Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lexus wants to deny my Brake TSB recall claim!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 01:12 PM
Shoafb
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
I'm not the free loading type, never has the excuse of getting free service for my incompetence ever crossed my mind. I am frustrated because I feel that there is something faulty with the brake system on these cars to cause the pads to wear out prematurely. I have numerous clients in the automotive industry who will swap out the pads with no charge, that is never going to be the issue. However, having the dealer tell me that the ROTORS needs to be replaced as well, now that I have a problem with, especially when they tried to sell me on a discount if I bought the pads also; thats Coercion.

Right now I sense that they are trying to BS me, and they are not going to get away with that. I'm not some chick who's daddy bought me a car for me to drive around. What is really suspicious is when they informed me that it "could" be the tint shop that screwed up the door lock. They stated that, if they start to open the panel and discover that it was the tint shop who failed to connect the plugs properly, they will charge me for the repairs. Its all about wording; from what they stated, I pretty much have NO choice. If I say no, don't open it up I'm screwed. If I say, "yea go open it up." They can EASILY come back and tell me its the tint shop's fault. Of course, I will demand proof and that they fill out an affidavit accusing the tint shop for me to forward to the tint shop to seek reinbursement.

If they fail to comply, my attorney will be notified. I'm sure he can dig up some beef about Keys Lexus. He already reviewed the TSB's and will get back to me later today.

Whats really sad is that I alone bought 3 cars from this car dealership group. Two Toyota's, one for my mom and other for dad, and now I have the lexus. Well, this will be the last transaction I will have with this automotive group and I will write a thourough letter to the owner and the dealership management regarding my experience.

There is nothing wrong with your brake system. The manual states they are high fricton pads and rotors and lists the life expectency of the pads at 20k and the rotors at 50k depending on driving conditions. Since you have no pad left... the rotors have all ready been damaged. Unfortunatly you only have youself to blame for that one. Going after the dealership like it is thier fault is only going to hurt you, not them.

The other items should be resolved under warranty..... unless you get a lawyer involved for the brake job... then they will just refuse everything assuming you can't be pleased anyway.
Old 12-06-07, 01:44 PM
sirkfc
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry if I don't have time to visit the dealership like some folks.

I'm not **** enough to take time out of my busy day to take my car to the dealer because of "excessive" brake dust. Hell, if it bothers me that much I'll pay the guy who washes my car every week another $10 bucks.
You just confirmed why you don't need the TSIB service done for the low dust brakes. It's not a problem for you, so you choose not to use it.

Replacing the pads just happens to be the only way they can address the dust problem. If they could somehow modify your existing brakes in a cost effective manner, they would have done that as the TSIB. It is NOT a TSIB for getting free brakes once your's are worn.

And if you can't find the time to take the car in when you think there's a problem with your brakes, how are you going to have time when something really bad happens when your brakes finally give out? If you are so busy that you can't bother going to the dealer and servicing a car, you should just hire a car service to drive you around as you surely can afford that if your time is indeed so valuable. Otherwise, spend the 1 day every 3 months and get your car serviced properly.
Old 12-06-07, 01:53 PM
S54toIS350
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buds
Wow for someone who "doesn't have time" to take their car in for service on a regular basis, you sure do have a lot of time to be calling attorney's and starting a legal battle.

Seriously, how hard is it to get a second opinion from another dealer???
A simple phone call and faxing a few documents is not exactly the same as driving to the dealer, checking in and getting a loaner.

The Attorney is a friend of mine of 9 years.
Old 12-06-07, 01:56 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

A simple phone call and faxing a few documents is not exactly the same as driving to the dealer, checking in and getting a loaner.

I dont know about your dealers, but both dealers that I've been to here have had me in and out (with loan car) in under 15 minutes.

I still don't understand why you just won't take your car for a second opinion
Old 12-06-07, 02:01 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Double post.

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-06-07 at 02:06 PM. Reason: double post
Old 12-06-07, 02:02 PM
Akatsuki
Lead Lap

at least some of you guys get loaners.. i gotta get someone to pick me up and my trip is about 1h30m each time i need to go to the damn dealer.. she's prolly out of driving distance also.. just a thought
Old 12-06-07, 02:03 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

30 minutes or less and you're in and out with a loaner.
Your lawyer friend and you don't have a leg to stand on.If he can't see it,he's a terrible lawyer or he's just yanking your chain because he is a friend.

You're acting like a spoiled child.
Old 12-06-07, 02:06 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot ... I wouldn't be surprised if this thread has eaten up 60 man hours.
Old 12-06-07, 02:09 PM
Shoafb
Rookie

Didn't you need to have the oil changed at some point? That would have been a convenient time to take it in.
Old 12-06-07, 02:21 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oil change at the dealership?!?
Old 12-06-07, 02:24 PM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gernby
Shoot ... I wouldn't be surprised if this thread has eaten up 60 man hours.
Ha that's exactly where I was headed, you beat me to it!
Old 12-06-07, 02:25 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shoafb
Didn't you need to have the oil changed at some point? That would have been a convenient time to take it in.
Definitely a Jiffy Luber!
The guy is a busy,busy man!
Old 12-06-07, 02:46 PM
Shoafb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gernby
Oil change at the dealership?!?
well... if your that straped for time and.....

1. You HAVE to get the oil changed anyway, no getting around that.

2. You are having issues with your car that you feel should be under warranty.

3. Might as well hit both at the same time.
Old 12-06-07, 02:51 PM
Shoafb
Rookie

Originally Posted by Joeb427
Definitely a Jiffy Luber!
The guy is a busy,busy man!

going by this qoute, It is a women...an angry one at that.....

"I'm not some chick who's daddy bought me a car for me to drive around."
Old 12-06-07, 03:13 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 727 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Buds
I still don't understand why you just won't take your car for a second opinion
+1 in So Cal there are plenty of dealers that are within 30 minutes of each other.

Quick Reply: Lexus wants to deny my Brake TSB recall claim!