Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anybody gotten the Hotchkis sway bars......

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-08, 11:15 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Either your mechanic does not know what he is doing or you got the wrong part.
Old 02-16-08, 12:28 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the Hotchkis sway bars, the one not fitting is the smaller straight one

and here is the rear OEM sway bar
as you can see the OEM one is not straight and therefore it goes around the spare tire compartment while the Hotchkis looks like it might rub... anyways i told the guys at the workshop to go ahead and give it a try, i'll update you guys tomorrow

Last edited by kattanh3; 02-20-08 at 04:15 AM.
Old 02-16-08, 01:13 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe since your car is not USDM it's a little different???
Old 02-16-08, 01:24 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

I doubt it, if it doesn't work then he was sent the wrong part and he will just have to get a replacement send out on Monday, if it doesn't work, but I think it will.
Old 02-16-08, 09:13 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ba-b4
maybe since your car is not USDM it's a little different???
i agree with sincityIS, i really doubt that. i double checked the parts and they are correct so they should fit... the mechanic called me and said that he'll have to set it to the hard setting to get enough clearance... not my favorite choice but wth...

one question though, i am not familiar with the stabilizing mechanism of sway bars, will they be moving in any way? should i worry about rubbing?
Old 02-16-08, 09:16 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Yes the move. I would call Hotchkis on Monday to see if they may have sent you a set that was mislabeled. Hotchkis makes a very high quality product, what you are explaining is not normal at all.
Old 02-16-08, 10:43 PM
APBT4Me
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The question of ride quality and performance was never really addressed...how is the ride effected?
Old 02-16-08, 10:49 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

how is it affected in what way?
Old 02-17-08, 08:24 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

bump for some info on the sway barss
Old 02-17-08, 09:46 AM
APBT4Me
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sincityIS
how is it affected in what way?
i assume this is a response to my queston. so i will begin by saying i really wish people would think more before they post...it seems to me that all too often people post just to post and do it without having anything to say whatsoever, hence the quote above.

That said, sincity, please dont take offense it just seems that your post was a pointless post. first off the sway bars ont affect anything as i dont believe there is an emotional change that occurs but they will effect the handling and the ride. seeing as i asked about the ride i think it is pretty clear "what way" i am talking about. so anyone with any experience with this mod please respond regarding your impressions of how the sway bars effected the ride (not handling) of your IS. Thanks
Old 02-19-08, 09:15 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jsquared
haha i just wanna get everything done at the same time. wheels put on, sway bars, backup camera hack, and pedal dance bypass. they're all getting done by the same shop so it's more convenient that way.

but they'll all be done this week for sure...
Whats the pedal dance bypass????????
Old 02-19-08, 09:39 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

sounds like a way to bypass the traction control, never heard of it, but a good mod for sure if it is possible. You must do a write if it is successful.
Old 02-19-08, 09:45 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sincityIS
sounds like a way to bypass the traction control, never heard of it, but a good mod for sure if it is possible. You must do a write if it is successful.
Exactly...I thought maybe it was something I missed....but have searched and didnt really find anything....
Old 02-20-08, 03:21 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Originally Posted by DaWhole9
Exactly...I thought maybe it was something I missed....but have searched and didnt really find anything....
It's how you turn off all trac control on the 06's. The how to is in the 2IS FAQ section.

I've never tried it, so I personally don't know if it works. But, others have.
Old 02-20-08, 10:53 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,459 Posts

Originally Posted by APBT4Me
i assume this is a response to my queston. so i will begin by saying i really wish people would think more before they post...it seems to me that all too often people post just to post and do it without having anything to say whatsoever, hence the quote above.

That said, sincity, please dont take offense it just seems that your post was a pointless post. first off the sway bars ont affect anything as i dont believe there is an emotional change that occurs but they will effect the handling and the ride. seeing as i asked about the ride i think it is pretty clear "what way" i am talking about. so anyone with any experience with this mod please respond regarding your impressions of how the sway bars effected the ride (not handling) of your IS. Thanks
Your English lesson is both wrong and unnecessary. AFFECT is not exclusively for emotional change, and EFFECT is incorrect in the context you used. Your admonishment to "search first" was also unnecessary.

I'm seeing a lot more argumentative garbage than I am constructive criticism. Please THINK before you post. If there is no value add to what you are saying - if the point is to attack something someone said - move on to the next thread and stop destroying our sense of community.

Quick Reply: Anybody gotten the Hotchkis sway bars......