Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

~Megan LP Series Coilover on the Way~

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-08, 06:18 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ~Megan LP Series Coilover on the Way~

Today I ordered the Megan Full coilover from hopupracing.com.. The customer service name steve done a great job and he called Megan Racing company if they have the coilover for the IS250 RWD in stock. I was very pleased and happy for what he did all the work for me.. They will be here next week and I will give ya an update.. Also I will install the suspension myself and going to take some pics..
Old 01-02-08, 06:19 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Wish I was there I love suspension work!
Old 01-02-08, 06:21 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
Wish I was there I love suspension work!
Very true, Doing the suspension is more fun then working on the motor lol!! The motor give me headache and sometime I forgot where the parts go...
Old 01-02-08, 06:47 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you can come to FL I can help you out lol...after I saw how they installed my coilovers I would do yours in a heart beat...If you get stuck or have any questions feel free to PM me and ill try my best to help you out. BTW everytime I drive car car now I catch myself with a smile on my face...You will love how your car drives.
Old 01-02-08, 06:55 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iceman1117
If you can come to FL I can help you out lol...after I saw how they installed my coilovers I would do yours in a heart beat...If you get stuck or have any questions feel free to PM me and ill try my best to help you out. BTW everytime I drive car car now I catch myself with a smile on my face...You will love how your car drives.
AWESOME dude, It is ok and I can do it. Tomorrow I will start work at LExus and be an auto tech(new opportunity job).. I just graduate last summer for Auto Technician and recieved the AAS degree.. Im very happy and I love to challenge myself to work on car..
Old 01-02-08, 10:08 PM
pockyby
Pole Position

VIS250P a question wht make u pick megan over others coilover? from other thread that i have look at some said is junk and other seen to be ok with it, since the price is very rite compare to other brand. am thinkin about the ksport coilover or the megan since the price is the lowest hehehe
Old 01-02-08, 11:03 PM
Signal_jp
Lead Lap

the good: doing the labor yourself

the bad: why megan racing coilovers?

i personally have not used any megan racing products but have read many reviews and they are not up to standard. iv heard of welds cracking on their headers and rust. i wouldnt trust my IS on megan coilovers.

If i had the funds, id run zeals but im on tein SS coilovers.
Old 01-03-08, 05:25 AM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Signal_jp
the good: doing the labor yourself

the bad: why megan racing coilovers?

i personally have not used any megan racing products but have read many reviews and they are not up to standard. iv heard of welds cracking on their headers and rust. i wouldnt trust my IS on megan coilovers.

If i had the funds, id run zeals but im on tein SS coilovers.
I wouldnt get TEIN. They can get rust, no top pillow mounts (CS model have front only), and the warranty is wack.. I prefer get Megan becuase few ISx50 have them and they have no problem with them.. I want to get TEIN SS but sorry I prefer get Megan LS..

Originally Posted by pockyby
VIS250P a question wht make u pick megan over others coilover? from other thread that i have look at some said is junk and other seen to be ok with it, since the price is very rite compare to other brand. am thinkin about the ksport coilover or the megan since the price is the lowest hehehe
I rather get Megan over the Ksport coilover because few of my buddy have Ksport and they blown within a year.. Also Megan coilover come with every specification as pillow upper mounts, 32 level adjustable dampers and spring rate is about right.. I dont care people said they are junk or the quality are too cheap for the LExus..

Last edited by VIS250P; 01-03-08 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-03-08, 07:35 AM
pockyby
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VIS250P
I wouldnt get TEIN. They can get rust, no top pillow mounts (CS model have front only), and the warranty is wack.. I prefer get Megan becuase few ISx50 have them and they have no problem with them.. I want to get TEIN SS but sorry I prefer get Megan LS..

I rather get Megan over the Ksport coilover because few of my buddy have Ksport and they blown within a year.. Also Megan coilover come with every specification as pillow upper mounts, 32 level adjustable dampers and spring rate is about right.. I dont care people said they are junk or the quality are too cheap for the LExus..
like u still some of CL member used them too, so when u get them install take alot of the pic of it. also on they're site it said that "The VSC Light may illuminate due to installation of the damper system. At this time Lexus/Toyota does not want to disclose how to remove the light from appearing. Similar instances happen due to a change in tire/wheel combination" r u worry ??
Old 01-03-08, 07:55 AM
HKS350
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I have Megan coilovers. I enjoy them. They are copied from the Apexi style.
Pros: More adjustablity than most coilovers, Pillow mounts, awesome handling.
Cons: Alot of road noise, This is because they are the Japan spec Apexi style. Which means the intire coilover setup is metal ( no rubber on the upper pillow etc.. metal on metal ) Your lexus will not be as quite as a lexus any longer. More like an old farm truck.
No VSC light!!! I've rolled on these for over 5000 miles and six months with no prolbems.

Last edited by HKS350; 01-03-08 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-03-08, 08:03 AM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

I dont understand.. Few IS owner said the TEIN ride quality is too stiff and something negative about the ride..

like u still some of CL member used them too, so when u get them install take alot of the pic of it. also on they're site it said that "The VSC Light may illuminate due to installation of the damper system. At this time Lexus/Toyota does not want to disclose how to remove the light from appearing. Similar instances happen due to a change in tire/wheel combination" r u worry ??
I dont know about this but I will do some research about the VSC light..
Old 01-06-08, 09:30 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Tein CS and I have them set of level 4 out of 16. The rides is far smoother than stock and maybe even quieter, probably due to the fact that it is riding smoother. If you turn them up to 10 or so out of 16 then you have less body roll and a firmer ride, fun maybe if you are going on a road trip and you are going to be going at high speeds on the freeway.
Old 01-07-08, 09:53 PM
VIS250P
Lexus Champion

I recieved them from UPS today.. NO damage or missing parts at all.. When I opened the box, everything look very organized and clean parts.. Here are the pics:

Box:

Opened the box:

Instruction and brand new coilovers:

CoiloverS:

Upper pillow mounts:

Hopefully, my buddy and I will install them tomorrow..
Old 01-07-08, 10:14 PM
iceman1117
Lead Lap

They look great VIS250P. Cant wait to see them on your car and what you think about them. Good Luck on the install...You should be fine but if you have any questions let me know.
Old 01-07-08, 10:40 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The spring on the 2 coilovers in the center doesn't look like it has any preload on it. That is not good if under full drop there is not preload on the coil.

Quick Reply: ~Megan LP Series Coilover on the Way~