Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tanabe DF210 vs. NF210

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-08, 07:45 PM
Todd Edge
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Tanabe DF210 vs. NF210

I just installed some 19" staggered wheels on my otherwise stock GS430. I have decided to keep the stock shocks for the time being and to use Tanabe springs to lower it down. I want the car to still ride close to stock but, want to eliminate the wheel gap without any rubbing. Can I use the DF210's and not have to worry about every bump, speedbump, etc.? I'm runnint the MRR 19x8.5's up front and the 19x9.5's out back.

Thanks,
Todd
Old 01-13-08, 08:30 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

let me understand this; you want the following:
-eliminate wheel gap w/out rubbing
-not have to worry about speedbumps

cant always have your cake and eat it. you really shouldnt have to worry about speedbumps; but then again, dont go charging and flying over those bumps at 20mph but at the same time, you didnt indicate your offsets either. if you have moderate/conservative offsets, even when you hit speedbumps, you shouldnt rub.

i'm on CS almost all the way down on 19's (8.5 front and 10 in rear) and dont rub. GL!

EDIT: sorry, i was referencing the DF's. i believe the NF's dont drop as low as the DF's

Last edited by 4ntvings; 01-13-08 at 08:53 PM.
Old 01-13-08, 08:46 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
let me understand this; you want the following:
-eliminate wheel gap w/out rubbing
-not have to worry about speedbumps

cant always have your cake and eat it. you really shouldnt have to worry about speedbumps. but at the same time, you didnt indicate your offsets either. if you have moderate/conservative offsets, even when you hit speedbumps, you shouldnt rub.

i'm on CS almost all the way down on 19's (8.5 front and 10 in rear) and dont rub. GL!
your nice I would have told him to go search
Old 01-13-08, 08:55 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
your nice I would have told him to go search
Hey Fonz, thanks for the kind word. I remember when I was starting out fresh and needed some help as well. I was lost too; still am at times, LOL!
Old 01-14-08, 05:43 AM
Todd Edge
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm new to Lexus and don't completely understand the suspension setup. Will lowering cause the wheels to sit funny(fold in)? I've noticed in some pictures where the wheels/tires really fold in and not sure if that is to get inside the fenders or if there is no adjustability so the wheel sits perfectly upright. I just don't want to lower 1.5" and find the insides of my tires worn out in 6 months of normal driving. Every other car/truck I've lowered or raised, I had adjustability with the alignment so that the tires hit the ground perfectly square.

Thanks,
Todd
Old 01-14-08, 09:46 AM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Todd Edge
I'm new to Lexus and don't completely understand the suspension setup. Will lowering cause the wheels to sit funny(fold in)? I've noticed in some pictures where the wheels/tires really fold in and not sure if that is to get inside the fenders or if there is no adjustability so the wheel sits perfectly upright. I just don't want to lower 1.5" and find the insides of my tires worn out in 6 months of normal driving. Every other car/truck I've lowered or raised, I had adjustability with the alignment so that the tires hit the ground perfectly square.
Thanks,
Todd
1. lowering = camber/"fold in" (dependent upon how low)
2. currently, there is no camber kit for the 2GS
3. upon install of aftermarket springs, at your discretion, between few days to 2 wks, have full alignment conducted.
4. ultimately, sounds like you're most concerned about tire wear now. my 2 cents, get 20's not 19's w/modest offsets, and the NF's, since they dont drop too much.
5. try this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=spring
6. also, try searching tanabe springs
GL
Old 01-14-08, 06:59 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
1. lowering = camber/"fold in" (dependent upon how low)
2. currently, there is no camber kit for the 2GS
3. upon install of aftermarket springs, at your discretion, between few days to 2 wks, have full alignment conducted.
4. ultimately, sounds like you're most concerned about tire wear now. my 2 cents, get 20's not 19's w/modest offsets, and the NF's, since they dont drop too much.
5. try this: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=spring
6. also, try searching tanabe springs
GL
great Ideas, but there is a camber kit available for the GS. However it's not cost effective and there is no info on it.

You can still go with 19s and run a 40 instead of a 35, but once again not cost effective.

Todd if I was in your shoes, this is what I would do. Get some springs that drop the car even (1" F 1" R ect...) and get some RCAs. That way you won't have camber issues and have an even lowered car like the Tanabe spring line up. Hopefully you will not have a gap, but that deppends on your tire set up.

4ntvings, he is all your again
Old 01-14-08, 09:05 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
4ntvings, he is all your again
thx Fonz, coooooooooool, thx for correcting me on the camber kit item i wasnt aware of that one (see i still get lost at times, lol)

i'm done. Todd, pls watch the dual posts though they are nice pix of your car in the main section. NOW, start the modding!
Old 01-15-08, 02:46 AM
Chris4.3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do the DF's as NF will almost look like stock.
Old 01-15-08, 07:18 PM
GsCruiser
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone has the df's with 20's ...if so do how bad do they rub? ...is there a way to get rid of the rub...or should I just stick with the nf's?
Old 01-16-08, 05:35 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ToySoarer
Do the DF's as NF will almost look like stock.
Agreed! Kind of wish I went with the DF because now I want my GS to be lower.
Old 02-01-08, 07:14 PM
importart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have pics of DF's with 18" wheels -- Im running a 245/40/18 tire all around