of afraid of..taking it to a shop..i guess thats what ill have to do..and i did soak it with some pb blaster..thats why its all orange/yellowish..i was able to remove the otherside just fine..its this side that came a bit tough..i was so close to doing my full suspension!! gaahh!! so i guess ill take it to les schwab to get it removed..it shouldnt cost much though..should it?
Old 11-24-07, 10:42 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

oh...i just thought of something..what if i took a dremel and cut the other side of the cracked one and created some kind of a flathead screwdriver thing? you guys think that'll work?
Old 11-24-07, 11:13 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont get inverted lugs ;] hahaha
dang that sucks :\
Old 11-24-07, 12:48 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

yea..i think i learned my lesson that way..haha..or at least not this brand..i heard gorilla ones are pretty strong..well im off to les schwab to get my lugs removed..dang it! i hope there's no more problems with my coilover installation again
Old 11-24-07, 05:50 PM
Baoser
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

wow that sucks...i hope the Volk ones never do that, but taking it to a shop is your safest bet.
Old 11-24-07, 08:14 PM
reLXn
Driver School Candidate

you can heat it up with a torch but then your wheels...
Old 11-24-07, 11:55 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

yea..i was thinking about that too..wouldnt do so well on the wheels..im gonna take it in on monday..time got a bit crunched today..so i wasnt able to take it in today..my next lug nuts are going to be some nice gorilla ones for sure..they look like those last for a long time..considering they're freakin lifetime warranty! they better!
Old 11-24-07, 11:56 PM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

and les schwab said theyd do it for like $40 an hour..which should take long since its only this wheel im having troubles with..then i think they said about $2 per lug nut from gorilla..im gettin all gorilla..maybe even all locking ones..still unsure
Old 11-25-07, 12:00 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

i had the same problwm last year when i had my drifto accident and we could not find a key for the lugs the car never came with 1 so my moms. bought a lock set from sears it will Brake any Wheel locks
Old 11-25-07, 12:07 AM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

i have gorillas on my car..
and yea they ARE strong :] i love em!

it was like 25? or 30 for the set :]
Old 11-25-07, 07:45 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First, use a large allen wrench on the good ones to get them off with out damage, save that messed up tool, you will need it. You need to take it to some place that has a mig welder. You can have a standed nut tack welded to the bad lug or better yet put the messed up tool in it and put a few tacks on it. Works every time! Use several layers of Duct tape or leather to protect the wheel. This is the same method used to remove wheel locks that have stripped or key is lost. Have done it myself and it works.

Quick Reply: help remove my lugnuts!