Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS350 Owners with Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-08, 06:37 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

My friend commented that the ride was very smooth for a sports sedan. Also with me driving my dad was able to fall asleep and stay asleep in the car, im sure that means something
Old 04-19-08, 06:40 AM
Lucien911
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kurtz
The lux package has a power rear sunshade... I'm not sure anyone in history has ever used it, but it's the one "significant' thing you get for your extra $500 with the Lux package...
It's funny you mention the rear sunshade because I use mine all the time during the day, and at night when car's headlights are too bright and the auto-dim on the mirror isn't good enough. Or sometimes I just don't wanna see the face of the person in the car behind me so I put it up. nah, jk...

Before I picked up the IS, the one thing I missed about my old Audi A6 and VW Passat were the rear sunshades. And the sunshades weren't even power back when I had those cars. They had to clip into these hooks on the ceiling of the car, so having a power one now is awesome.

It's kind of like a rear window wiper on a sedan (like the Evo). They're hard to appreciate unless you've had one before and find a purpose for them.

for rear sunshades.
Old 04-20-08, 10:29 AM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caymandive
That is very interesting and new to me. Can you elaborate? Where are the billet spaces in the front suspension that you swapped out? My buddy and I did the spring install ourselves and that was a real pain in the ****. My biggest gripe with the stock sport suspension is the front wheel gap is larger than the rear.
James, if you take the wheel off you will find two bolts that affix the lower ball joint to the front steering knuckle. These balljoints have dowels built into them. The knuckles have holes to accept these dowels for a precision fit. The spacers I had made were 1/2" and they incorporated a dowel and a hole for the oem dowel in then. They installed in 5 minutes. All you needed to do was take off the wheel, unbolt these bolts, lift up the knuckle and place the spacers on the ball joint and reinstall the knuckle on the spacers. The bolts were long enough to be reused. I've been driving on them for about 3000 miles naw and no worries. They position the lower control arm properly and straight. The AFS system won't be affected. The front will increase camber in by about 0.25 deg and the front toe will be shifted outward so a 4 wheel alignment will be required to move it into spec. My machinist did a great job making them to my specs. If you need further details on it PM me.

-Joe
Old 04-20-08, 10:59 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by carchitect
James, if you take the wheel off you will find two bolts that affix the lower ball joint to the front steering knuckle. These balljoints have dowels built into them. The knuckles have holes to accept these dowels for a precision fit. The spacers I had made were 1/2" and they incorporated a dowel and a hole for the oem dowel in then. They installed in 5 minutes. All you needed to do was take off the wheel, unbolt these bolts, lift up the knuckle and place the spacers on the ball joint and reinstall the knuckle on the spacers. The bolts were long enough to be reused. I've been driving on them for about 3000 miles naw and no worries. They position the lower control arm properly and straight. The AFS system won't be affected. The front will increase camber in by about 0.25 deg and the front toe will be shifted outward so a 4 wheel alignment will be required to move it into spec. My machinist did a great job making them to my specs. If you need further details on it PM me.

-Joe
Nice job Joe and thanks for explaning.
Old 04-20-08, 11:58 AM
tracerit
Pole Position

how much is the drop with the Sport Package?

If I go with the Eibach Pro-Kit and Sport Package, would I still be able to use the original springs again, or possibly resell them?
Old 04-20-08, 06:00 PM
myculito
Lead Lap

The lux package has a power rear sunshade... I'm not sure anyone in history has ever used it, but it's the one "significant' thing you get for your extra $500 with the Lux package in exchange for not getting the sport suspension or pedals (with the wood/al trim difference being a wash depending on which you think looks better)
Dude, I use my rear sunshade all the time. I get to work around 7AM, and my parking lot faces the east. Having that sunshade up, in combination with my front heatshield, I get to a car that's lukewarm by 5PM.
Old 04-24-08, 12:19 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Back in '05 when I ordered the car, HID's were not available as a stand alone option so that's why I got the sport pkg. But now that I've had the car for 2 years, I'm glad I got the sport pkg because I came to love everything else that came with this pkg.

Ride comfort wise, I felt it was really comfy and I didn't get that floaty boat feel. I felt the sport springs were comfy yet firm. I now have Eibach's (can't stand wheel gap) and feel that it's too harsh. I've contemplated putting my sport springs back but thinking about that horrible wheel gap has prevented me from doing so.
Old 04-24-08, 12:29 AM
NYC ES3
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DaWhole9
This is whats in the Sports Package:
Sport Package includes:
- Perforated leather-trimmed interior
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Aluminum sport pedals
- Aluminum doorsill scuff plates
- Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
- Bi-xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- Sport-tuned suspension
- 18 x 8.0-inch alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front, 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes:
- Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim
- Perforated leather-trimmed interior
- Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column
- Lexus Memory System to control power driver's and front passenger's seats (except lumbar), outside mirrors and steering wheel
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Illuminated doorsill scuff plates
- Power rear-window sunshade
- Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle
- Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse
- Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
- Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS)
- 18 x 8.0-in alloy wheels with 225/40YR18 tires front, 18 x 8.5-in alloy wheels with 255/40YR18 tires rear

Only difference is the wood vs aluminum and the rear power shade. But with the Sport package you get aluminum pedals, and aluminum accents in addition to the suspension. Oh and its cheaper than the Lux package.
ONly driver seat has memory also...not passenger is another difference
Old 04-24-08, 01:43 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dont worry about the ride of the sport pkg, you'll be swapping out the springs for lowering springs/coils/airrunner anyways, TRUST ME
Old 04-24-08, 09:26 AM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC ES3
ONly driver seat has memory also...not passenger is another difference
Absolutely not true. Both sides have memory.
Old 04-24-08, 10:36 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was gonna say...I have an 06 and I'm 110% sure that my passenger side has memory also.
Old 04-25-08, 11:58 AM
Navigatn
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tracerit
how much is the drop with the Sport Package?

If I go with the Eibach Pro-Kit and Sport Package, would I still be able to use the original springs again, or possibly resell them?

I believe the sports package is about 10mm lower in the front only.
Old 04-25-08, 03:18 PM
carchitect
Lead Lap

Absolutely not true. Both sides have memory.
Ditto. Both seats have memory. Its a screw up in behalf of Lexus.

The only diff between Lux and Sport pack are the Lux has wood grain and rear shade whereas the Sport has sport suspension and pedals and 18" wheel upgrade instead.

-Joe
Old 04-25-08, 03:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,960 Likes on 2,399 Posts

Lux has 18" wheels too. Suspension, pedals, interior wood trim, sun shade. That's it. I got the lux because I like the wood, didn't care about the pedals, and figured if I didn't like the ride, I could always go aftermarket. Since I have my Supra on Tein HAs, I really don't need any reminders on what it feels like to ride in a stiff car. I've left the IS stock.
Old 04-25-08, 03:36 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

X-package shares the same sport tuned suspension as the Sports package correct? Sports package has a lot more luxury items though. I wish I had it but front lip and X wheels on my X pack is very nice.