Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Clicking sound when braking?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-08, 08:37 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Clicking sound when braking?

When i brake it seems like theres a double click. It only clicks when I'm going about 10mph+ and going downhill. Anyone else have that problem? Any solutions?
Old 03-24-08, 08:44 PM
triple_c
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

*shrug* I've had a click sound from the rear on initial acceleration since the day I bought the car. Not sure whats causing it, but when I'm backing into my parking spot in my driveway and I have the wheel turned almost to lock, there is a click sound from the rear on slight acceleration.

Oh and I also get the sound when I first hit the brakes at any speed.
Old 03-25-08, 12:13 PM
SoyMilk
Driver School Candidate

I had the same problem, I made a post about it earlier. I took the car back to the dealer took them 3 days to fix it. 1st day they said there was nothing wrong, I went back and test drove the car with a tech. Took the brakes a lil bit to warm up and start the clicking sound at low speeds. After two more days of investigation they found out that it was something with the brake kits spacing, and some other parts need re-greasing. The clicking has stopped so I guess they fixed it for me. I'm at work now so I'm not sure of the exact technical details of what was fixed. Ill post the details later when I go back and find the paperwork. I have 13k miles and I did the TSIB brake pad change around 6k miles.

07 RWD IS250
Old 03-25-08, 01:35 PM
since5oh
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default fixed

i've had the clicking noise since the car was new. it did it only when i pull out of the garage and rolled forward for the first time. but at around the 16k mark, it started clicking more often. it even click when i'm at highway speeds and had to hit the brakes suddenly. i was concerned so i brought it in for service. tustin lexus didn't do jack to the car...just said it was normal and wanted to charge my $30 for brake inspection. i was concern so i said go ahead. took them 3 days and they didn't do anything to my car...not even the brake inspection i was willing to pay for. looks like i'm not going there anytime soon.

so i took it to lexus mission viejo and they said the noise was normal and that it was from the front brakes (i thought it was the rear). i asked them to perform the TSB for the lower dust pads and now the brakes are perfect...well, they did scratch up my g-games, but the clicking noise is gone.
Old 03-30-08, 10:09 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Now i have noticed the clicking of clanking more. Every time I brake it will clicl/clank. Until i release the brake all the way it will not click again. Clicking/clanking only happens when the brake is depressed the first time. Anytime after that it will not click unless the brake is released all the way. Can Any one chime in?
Old 04-01-08, 12:53 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Anyone know?
Old 04-01-08, 05:17 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

i got the same exact sound. only when you press or depress it, and i only hear it when i'm in the garage parking or going too slow, i don't hear it when i brake for the traffic light for example.
Old 04-01-08, 10:51 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

I hear it every time i press on the brake. HELP!
Old 04-14-08, 01:40 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

DONT WORRY ABOUT it...

Its normal--no seriously its normal.

The brake pads are free floating, so they travel back and fourth.

Try backing up, and press on the brake. Now pull forward and brake.

You should hear it click. NORMAL

Also, have them check the Anti-rattle shims, they might be loose.
Old 04-15-08, 01:32 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Finally! t0e you are correct. REverse brake CLICK drive brake CLICK. It's normal? Its annoying...I'll check up on it when i install my volks =D
Old 04-16-08, 07:15 PM
Ta250
Driver

Originally Posted by SoyMilk
I had the same problem, I made a post about it earlier. I took the car back to the dealer took them 3 days to fix it. 1st day they said there was nothing wrong, I went back and test drove the car with a tech. Took the brakes a lil bit to warm up and start the clicking sound at low speeds. After two more days of investigation they found out that it was something with the brake kits spacing, and some other parts need re-greasing. The clicking has stopped so I guess they fixed it for me. I'm at work now so I'm not sure of the exact technical details of what was fixed. Ill post the details later when I go back and find the paperwork. I have 13k miles and I did the TSIB brake pad change around 6k miles.

07 RWD IS250
I have a 08 rwd 250 with 5,000 miles on it. I notice the clicking just like everyone else did and took the car in for the oil change and told them about the clicking. The service rep said it was clicking due to the shims not having enough grease on them. She then offered me some anti squeal pads or some brake pads that produce less brake dust. I chose the ones with less brake dust cause she recommended them since she has them on her IS 350. So far no squeal or clicking but its been less than a day. I'll report back if I get any clicking.
Old 05-22-09, 12:17 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Originally Posted by t0e
DONT WORRY ABOUT it...

Its normal--no seriously its normal.

The brake pads are free floating, so they travel back and fourth.

Try backing up, and press on the brake. Now pull forward and brake.

You should hear it click. NORMAL

Also, have them check the Anti-rattle shims, they might be loose.
I am experiencing what you referred to as normal, which makes me feel good.

Got a question regarding the anti-rattle shims, if it may be loose, aside from the sounds/rattle, is it still safe? Just wondering before I inspect my brakes. thanks
Old 05-22-09, 01:28 AM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

t0e, now that you have mastered braking, you need to try mastering the gas pedal!
Old 05-22-09, 08:29 AM
Jenomic
Driver

i have the same noise.. its just really annoying....
Old 11-04-09, 01:25 PM
i3urton
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never had this issue until now 30k miles.. but i guess you guys all claim its normal.

Quick Reply: Clicking sound when braking?