Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen Steering Rack Bushing Replacement Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 03:16 PM
redjeeper
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I have not installed my bushings yet and i am afraid to at this point. As for the response from TM Engineering, I will say that this was the first and last time I will ever order any products from them. If you are in business for yourself, customer service is WAy more important than the quality of the product. If you think that knowledge is superior to your customer and that the customer is wrong, you are sorely mistaken. One bad can hurt your business more than 1,000 good customers. Good customers don't leave feedback, but bad ones always do. He has definetly lost my business forever.

Just my .02
Old 01-05-08, 04:22 PM
blue99GS4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redjeeper
I have not installed my bushings yet and i am afraid to at this point. As for the response from TM Engineering, I will say that this was the first and last time I will ever order any products from them. If you are in business for yourself, customer service is WAy more important than the quality of the product. If you think that knowledge is superior to your customer and that the customer is wrong, you are sorely mistaken. One bad can hurt your business more than 1,000 good customers. Good customers don't leave feedback, but bad ones always do. He has definetly lost my business forever.

Just my .02
I agreed. There's absolutely no reason to treat your customers like idiots. BTW, could you measure your Daizen metal sleeves for me? I need the length, and outside diameter. As I said, I am thinking of getting a shop to make me some. I can't mess it up anymore than they can, right?
Thanks
Old 01-05-08, 04:36 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Well it depends...are you a pseudo engineer?
Old 01-05-08, 10:11 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you guys thought about getting TRD bushings? I dont' have the link, but search for it in this section.

i was one of the lucky ones to get the last batch of steering rack bushings before they became an rare item. The front control arm bushings was about a 2 month wait for me. I'm still waiting for my coilover to arrive so I can do everything at once.
Old 01-06-08, 02:12 AM
blue99GS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSteg
Well it depends...are you a pseudo engineer?
LOL, I hope not. Anyone can help me with some dimensions of the Daizen sleeves, please?
Old 01-07-08, 09:04 AM
bwilder10h
Driver

Has anyone spoken to Daizen about this issue? I have my car torn apart, replacing the ball joints and tie-rods but want to see what the response is before installing the rack bushings...
Old 01-07-08, 09:35 AM
blue99GS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bwilder10h
Has anyone spoken to Daizen about this issue? I have my car torn apart, replacing the ball joints and tie-rods but want to see what the response is before installing the rack bushings...
I haven't heard either from Sewell Lexus nor Daizen. Could you measure your Daizen sleeves, while they're uninstalled, for me. I just need the length and outside diameters.
Thanks
Old 01-07-08, 09:53 AM
bwilder10h
Driver

1-5/8" length and 13/16" OD

If you have a set made, see what they would charge for 2 and I'll pay for them and shipping...
Old 01-08-08, 05:56 PM
DHRP
Lead Lap

I'm no Pseudo Engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

I'm with the camp that is holding off installing these and see how the thread progresses. Unfortunately, we won't hear from non CL members that installed the bushings and having the same issues. Has anyone heard of any complaints with previous batches?
Old 01-09-08, 10:52 AM
blue99GS4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DHRP
I'm no Pseudo Engineer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night

I'm with the camp that is holding off installing these and see how the thread progresses. Unfortunately, we won't hear from non CL members that installed the bushings and having the same issues. Has anyone heard of any complaints with previous batches?

I never recieved any e-mail response from Daizen nor Sewell Lexus. So I proceeded to call Sewell. I did talk to Darrel at Sewell Lexus. He said that they don't generally have any complain with this part. As far as the I.D being large compared to OEM dimension, he said that is being control by Daizen. They are only a distributor. And if Daizen saw it fit to make it large, it's probably ok.
This could be an isolated case, where I happen to have all the tolerances stacked up against me. Therefore, I felt more play.
Old 01-10-08, 01:00 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Attention GSteg!!!

I ordered my set on July 9th of 2007. Granted they took about a month to get but do i have the older batch or new batch? I didn't realize that there was a problem. Mine are uninstalled at this time so i can't comment on the issue.. thanks

Tony
Old 01-10-08, 01:10 PM
bwilder10h
Driver

I find it interesting Daizen has no phone number to call to speak to them....

I personally dont want to take the gamble and install them until I know 100% it's not going to cause problems.
Old 01-10-08, 06:18 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmf2004
I ordered my set on July 9th of 2007. Granted they took about a month to get but do i have the older batch or new batch? I didn't realize that there was a problem. Mine are uninstalled at this time so i can't comment on the issue.. thanks

Tony
Tony, can you take a picture of the metal sleeve? If you have the gold sleeve then its most likely the older batch. The newer one is not coated I believe, and the surface on the end isn't as smooth and nice looking. Then again, I've only seen one set in person.
Old 01-12-08, 08:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Tony, can you take a picture of the metal sleeve? If you have the gold sleeve then its most likely the older batch. The newer one is not coated I believe, and the surface on the end isn't as smooth and nice looking. Then again, I've only seen one set in person.
Thanks Henry.. I looked the other day and the color is gold but the ends are smooth not rough... Hope that helps.. Thanks again

Tony
Old 01-12-08, 11:05 AM
GSteg
Rookie

You have the good batch then. You should be good to go.

Quick Reply: Daizen Steering Rack Bushing Replacement Questions?