Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Bad Tanabe Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-08, 08:50 PM
Link350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Giggity
Super bad.... and a little dangerous. Does the car now push like slicks on ice?
If all your looking for is an "even gap" then pop for some cheap coilovers and monkey with it til your happy with the "gap", you'll never get a perfectly "even gap" out of just springs.
I love your screen name
I agree Super bad.
I disagree, I have even gap out of just springs and there less $ than cheap coils .
Attached Thumbnails Bad Tanabe Springs?-imga0215.jpg  
Old 02-24-08, 08:30 AM
Giggity
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Link350
I love your screen name
Thanks- Quagmire rules!

Originally Posted by Link350
I disagree, I have even gap out of just springs and there less $ than cheap coils .
Yea, I've installed lowering springs on a whole lotta cars and never seen what the OP was describing. The coilover comment was geared toward the style over function mindset that seems to be the norm with the Lexus crowd.
There's a few posts on here from people complaining about and "uneven drop" from springs and moving to coilovers.

By the way, Link, love the wheels- not usually a fan of 20's on the the 2Is, but those look hot!
Old 02-24-08, 10:57 PM
Link350
Driver School Candidate

By the way, Link, love the wheels- not usually a fan of 20's on the the 2Is, but those look hot![/QUOTE]

THANKS
Old 02-24-08, 11:02 PM
solspeed
Driver

Here's the picture with my phone ..kindna far and blurr . I need to find the usb wire for my digital cam..lost somewhere. hmmp
Old 02-25-08, 12:38 PM
Giggity
Pole Position

Solspeed- did you check the springs to be sure that have the same part# on all four? Cross check it with the part# on the box they came in, or with the Tanabe website. I know there is a Tanabe rep who posts here all the time, you may want to check with him.
In the mean time, not a good idea to have a stock spring on only 1 corner of the car, don't drive like a maniac.
I can't claim to be the author of this analogy, but, think about the four corners of your car as legs of a table. If one leg of the table is longer than the rest, what happens to the table, it's not stable. So drive with caution.
Old 02-25-08, 04:40 PM
solspeed
Driver

Originally Posted by Giggity
Solspeed- did you check the springs to be sure that have the same part# on all four? Cross check it with the part# on the box they came in, or with the Tanabe website. I know there is a Tanabe rep who posts here all the time, you may want to check with him.
In the mean time, not a good idea to have a stock spring on only 1 corner of the car, don't drive like a maniac.
I can't claim to be the author of this analogy, but, think about the four corners of your car as legs of a table. If one leg of the table is longer than the rest, what happens to the table, it's not stable. So drive with caution.
LoL no way, i have 2 stock springs putting back for the rear. That would be crazy, the whole point of me taking the rear tanabe spring out was because one of them were uneven. Hmmp..Unless somebody up here have an pair of aftermarket spring laying aroud then i could really work some magic