Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help Help Help, Urgent (Spring Questions)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-07 | 06:02 PM
Somy6
Driver

Default Help Help Help, Urgent (Spring Questions)

I just bought my SC300 two days ago. I had a set of Volk SF-winning on my 350z before i got in a bad accident. The wheels are fine so i got much smaller tires and put them on my SC. They are Volks 19x9.5 +19 front and 19x10.5 +17 back. Well the wheels look great but the offset is too aggresive for the SC. It rubs on the tires at almost every bump even though the car sits really high off the ground. I was wondering what Springs you guys would recommend that can fix this problem. I was thinking Eibach Prokit springs cause they are the only ones that lower only 1.0 inch all around and the rest lower the car much much more. I have no money for shocks or coilovers.

What is the most stiff Spring out there for the SC???
I only need an inch of lowering or so not much more than that.

Really need your help guys cause if i dont do this really really soon i am gonna beed new tires.
Old 12-19-07 | 07:56 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

its not that you need a stiff spring. you need to roll and pull your fenders to make the wheels fit properly. a stiff spring will not solve your problem. in fact i dont think theres a spring that will solve your problem. i would give up my left nut to have those wheels in those offsets on my SC.

Easy equation:

ROLL+PULL+STRETCH TIRE+CAMBER(A LITTLE)= ****
Old 12-20-07 | 08:55 AM
Somy6
Driver

lookin for a place to roll my fender and that would have the springs in stock as well. I think a lil stiffer spring could help a little. I already have the stretched tires on there. I used to have 275/35/19 on the 9.5 wheel and 295/35/19 on the rear with KDW2. It was great. The wheels are already on the car. They look amazing but i am driving an SUV for now. When i had them on the Z it just needed to be lowered just a tiny bit thats all. Now i am dealing with a big mess. I am gonna put the springs and roll the fenders and see what happens. Will keep you guys updated.

Any shops here in AZ have Tenabe springs in stock for SC300???? NEED THEM ASAP. Please call me at (480)363-9946 so i can come get em ASAP.

thanks
Old 12-20-07 | 06:49 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

you will need A LOT of fender modification. i have a 18x10 +38 and i rubbed before the roll. you have a 10.5 and a +17 so get ready to spend some cash. No spring or coilovers will solve this problem
Old 12-20-07 | 07:12 PM
fwynn
Lexus Test Driver

springs wont make a difference..

just ROll all four fenders. (or shave)
pull your fronts and ur rears (if u like) and you should be fine.

lower if u want.. u wont rub if u do the pull.
Old 12-20-07 | 07:24 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

Here is a similar set up to what you are running from a member with stock rolled fenders and camber from a drop.

You have 7mm less offset in the front and 9mm less in the rear. With a 235 up front (vs. his 245), you make up 5mm of fender clearance right off the bat (perhaps more since his tires are BFG. This means you need 2mm of space from camber to have identical tire-fender clearance to the car in the post above.

You have 9mm less offset in the back. He is running a 265 BFG, which runs wide. Any other 265 (especially something like a Dunlop Direzza) is buying you mm already. Get an alignment shop to dial in a bit more camber, and you might be able to pull it off. If not, a mild fender pull can make miracles happen.

The drop will get your car to inherent camber, which will be a start...but, you will likely need to draw more out of the car by taking it to an alignment shop and having them milk the mm of fitment you need for this set up. With a drop, an alignment with aggressive camber, and a good fender roll, you will definitely make it up front, and you will be within 2-3mm in the rear if you do end up needing a pull.
Old 12-21-07 | 12:47 PM
Somy6
Driver

My wheels stick out way more than he doesn. Bue BFG's are usually much wider than any other brand of tires. My tire walls are tiny. I am not rubbing when i am driving alone but at the same time i feel like i am drivin a truck I will order my springs next week, fender roll, and alignment. I already started saving up for the turbo kit and so on. Stay tuned cause i am gonna have some more questions about my turbo setup