Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lexus wants to deny my Brake TSB recall claim!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 08:25 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Katin2
Stop trying to nickel and dime the dealer... Sack up and fork out the money to pay for your car. Great way to take care of your car

Just sell your lexus now.. Do us all a favor
Why quote me,Katin?
Old 12-06-07, 08:27 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Why quote me,Katin?
Woops forgot to say I agree with you.. Meant for the DOnkey who posted this Topic
Old 12-06-07, 08:35 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Katin2
Woops forgot to say I agree with you.. Meant for the DOnkey who posted this Topic

Old 12-06-07, 08:38 AM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds to me like lexus isnt the right car for u..
Old 12-06-07, 08:41 AM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

quit complaining and move on. sell the car and go back to bmw
Old 12-06-07, 09:23 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

well, it would seem the majority of you guys are happy with your car and experiencing Zero problems.

Just wait until something goes wrong and the dealer tries to blame you for everything without thourougly inspecting your car. I would expect this type of treatment if my car was modified, but its BONE STOCK.

In regards to the doorlock it does not unlock/ lock by using any type of remote, key fob or outter door button. The 'sticky' door lock started to occur a few months ago, but then got progressively worst, almost like something is stuck. It would nudge a little bit, but it would take repeated attempts before it unlocks/ locks. Over the past 5 years, I've taken about 6 of my cars to the damn tint place and NEVER had a single problem, I always supervise their work MAKING sure everything that is disconnected is connected.

I see where some of you guys are coming from, but put yourself in my shoes, right now I feel like they are trying to point the finger at me without even inspecting the car! I have the cold start engine rattle issue where there was a TSB released for it; and they said it was a loose engine mount and it wasn't because of the TSB

I was first fine with the brakes but the other two excuses got me suspicious...
Old 12-06-07, 09:30 AM
Shoafb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
well, it would seem the majority of you guys are happy with your car and experiencing Zero problems.

Just wait until something goes wrong and the dealer tries to blame you for everything without thourougly inspecting your car. I would expect this type of treatment if my car was modified, but its BONE STOCK.

In regards to the doorlock it does not unlock/ lock by using any type of remote, key fob or outter door button. The 'sticky' door lock started to occur a few months ago, but then got progressively worst, almost like something is stuck. It would nudge a little bit, but it would take repeated attempts before it unlocks/ locks. Over the past 5 years, I've taken about 6 of my cars to the damn tint place and NEVER had a single problem, I always supervise their work MAKING sure everything that is disconnected is connected.

I see where some of you guys are coming from, but put yourself in my shoes, right now I feel like they are trying to point the finger at me without even inspecting the car! I have the cold start engine rattle issue where there was a TSB released for it; and they said it was a loose engine mount and it wasn't because of the TSB

I was first fine with the brakes but the other two excuses got me suspicious...

Did they fix the engine mount then?
They should also check into and verify what is going on with the door locks for you. As for the brakes though... I think you are on your own with that one.
If you come across strong trying to get the brake job for free they might just assume you are trying to get over on them for EVERYTHING and start off on the defensive.
Pay up and get the brake job done but let them know you want these other items addressed while the car is in.
Old 12-06-07, 09:34 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Quit whining and take it to another dealer.
Old 12-06-07, 09:42 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

The 'sticky' door lock started to occur a few months ago, but then got progressively worst,
I think that is your basic problem. You don't get things fixed when they first start occurring. Instead you wait until they get so bad you can't stand it anymore. I understand not wanting to continuously go to the dealer, but make an appointment get a loaner and be on your way. It takes all of 30 minutes.
Old 12-06-07, 09:58 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My guess is that you probably got off on the wrong foot with your dealer by demanding free brake service, and are now being treated as a "problem customer". The TSIB for brake dust was not a recall, and is not a coupon for free brakes whenever the originals wear out. It is very specificly worded as a solution to a common complaint about excessive dust.

Now that you explained the door lock issue further, I agree that it might be a warranty item, but it would be wise to check the plugs yourself just in case. It wouldn't take more than a few minutes to remove a few screws, and pop a few snaps so you can reach up under the door panel (from the bottom) to make sure they are plugged in well. I know this because I forgot to plug them in once myself. If you have the dealer do it, they might charge you $200 to plug them in if they don't find something else wrong.

As Shoafb said, the engine mount should be covered by warranty anyway. If the dealer is going to give you a hard time with that, then it is clear that you need to find a new dealer. Keep in mind that Dealerships are privately owned, so you can't always blame Lexus for bad service. However, you can certainly complain TO Lexus about the dealership's poor service, and they can help.
Old 12-06-07, 10:10 AM
shiftlock
Driver School Candidate

Thats weird cause I'm having something similar to his case about the brakes. I have an 07 IS 350 and im experiencing the whole brake squeaking noise. (I have about 20K), It originally started at 15k. I took it to Lexus and the service guy said it was "because the 350 had a bigger brake setup and that it happens a lot to these vehicles". I didnt believe him so I took my car to my buddy's shop to take a look and maybe even change out the brakes, but as soon as he took a look at them he said that I didnt need to change my brakes for awhile cause they're virtually brand new. My buddy told me that every once in awhile he would run into a bad set of brake pads. He said it could just probably be the case for my car. So I dropped my car of Lexus and they ended up changing out my pads and the problem was solved.
Old 12-06-07, 10:25 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shiftlock
Thats weird cause I'm having something similar to his case about the brakes. I have an 07 IS 350 and im experiencing the whole brake squeaking noise. (I have about 20K), It originally started at 15k. I took it to Lexus and the service guy said it was "because the 350 had a bigger brake setup and that it happens a lot to these vehicles". I didnt believe him so I took my car to my buddy's shop to take a look and maybe even change out the brakes, but as soon as he took a look at them he said that I didnt need to change my brakes for awhile cause they're virtually brand new. My buddy told me that every once in awhile he would run into a bad set of brake pads. He said it could just probably be the case for my car. So I dropped my car of Lexus and they ended up changing out my pads and the problem was solved.
If you do a lot of highway driving and / or rarely use your brakes hard, they can become "un-bedded". My wife's Infiniti FX35 is bad about that. I have to re-bed those brakes every so often to minimize the complaints from my neighbors who are woken up at 7 AM as my wife backs out of the driveway.

Just get on the highway when there's no traffic, and do several moderate braking sessions from 70 to 20 MPH, let them cool for a couple miles, then do several hard braking sessions from 70 to 20, then drive a few more miles to let them cool again before stopping.
Old 12-06-07, 10:53 AM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Gernby
My guess is that you probably got off on the wrong foot with your dealer by demanding free brake service, and are now being treated as a "problem customer". The TSIB for brake dust was not a recall, and is not a coupon for free brakes whenever the originals wear out. It is very specificly worded as a solution to a common complaint about excessive dust.

Now that you explained the door lock issue further, I agree that it might be a warranty item, but it would be wise to check the plugs yourself just in case. It wouldn't take more than a few minutes to remove a few screws, and pop a few snaps so you can reach up under the door panel (from the bottom) to make sure they are plugged in well. I know this because I forgot to plug them in once myself. If you have the dealer do it, they might charge you $200 to plug them in if they don't find something else wrong.

As Shoafb said, the engine mount should be covered by warranty anyway. If the dealer is going to give you a hard time with that, then it is clear that you need to find a new dealer. Keep in mind that Dealerships are privately owned, so you can't always blame Lexus for bad service. However, you can certainly complain TO Lexus about the dealership's poor service, and they can help.
I'm not the free loading type, never has the excuse of getting free service for my incompetence ever crossed my mind. I am frustrated because I feel that there is something faulty with the brake system on these cars to cause the pads to wear out prematurely. I have numerous clients in the automotive industry who will swap out the pads with no charge, that is never going to be the issue. However, having the dealer tell me that the ROTORS needs to be replaced as well, now that I have a problem with, especially when they tried to sell me on a discount if I bought the pads also; thats Coercion.

Right now I sense that they are trying to BS me, and they are not going to get away with that. I'm not some chick who's daddy bought me a car for me to drive around. What is really suspicious is when they informed me that it "could" be the tint shop that screwed up the door lock. They stated that, if they start to open the panel and discover that it was the tint shop who failed to connect the plugs properly, they will charge me for the repairs. Its all about wording; from what they stated, I pretty much have NO choice. If I say no, don't open it up I'm screwed. If I say, "yea go open it up." They can EASILY come back and tell me its the tint shop's fault. Of course, I will demand proof and that they fill out an affidavit accusing the tint shop for me to forward to the tint shop to seek reinbursement.

If they fail to comply, my attorney will be notified. I'm sure he can dig up some beef about Keys Lexus. He already reviewed the TSB's and will get back to me later today.

Whats really sad is that I alone bought 3 cars from this car dealership group. Two Toyota's, one for my mom and other for dad, and now I have the lexus. Well, this will be the last transaction I will have with this automotive group and I will write a thourough letter to the owner and the dealership management regarding my experience.
Old 12-06-07, 11:06 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

I'm not the free loading type, never has the excuse of getting free service for my incompetence ever crossed my mind. I am frustrated because I feel that there is something faulty with the brake system on these cars to cause the pads to wear out prematurely. I have numerous clients in the automotive industry who will swap out the pads with no charge, that is never going to be the issue. However, having the dealer tell me that the ROTORS needs to be replaced as well, now that I have a problem with, especially when they tried to sell me on a discount if I bought the pads also; thats Coercion.

Right now I sense that they are trying to BS me, and they are not going to get away with that. I'm not some chick who's daddy bought me a car for me to drive around. What is really suspicious is when they informed me that it "could" be the tint shop that screwed up the door lock. They stated that, if they start to open the panel and discover that it was the tint shop who failed to connect the plugs properly, they will charge me for the repairs. Its all about wording; from what they stated, I pretty much have NO choice. If I say no, don't open it up I'm screwed. If I say, "yea go open it up." They can EASILY come back and tell me its the tint shop's fault. Of course, I will demand proof and that they fill out an affidavit accusing the tint shop for me to forward to the tint shop to seek reinbursement.

If they fail to comply, my attorney will be notified. I'm sure he can dig up some beef about Keys Lexus. He already reviewed the TSB's and will get back to me later today.

Whats really sad is that I alone bought 3 cars from this car dealership group. Two Toyota's, one for my mom and other for dad, and now I have the lexus. Well, this will be the last transaction I will have with this automotive group and I will write a thourough letter to the owner and the dealership management regarding my experience.
Your pads are worn so it's probably metal to metal and the rotors need to be at least resurfaced or even replaced and that's not unusual.Also only getting 30K on pads is also not unusual.There's nothing wrong with your brakes.You didn't worry about it at 7K miles.
Personally for $800,I'd go somewhere else to get a brakejob and save a few hundred dollars.You must know a decent mechanic.A brake job isn't rocket science to a mechanic.
As far as the electronic lock issue..why not go back to the tint place and let them check and see if the plug is attached.
Getting an attorney at $300 hr is silly.I'm sure if need be,the dealer has lawyers on retainer.A back and forth with attorneys will cost you a bundle.You need a brakejob so the TSB doesn't come into play.

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-06-07 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-06-07, 12:06 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Wow for someone who "doesn't have time" to take their car in for service on a regular basis, you sure do have a lot of time to be calling attorney's and starting a legal battle.

Seriously, how hard is it to get a second opinion from another dealer???

Quick Reply: Lexus wants to deny my Brake TSB recall claim!