Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Finally Installed coilovers and wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 10:51 AM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sadiqtt
wow looks awesome!!! i live in overland park so i'm curious as to which shop did you take you lexus for installing the coilovers. i'm going to get some coilovers for my gs400 this summer so let me know what shop and if you were happy with the service. thanks.
I took the car to NTB over in Martin City. It's located right at about 135th and State Line Road. The service tech's name was Ryan Gash. He was great and treated the car as if it were his own. The price was reasonable. They charged me $430 to do the coilovers, put on the wheels, and align the car. If you need any further information, please PM me and I can provide their contact information.
Old 03-24-08, 10:58 AM
URDONE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome setup. Car is looking damn good.
Old 03-24-08, 11:09 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Looks real good. Color combo is money... What are the offsets on the wheels??
Old 03-24-08, 12:09 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow looks hott !! Any scraping yet?
Old 03-24-08, 12:30 PM
Chin
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1. Exhaust
2. TTE Lip
3. Roof Spoiler
4. L-tuned Sides

I would raise the rear slightly, keep the front where it is. You don't even have anyone in the car yet and the rear is dumped Imagine when you get some passengers in there! Just my .02 From one saddle member to another, your car looks great overall. My car is stock right now, but thank you for the motivation

Originally Posted by SADDLE
The front can go down another 1 - 1.5" I'd be rubbing horribly at that point though. As far as the ride quality, it is good. I have it set fairly stiff. I'll probably soften it up when I raise up the rear. I believe they are 30 way adjustable on the dampening. I have it about 5 clicks off of fully stiff.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The more and more I look at the car now, I realize how badly I need to smoke the front sidemarkers and clear the headlight turn signals. I'm also thinking a UGO roof spoiler would flow nicely with the sport design rear lip spoiler.

If anyone has any opinions on a few subtle mods that would set the car off even more, please feel free to share them.
Old 03-24-08, 12:33 PM
ISmy350JDM
Pole Position

nice drop on the GS!
Old 03-24-08, 12:48 PM
JDMis4me
Driver School Candidate

Like the color of your GS mang! what color is that? Looks good. Solid choice I rims
Old 03-24-08, 01:26 PM
SADDLE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by FlavesLex
Looks real good. Color combo is money... What are the offsets on the wheels??
I just e-mailed Derrick @ D2 for the offsets. I'll let you know what I find out.

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
Wow looks hott !! Any scraping yet?
Yes, I've been scraping the plastic splitter on the front when I go over dips on the highway and around town. It makes me cringe when I hear it but, I know it's only plastic down there, so no worries!

Originally Posted by Chin
1. Exhaust
2. TTE Lip
3. Roof Spoiler
4. L-tuned Sides

I would raise the rear slightly, keep the front where it is. You don't even have anyone in the car yet and the rear is dumped Imagine when you get some passengers in there! Just my .02 From one saddle member to another, your car looks great overall. My car is stock right now, but thank you for the motivation
I really want to do the TTE Lip but, with what I said above, I'm a little worried about scraping the hell out of it. Maybe I'll just have to raise the front a hair.

Originally Posted by JDMis4me
Like the color of your GS mang! what color is that? Looks good. Solid choice I rims
The exterior color is Graphite Grey Pearl and the interior is called Saddle. Thanks for the props!
Old 03-24-08, 07:42 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SADDLE
This weekend has been a very productive one for me. I received my wheels from Derrick @ D2 on friday. They look even better in real life. The specs on the wheels are: DONZ Bugsy 20 x 9 and 20 x 10. The tires are Falken FK452 245/30 and 275/30. The rears have a nice stretch to them and look great. I also had my coilovers installed. They are K-Sports purchased from MVPmotorsports. I am very very happy with these coilovers. I couldn't find any reviews on the site about them, so I was a little suspicious as to their quality. I've read about them on other enthusiast sites and heard nothing but good reviews, so I went ahead and purchased them. I think the car is looking great but, I'm a little biased! I'll let the pictures do the talking for me....

Hey Drew, 4 pages in just over a day huh?? I guess your "feelin' the love" huh?

The car looks really nice. Its usually soooo hard to get people to challenge the old norms, and I've been trying to get people to understand that 245/35 is NOT the way to go if your slamming the car, thanks for helping me emphasize that point!!

We truly appreciate your business, and I'll ensure your pics are loaded by the webmaster to the Lexus gallery, ASAP!

Thanks again and enjoy the wheels!!
Old 03-25-08, 04:37 AM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mEx_lEx
No don't lower the rear, instead lower the front The car looks great

I agree! The car looks so clean; perfect!
Old 03-27-08, 05:58 AM
COOLIEBUOY
Driver School Candidate

So Drew and/or Derrick what are the offsets for these wheels?

This wheel setup and drop with the coilovers is NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-08, 11:41 AM
VAgs430
Driver

luvin the setup... well done
Old 03-27-08, 12:49 PM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Talking

Car looks great, where did you get that rear trunk lip spoiler? Oh and let me add dont dump it anymore unless the people telling you to dump it are buying your tires.
Old 03-27-08, 05:14 PM
slowpokeGS
Rookie

im not sure if its the case with the D2 setup, but you might want to consider raising the rear just a tad. i know you bought the suspension new so they might settle in a few days, so the car is going to sit a bit lower...
Old 03-27-08, 05:20 PM
importart
Pole Position

thats slammed. wheels look great.

Quick Reply: Finally Installed coilovers and wheels