Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein Ha size??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-07, 09:21 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tein Ha size??

i am too lazy to jack up my car (stock jack is stripped.. so i would need to borrow a friends .. too much work. and floor jacks wont fit under the car) so if anyone here knows the circumference of the shock body of the Tein Ha that would be SUPER!!

planning to get the UAS for my Tein HA, if they fit. cause i know the UAS fit the Tein CS-t

thanks in advance guys!
Old 12-11-07, 09:46 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

nope... as far as i know the uas bags wont fit over the HA's... i have em too

*** as soon as i saw the title of this thread i knew what the ? was and a frown came to my face
Old 12-11-07, 09:54 PM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Where did you guys get Tein HA? They're discontinued.

I wanna go with UAS bags with my Tein CS but is there an advantage in putting bags on coilovers instead of regular struts?
Old 12-11-07, 10:07 PM
ShaneC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrispy
Where did you guys get Tein HA? They're discontinued.

I wanna go with UAS bags with my Tein CS but is there an advantage in putting bags on coilovers instead of regular struts?

their adjustable. but i am still getting more info in this. maybe the height can be adjusted with coilovers but i am not too sure yet
Old 12-11-07, 10:22 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by ShaneC
their adjustable. but i am still getting more info in this. maybe the height can be adjusted with coilovers but i am not too sure yet
Dampening adjustable of course, but is it because fully slammed on air won't let you lay frame? Sorry for OT and thanks for the info.
Old 12-11-07, 10:37 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

u should be able to get the a body kit on the floor with the right coilovers/air combo. it depends on the height adjustability and how the bags are when fully deflated.... amongst other thing..

as for the HAs..... i just kinda lucked out on them a few months back, just needed a couple of seatlocks and the nuts at the top
Old 12-11-07, 10:38 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

u can go bag over cst... they do fit indeed.... but with such an expensive combo, might as well have gone with Airrunner from the beginning
Old 12-11-07, 10:56 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by excluesive
u can go bag over cst... they do fit indeed.... but with such an expensive combo, might as well have gone with Airrunner from the beginning
I got my CS used for a bit over 700, and my stock struts are gone. I can get a set of aftermarket struts for 300-400 and at that point it's pretty close to the cost of my coilovers. Not sure where to go from here.
Old 12-12-07, 08:52 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

now i see the dilemma.... how many miles on the CS's doyou know? cuz if its at the point where theyre on the verge of a rebuild... ah i dont know where im going with that... just take it into consideration. i say just look for a set of SS or flex and drop it low
Old 12-12-07, 10:18 AM
chrispy

I've thought about that too. I think around 15k?
Old 12-12-07, 10:34 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
now i see the dilemma.... how many miles on the CS's doyou know? cuz if its at the point where theyre on the verge of a rebuild... ah i dont know where im going with that... just take it into consideration. i say just look for a set of SS or flex and drop it low
New, the ss are the really cheap ones and the flex are the most expensive teins, right?
hhmmmmm, but i heard the flex have a firm ride.......
Old 12-13-07, 12:22 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

i dont see how people can exact to keep the cushy gs ride when they want to go low low low
Old 12-13-07, 12:44 AM
Caoboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
New, the ss are the really cheap ones and the flex are the most expensive teins, right?
hhmmmmm, but i heard the flex have a firm ride.......
The FLEX really don't have that firm of a ride. If you adjust the damping to the softer side (like 6) it rides as well as stock. (IMO)
Old 12-13-07, 02:46 PM
lightwave76
Lexus Test Driver

just an FYI the diameter of the shock including the threads can be no larger than 2.14 inches.

I'm running Tein CSv2 with UAS bags, and had to sell my HA's because they would not fit. And I prefer HA's over CSv2 any day. I measured both with a caliper at the widest point. You could always go with a different shock all together as long as the diameter of the shock will fit.

Right now as far as I know I'm the only GS running this combo. UAS developed prototype brackets on the rear shock to hold the bag at such a low point for clearance issues. The final bracket most likely will not have this many pieces as mine does. (10 per side) The bracket was a cad design with many R&D hours.

see pic below.

The difference between airrunner and UAS is with UAS you have the option to go with bigger air lines and can tweak options for the entire set up. Both systems have their benefits.

If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old 12-16-07, 03:34 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

i just measured mine, the circumference around the coils is ~7.25 inches meaning the diameter is about 2.39". around the other part it is about 6.25 inches and about 1.99" diameter. sucks about this that we justttt miss it. i would love to go with the UAS and HA package. oh well

Quick Reply: Tein Ha size??