Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Which Springs? (IS 250 AWD w/ 19x8.5-38mm offset, 235-35-R19)
Road Magnet 2" Drop Front and Rear
35.29%
Tein S-Tech 1.6" Front and 1.2" Rear
64.71%
Other
0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Tein S-Tech or Road Magnet for AWD? Poll

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-08, 01:38 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

welcome. I got mine about a month back and i heard there was a price increase on them so it may have changed. I have a 350 so i am not positive they are the same price but worth trying. I had another member send me there. I didn't buy based on the price it was knowing i was getting a quality product and service!! Those are way more important to me then a few dollars I cant wait to see them on your car and hear your opinion!
Old 04-06-08, 07:56 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, so the TeinS will be less aggressive of a drop, but it will be an even drop front back? I'm worried about that the most, and how's the ride quality? passnu2, can you pm me a link where you got yours from? thanks!
Old 04-06-08, 08:12 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexboi250
Hey guys, so the TeinS will be less aggressive of a drop, but it will be an even drop front back? I'm worried about that the most, and how's the ride quality? passnu2, can you pm me a link where you got yours from? thanks!
its the closest, front to back, even drop that i could find. Its not perfect but that is when coilovers come in to place. Ride is great i will PM you that link...
Old 04-06-08, 10:16 AM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

hey lexboi250... looks like we are in the same boat of trying to find springs for the 250 awd! man this is tuff, who would have thought selecting springs would be such an ordeal! what options have you looked at so far?
Old 04-06-08, 10:28 AM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

id really like to see some more pics of is 250 awd's with 19's and the road magnet springs... Bueller...? Bueller...? it would be nice to put something on the whip that was actually designed for it rather than a regular 250 or 350.
Old 04-06-08, 01:31 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VTis250awd
hey lexboi250... looks like we are in the same boat of trying to find springs for the 250 awd! man this is tuff, who would have thought selecting springs would be such an ordeal! what options have you looked at so far?
yeah i know, this is making it really hard for me. I've originally looked at the F-sport and road magnet. but i ruled out the F-sport because they said it's not for the awd. Road magnet's drop is a bit aggressive, but it's an even drop. I've never considered the TeinS, don't know many people have them except for passnu2.

Passnu2, thanks for the link. I know you have the 350, and you say that the drop it's pretty even and not as aggresive, but would the drop be different when you put those TeinS springs made for the 350 on a AWD 250? That's the main thing i'm concerned. I really wanted to get the springs that were made for the AWD. I hope any member with AWD and TeinS can give us some feedbacks. I'm planning to put the springs and rims on this coming weekend.
Old 04-06-08, 03:07 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

After been searching for long time, I have found that none of the springs claims even drop except Road Magnet.

A lot of people have gone, Tanabe DF and NF series, Tein H and S series, eibach pro.

Tanabe gives more back drop than front and most have tried IS 350 and GS specs springs.

Tein H gives less drop, where Tein S gives more aggresive drop but more in front than back.

Eibach pro supposely give a more even out drop but some found the ride to be too firm.

Road Magnet gives 2 inch drop with spring settled but not too many with RM springs therefore not a lot of comparisons or issues has been discussed.

After finding out F-sport springs does not support AWD, that was a big upset for me as well.
Old 04-06-08, 04:07 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

from another thread, people said the f-sport springs will fit the awd, it's just not specified. i'm confused.
Old 04-06-08, 05:04 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by hihi410

Tein H gives less drop, where Tein S gives more aggresive drop but more in front than back.
Not True! I have the Tein S, It is a 1.6 front drop and 1.2 in the rear but its a balanced drop. Just to clarify this. You don't have a lower front end if that is what you are saying. It has the most aggressive and balanced front to rear drop meaning that the rear isn't very low and the front sits high. My front does have a little more gap then my rear but its minimal. For springs its the best out there IMO.
Old 04-06-08, 05:18 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

^^^ how do you like the ride quality of the TeinS? is it bouncey?
Old 04-06-08, 05:20 PM
VTis250awd
Driver School Candidate

yeah the fronts sit naturally higher with the oem springs, especially the awd. yeah i need to get springs as well this week because like i mentioned initially my wheels come this week and i wont be able to wait and i dont want to have to take my car to the shop twice to get everything setup, once and done would be nice to mount, balance, install tpms, and lower the vehicle. man i'm excited!

Last edited by VTis250awd; 04-07-08 at 06:55 AM.
Old 04-06-08, 05:32 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ how do you like the ride quality of the TeinS? is it bouncey?
I am very happy with the ride! Its not bouncy at all and the roads in IL right now are terrible. Its a nice sport ride. The overall drop may be a bit aggressive for some. See if you can find someone in your area and get a ride. Hands down I am very happy with them. Next to another IS you can really see how much lower it is. I was out and ran into BRIAN231 and he took a few pics of his 250awd next to mine. Not a photo shoot but if he posts them you can get an idea to see the drop along with other pics i have recently posted.
Old 04-06-08, 06:26 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

^^^yeah, i'm definitly considering the TeinS. Would the drop look the same on a AWD do you think? it's definitly not as aggressive as the road magnet though.
Old 04-06-08, 07:49 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^^yeah, i'm definitly considering the TeinS. Would the drop look the same on a AWD do you think? it's definitly not as aggressive as the road magnet though.
2" is a very aggressive drop IMO if you don't plan to mod your fenders. Just my thoughts. Mine is less then that and I have my rear fenders rolled like no tomorrow. Guess it depends on the rims/offset/and tires you go with. I am pretty much at the max on the front, I just barley clear the fender liner. On my driver side rear I get slight rub over big dips. 2" in the rear, if its a true 2" drop is a lot for the rear...my 1.2 drop in the rear and i am basically riding on my tires in the rear.

As far as the look on the AWD I don't see why they wouldn't look the same? You are better to ask an AWD owner to be safe on that one.
Old 04-06-08, 07:54 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

i have 18x8's and the offset is 38 i think. do you think getting the 2 inch drop with RM will be a problem?

Quick Reply: Tein S-Tech or Road Magnet for AWD? Poll