Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lexus wants to deny my Brake TSB recall claim!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-07, 10:58 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here bro
http://is350.grantham-international....ake%20Pads.pdf
Old 12-04-07, 11:27 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Okay, just got off the phone with Coporate and explained to them my frustrations. The gentleman told me that there were NO TSB's released for my car, yet I experienced two issues with for which there were TSB's released; so I'm not buying that "Sorry there are no TSB's released for your VIN excuse."

The guy created a case for me and told me if they have any issues to give them a call.
Old 12-04-07, 01:02 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sonyman
It sounds to me like your issue is entirely different. With 30k miles on it now, if the brake dust were truly an issue, you would have had it done earlier. Stop trying to get handouts and pay to have a brake job.

Finally............someone with enough ***** to tell him/her to quit whining and get the brakes fixed. 30K miles is pretty damn good for a set of brakes on a car like the 350. If dust were the real issue they would have got them fixed already

Why is it the young folks think everybody owes them something.....grow the f..k up.
Old 12-04-07, 01:13 PM
n0m0
Driver School Candidate

I just got my TSB done in Carlsbad. At first they weren't going to honor the TSB because my front wheels were clean and then I told them it was raining and how the hell are you going to tell me you can't honor it. The service consultant said he would persuade the tech people to do it and he did. I even got new rotors! I would recommend bringing it there if you live close by.
Old 12-04-07, 01:14 PM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gtidan
Finally............someone with enough ***** to tell him/her to quit whining and get the brakes fixed. 30K miles is pretty damn good for a set of brakes on a car like the 350. If dust were the real issue they would have got them fixed already
Sorry if I don't have time to visit the dealership like some folks.

I'm not **** enough to take time out of my busy day to take my car to the dealer because of "excessive" brake dust. Hell, if it bothers me that much I'll pay the guy who washes my car every week another $10 bucks.
Old 12-04-07, 01:18 PM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by n0m0
I just got my TSB done in Carlsbad. At first they weren't going to honor the TSB because my front wheels were clean and then I told them it was raining and how the hell are you going to tell me you can't honor it. The service consultant said he would persuade the tech people to do it and he did. I even got new rotors! I would recommend bringing it there if you live close by.
I don't care what they do to the car, as long as it stops squealing. My impression of Lexus has been so tainted with the slew of issue(s)
Old 12-04-07, 01:26 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Which dealership did you go to anyways?

Originally Posted by Gtidan

Why is it the young folks think everybody owes them something.....grow the f..k up.
I did not get my brake dust fixed until it was at 26,xxx miles... I keep reading it on the forum but I keep forgetting or I just did not really care. I just wiped my wheels everyday.
Old 12-04-07, 06:03 PM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Which dealership did you go to anyways?

I did not get my brake dust fixed until it was at 26,xxx miles... I keep reading it on the forum but I keep forgetting or I just did not really care. I just wiped my wheels everyday.
Went to Vista on my first check up. Then after 10k miles my buddy noticed that there was a lug missing where they took the wheel off to replace the tire sensor. This would be the 2nd time; I'm going to Keys this time, we'll see how this goes!
Old 12-04-07, 07:49 PM
phisig
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sonyman
It sounds to me like your issue is entirely different. With 30k miles on it now, if the brake dust were truly an issue, you would have had it done earlier. Stop trying to get handouts and pay to have a brake job.

Why give the stealership money when you don't have to? I am having my GF do the same thing with her car. At this point his rotors might be toast thou.
Old 12-04-07, 08:26 PM
ES3
Lexus Champion

The dealerships are always trying to save money, that's why they typically won't go out of their way to tell you about the TSIB for the brake pads. Because you're informed, you don't have to deal with the brake dust, and you have until you hit 4 years or 50k miles to complain about it for a free pad replacement. Period. If you chose to buy your own non-high friction pads, fine. But Lexus is offering to replace them for free, IF you know about it.
Old 12-04-07, 08:49 PM
dmz
Rookie

Should have kept your bimmer...
Old 12-05-07, 04:17 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

I took my in last week to get the TSB for the brakes. no problem at NB Lexus.. I only have 19K maybe that was the case .....
Old 12-05-07, 04:22 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ES3
The dealerships are always trying to save money, that's why they typically won't go out of their way to tell you about the TSIB for the brake pads. Because you're informed, you don't have to deal with the brake dust, and you have until you hit 4 years or 50k miles to complain about it for a free pad replacement. Period. If you chose to buy your own non-high friction pads, fine. But Lexus is offering to replace them for free, IF you know about it.
Unfortunately, avoiding warranty work is not how a dealer saves money. Dealers make GOOD money doing warranty work. Techs don't make much but the dealer does. The reason a dealer bulks at doing warranty work is because if it's not a legitimate warranty job, the claim could be denied by Lexus and then the dealer would eat the whole job. BTW this happens a lot. Lexus dealers must be very careful in deciding what is legit. and what's not.

The OP should ask that the TSB be done. If there are other problems, he will be notified by the dealer and given an estimate, minus the dustless pads.
Old 12-05-07, 04:36 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
Yup, they state not all IS 350's have the recall. I think this is BS.

My brakes sound like they are about to fall off! From metal grinding, to clunking, every imaginable noise a brake can make, my does!

I have about 30k miles on my car now and I do not drive hard.

What should I do?
At 30K your brake pads are probably shot.
If so how are you going to complain about brake dust now?Especially when you brought the car in for brake noise.
I can't blame the dealer for not going with a brake pad TSB if that's the case.
Maybe if you have bought a few cars and/or had your car serviced by that dealer,they may look the other way and do the TSB.

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-05-07 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-05-07, 05:21 AM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You got full service from your original pads for 30k miles and have nothing to complain about. Just do the right thing and man up, and pay for a new set of brakes and not try to game the system. From an ethical standpoint you shouldn't be trying to rip Lexus for a new set of brakes at this point.

Quick Reply: Lexus wants to deny my Brake TSB recall claim!