Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-tuned ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 09:31 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4ntvings
pay to play
springs $200 + shocks $300 = $500+/-. if you can install yourself, you're saving a bunch of change GL!

OR, check the classifieds for a used setup
I STRONGLY agree this statement. If you're going as far as taking apart the suspension to replace the springs, replace the shocks as well. The level of satisfaction and pride will be significantly higher.
Old 03-20-08, 10:30 AM
testing
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response!
Old 03-29-08, 02:37 PM
mamono
Driver

Alignment issues shouldn't come into play until after 2"~2.5" drop or further... The recommendations for Eibach Pro-Kit or Tanabe NF210 are good recomendations. Keep in mind that Eibach Pro-Kits are progressive springs that increase in stiffness the further they are compressed where as the Tanabe NF210's are single rate through the entire compression. Since the suspension will be pulled out, might as well change the shocks anyways. Best of luck dude.
Old 03-29-08, 02:40 PM
testing
Driver

Originally Posted by mamono
Alignment issues shouldn't come into play until after 2"~2.5" drop or further... The recommendations for Eibach Pro-Kit or Tanabe NF210 are good recomendations. Keep in mind that Eibach Pro-Kits are progressive springs that increase in stiffness the further they are compressed where as the Tanabe NF210's are single rate through the entire compression. Since the suspension will be pulled out, might as well change the shocks anyways. Best of luck dude.
In other word, does Eiback pro-kits better then NF210, since Eiback is progressive springs????
Old 03-30-08, 10:43 AM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by testing
In other word, does Eiback pro-kits better then NF210, since Eiback is progressive springs????
You actually want a progressive spring. I don't understand it completely, nor do I really need to, but I was instructed that:

"a spring with an increasing spring constant. For example, if the first inch of spring motion requires 100 pounds of force, the second inch would require more than an additional 100 pounds, and the third inch would require still more. Progressive-rate springs become stiffer as they are compressed, unlike single-rate springs, which have a fixed spring rate."

So, with that said, you want to do comparisons between the spring tension (stock vs. more performance, etc.) and ride hight. The Eibach Pro-Kit is a race set up or at least something you would put on a performance car opposed to what you want to do. Per my original post, put some NF210, Eibach's, or potentially some L-Tuned on your ride with some new Bilstein Sport shocks and keep riding down the road......with a big smile on your face!!