Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

TunedParts Billet rear Member Braces

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-08, 11:13 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TunedParts Billet rear Member Braces

I thought of installing the TunedParts Billet rear Member Braces. Link
Other than the H&R springs I already have, I´m planning to replace sway bars (probably Hotchkis), nothing else will be done. Car is my daily drive, no track use (ok, Nürburgring once a year ). What do you guys think, should I go for it or will there be no noticeable difference to the stock parts?
Old 01-15-08, 04:07 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Letz, maybe you should check out the TOM's suspension part's available as well. I've heard good thing's about them, and everyone who has installed so far seems to have no regrets. I say go for it dude!
Old 01-16-08, 07:21 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Those pieces are for aesthetics alone. Save your money.
Old 01-16-08, 04:39 PM
TLP_IS350
Pole Position

allo Letz250, schlag ein! i think that means high five or something. anyways, yes i agree, it's just aesthetics man. if you want super handling get a Porsche or a Bayerische Motoren Werke

Last edited by TLP_IS350; 01-16-08 at 04:41 PM. Reason: used wrong word
Old 01-17-08, 02:01 AM
Letz250
Pole Position

Ok, seeing the number of posts and the answers given, I suppose there´s not much love for these pieces! I also relooked the GB thread and some recent comments make me doubt about its purpopse on a street car too. So, no suspension aesthetics for me! - the underbody panels would even hide the beauty of it -
@ TLP_IS350: "schlag ein" means: do it; participate
(We actually don´t speak German here. As neighbor country it´s only foreign language.) I prefer the more "individual" presence of a Lexus to any better motorized/handling Euro brand. Not that many Lex´s here, and only a handful of modded ones. Btw, if I were to buy a powerful sports car, it´d most likely be a Corvette. Guess why, !
Old 01-25-08, 03:03 AM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

I figure I should chime in.

I own a 2002 is300, I make the bars

I am lowered and can tell the geo of the car being lowered messes with the stock items. I have seen a few different models from other companies and I can say this.

People who have tracked the car has bent their stock bars. 14 gauge steel but is not boxed in or solid.

People with high horsepower applications have made their own out of solid steel but not very thick, they have bent theirs also.

Now on an is350 and 250 there are no pannels to cover the bars, their finish will last and like stock we added a slotted hole design. Why, well it seems after looking at the test models, the bars do move with the car.

Ok so Tom's makes more items, but they do make these. The diff is they weld the ends of theirs, the welds would take the impact more than the bar would. Our bar is solid and takes the stress even through out the whole item.

Im in no way pushing our item, just giving some facts. With over 110 sold now I think they are working great, we get emails and calls all the time on how they like it. I can tell you this, it gets rid of rear end flex. Im slammed and my exhaust drags when I leave my driveway, after the install I barely hit, less chassis flex!

D
Old 01-25-08, 01:17 PM
MPstyle
Driver

I have this installed and I concur to a degree. Factor how you drive.
Old 01-25-08, 11:53 PM
Letz250
Pole Position

To prevent misunderstanding, I´m not denying the functionality of the part.
It´s only about that I´m not sure I really need it. I´d describe my driving style as sporty, sometimes maybe aggressive, depending on the situation. As I said, it´s 99.99% road use (thou some pretty rough ones regularly). That´s why I thought of this item. It´s only 2 pieces adding some stability, not a whole 6 or more piece kit adding weight too. The car should be as light as possible. I have no previous experience with braces, struts, etc... and don´t know how much they influence chassis flex. I´d be happy thou if some stability was added and also squeaks or rattles could be reduced with these or other parts.
And yes, the Euro model has underbody panels! I had to remove 2 parts before I could spot the exact location. - That fact reveals as helpful because the TÜV people wouldn´t see the mods and I wouldn´t have to throw away 100€ only to register the parts in the car´s papers -

Last edited by Letz250; 01-25-08 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-26-08, 03:20 AM
Kreuzer
Pole Position

Letz

Our research was limited to the USA. See sites limit us on posting about the product to protect the site sponsors. I fully understand us, but a small start up company like us will then be limited to be able to research euro spec or over seas models.

We hope to improve over time and assist in making your daily drivers more fun to drive and own.

D
Old 01-26-08, 07:04 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Driving style wouldn't be the only factory either. Unless you are driving on a really grippy track with R compound tires, there would not be any significant chassis flex on a 2IS.
Old 01-26-08, 11:08 AM
suka4thong
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i can vouch for Kreuzer.
i have TunedParts Billet rear Member Braces on my car and i definately feel the difference. it's great product.