Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Uneven Drop with Tein S springs need help

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-08, 04:37 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Uneven Drop with Tein S springs need help

Hello Need some expert advice/help please!

I am lowered on the TeinS springs. Love how it drives and handles. Great springs! I have an offset of +38 19x10 in the rear with a 275/35 tire. I get rub over big dips and bumps ONLY on the drive side...our car sits lower on the driver side on US spec models. With this being said what can i do to even the drop out? With out going to the next step of coilovers unless necessary what other ideas or creative things can i try. my rear fenders are rolled so that isn't an option. I went back today to have them push it farther. Springs are on the car for a whole month so i am trying to not get rid of them.

Thank you
Mike
Old 04-03-08, 05:12 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my tein s seems to be fine...and actually "looks" even...even tho if i measure precisely its not...and i got 20" and didnt rub at all on bumps or dips...only when turning to the right....still until now wonder why right or why not both? hahaha
Old 04-03-08, 06:57 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by radicalrev
my tein s seems to be fine...and actually "looks" even...even tho if i measure precisely its not...and i got 20" and didnt rub at all on bumps or dips...only when turning to the right....still until now wonder why right or why not both? hahaha
you stretched your tires right? if i did this with the rear tires i would have no rub issues but i personally dont like the VIP look as many refer to it. Just not my taste thats all. I like how it looks but i dont want any troubles or to damage the tire and be out the cash. If it was just a tad higher like the passenger side it would be just fine. I just may have to get the coilovers. I just hate to pay more money after i just had the springs put on and I am happy with them and the look. Just this one minor issue...UGH
Old 04-03-08, 07:02 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

get 265, their bigger than stock 255 and should get rid of the rub... or... you could just roll the fender a bit. heat gun n baseball bat n someone to drive forward and back... better to have a smaller tire/rolled fender than a blow out somewhere on the road someday.
Old 04-03-08, 07:04 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

fenders are rolled already. have 275/35-19 for the tires on a 19x10 +38 rim. it should be fine and is on the passenger side. I dont understand why our car doesnt sit level like every other car.
Old 04-03-08, 07:24 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

thats the thing why put 35 on the rear? almost every1 here uses 30 series at the rear..and you wont be even stretching and it still be safe even tho 35 is safer...most people here put 35 at the front and 30 at the back..
Old 04-04-08, 01:04 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those wheels were designed to be used with a 275/30/19 tire if lowered. You are running pretty darn aggressive meats back there to not expect rubbing. You should probably go down to a 30 series then the rear would probably match the fronts fender gap as well.
Old 04-04-08, 02:29 AM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

yeah...275/35/19 is very very meaty...
Old 04-04-08, 05:29 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

275/35-19 is closest to OEM spec. This is what i wanted also. We test fit the tire on the passenger side at Discount. figured fender roll we are all good. Who would have thought that our car doesnt sit right? all because of this now i am stuck with this issue. Too late to take the tires back and i am not throwing away 700$ in 2 rear tires. I cant believe that a whole finger lower on the Driver side is this much of an issue also. It almost seems as if the rims dont sit out the same. If i am clearing with the fender rolled less on the passenger side and no fender left on the driver side something just doesnt seem right.

So any more ideas welcome. I know what others are running with out the fenders rolled...its a whole 1" or less of a difference to have the 275/30. We don't have the greatest of all roads in IL and its not going over a bump. Its going over dips, driveways, ect...but i hit these dam dips on the expressway going quick and thats where my fear is. going up the drive way i crawl so i just hear it and doesn't worry me so much. So i think even if i had the 275/30 on the rear i would still rub but too late to tell at this point. I should have done 265/35 as it needs a 35 series tire on the rear. i just didn't want that stretched look and i like the fact the rims are protected with some meat.
Old 04-04-08, 07:53 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Our cars lean, that's a fact. If we lower our car on springs, we all face the same leaning, with all the rubbing issues that can happen. That is why I'm going to get coilovers. I want an even drop, not a 0.5" lower on the drivers side drop. You may have to bite the bullet, and get your drop level with coilovers. Besides, you can adjust the height until it's just right, and all your rubbing issues completely disappear.
Old 04-04-08, 11:02 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Yea i am going to have to get coilovers. Found the issue today and its rubbing where the rear bumper and fender meet. No way to alter that area so i am going to search for some coilovers. You cant see the small difference but its just enough to make it rub. They are great springs too so my loss will be someones gain...I think i am going to look at the Tein SS.
Old 04-17-08, 09:04 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres someone selling SS's look in the classifieds.
Old 07-03-08, 09:37 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just lowered my car with the TEIN lowering springs and I have the same issue. My driver side is lower than the passenger side.......
Old 07-03-08, 09:44 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by LEXMAN350
I just lowered my car with the TEIN lowering springs and I have the same issue. My driver side is lower than the passenger side.......
read my sig its not just you and its not the springs!!! welcome to LEXUS
Old 07-03-08, 10:49 PM
LEXMAN350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the driver side sits lower I just tried something out and it seemed to have improved the uneven drop. One of my buddies just came over and I asked him to assist me. He weighs about 285 pounds so I had him get on the passenger side, open the door and apply pressure and rock the car up and down on the door sill, and I also opened the back door and did the same thing so we were both applying pressure to the passenger side. We did this for about 5-10 min and believe it or not the passenger side is now about even with the driver side. I would still say the driver side is still a bit lower but not by much. Prior to doing this I was able to fit 3 fingers on the passenger side and now I can barely even fit 2 fingers and the driver side able to fit 1 and a half. Not saying this is a FIX that will work for all but its worth a shot.

Quick Reply: Uneven Drop with Tein S springs need help