Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

D2 racing coilovers from Hop Up Racing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-08, 05:03 PM
xx69xx
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D2 racing coilovers from Hop Up Racing...

Well does anybody have experience with Hopupracing.com and how are the D2 coilovers? Here's a link:

http://hopupracing.com/d2rasprscosy35.html
Old 02-02-08, 11:53 PM
Ali y0
Pole Position

they are a POS.

stay away!
Old 02-03-08, 12:59 AM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have also heard bad reviews of those. If you want a really good coilover try these http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguid...ta%20|%20Supra. The bottom ones on the page are what you will want. My uncle deals with this company a lot and they have a great reputation with German car owners and designers.
Old 02-03-08, 01:42 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by andrewwake
I have also heard bad reviews of those. If you want a really good coilover try these http://hrsprings.com/scripts/appguid...ta%20|%20Supra. The bottom ones on the page are what you will want. My uncle deals with this company a lot and they have a great reputation with German car owners and designers.
I am running H & R springs and I love them, didn't know they had coilovers.. tell your uncle to tell them to lower the pice and I might bite. For that price I thought they may come with the hats to correct camber..
Old 02-03-08, 11:43 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
I am running H & R springs and I love them, didn't know they had coilovers.. tell your uncle to tell them to lower the pice and I might bite. For that price I thought they may come with the hats to correct camber..
our cars dont have camber plates at the top. if you have ever looked at the suspension of our cars you would notice that we have a double wishbone suspension. meaning that the camber/caster corrections are made with adjustments to the lower control arms. if yo have a 240 or a subaru they have mcpherson struts up front that have a camber correction at the joint of the spindle and the strut. in that case you can use camber adjustable top hats. if you can find a set of coilovers for our cars that comes with adjustible camber plates at the top i will buy you that set.
Old 02-03-08, 03:23 PM
xx69xx
Lead Lap

What about the K-sport? I suck at desicions -_-
Old 02-03-08, 03:46 PM
Ali y0
Pole Position

go with tein ss.
Old 02-03-08, 07:39 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Default oh really....

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
our cars dont have camber plates at the top. if you have ever looked at the suspension of our cars you would notice that we have a double wishbone suspension. meaning that the camber/caster corrections are made with adjustments to the lower control arms. if yo have a 240 or a subaru they have mcpherson struts up front that have a camber correction at the joint of the spindle and the strut. in that case you can use camber adjustable top hats. if you can find a set of coilovers for our cars that comes with adjustible camber plates at the top i will buy you that set.
oh really....

http://www.raceinspired.com/ps-8769-...iliateid=10053

http://www.otomoto.com.au/HDSystems/

http://www.int-auto.com/suspension/c...eganracing.htm

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/HKS/hks_coilover.html

or you can just give me some Tein basics... PM me for my address
Old 02-03-08, 08:05 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 131 Likes on 109 Posts

those pics are example for other cars not the sc or supra.
Old 02-03-08, 08:19 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
those pics are example for other cars not the sc or supra.
we all know it is a standard picture... what are you saying? Just read....
Old 02-03-08, 08:23 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what he's basically saying is that there is no need for camber plates on our cars hence no reason for them to exist.... plus the description is really just a basic description as well, just like the picture.
Old 02-03-08, 08:36 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

bigmalik00 if you know that is a standard picture then what are you talking about? read about what? you will not find a set of coilover that are made for a supra that have camber adjustable upper mounts. if you do then its a waste and an idiotic design because it does nothing.

i looked at all the links you provided. none of them mention anything about camber adjustable upper mounts.

tein basics a piece of chit. if you want something nice for the money get Stance.

how about we switch that whole bet thing around. if u CANT find a set of supra coilovers that have camber adjustible upper mounts you buy me a set of stance. right now the price is about 1000 bucks. so start saving up
Old 02-03-08, 08:52 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

thanks guys... I have pm'ed you two for more information...
Old 02-03-08, 08:53 PM
xx69xx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
bigmalik00 if you know that is a standard picture then what are you talking about? read about what? you will not find a set of coilover that are made for a supra that have camber adjustable upper mounts. if you do then its a waste and an idiotic design because it does nothing.

i looked at all the links you provided. none of them mention anything about camber adjustable upper mounts.

tein basics a piece of chit. if you want something nice for the money get Stance.

how about we switch that whole bet thing around. if u CANT find a set of supra coilovers that have camber adjustible upper mounts you buy me a set of stance. right now the price is about 1000 bucks. so start saving up
Where can you get them for 1000?
Old 02-03-08, 09:11 PM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xx69xx
Well does anybody have experience with Hopupracing.com and how are the D2 coilovers? Here's a link:

http://hopupracing.com/d2rasprscosy35.html
I used Hopup Racing twice. They're ok. As far as the D2s, my experience hasn't been too good. My wife had them on her Altima and there was a popping noise(like popcorn) we could not get rid of. If you're looking for coilovers go with a proven brand, such Tein, HKS, JIC or any other big name. You won't regret it.

Originally Posted by xx69xx
What about the K-sport? I suck at desicions -_-
Don't do it. I heard they tend to leak. I know one of the ES owners on the site has replace 2 of them already. I' pretty sure he's had them on less than 6 months.

Quick Reply: D2 racing coilovers from Hop Up Racing...