Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Horrible rear tire wear!!!!!!! Pro Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-08, 01:28 PM
CrazyIS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say call Ebach and have them send you a new set of springs. Warranty.... Use it.
Old 04-24-08, 02:29 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the OP needs to take it back to the place where the alignment was done to make sure all is still with in spec and they didnt make any mistakes.

2nd thing I would check is the tires you are using? Maybe the tires you are using are not appropriate? List that info for someone to help way that option out.

what size rim and tire are you running? I really think its the tires you are running that is the issue.
Old 04-24-08, 06:00 PM
dw8787
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What does the place you keep going back to get the tires replaced say? Seems they would have some suggestion after looking at the way the tires are wearing. That is definitley something wrong, unless you are driving 15 k miles a month.
Old 04-24-08, 06:20 PM
sinister2c
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Drelicious
so what should i do?
first thing you need to do is get the alignment checked out. tires do not wear out in less than 5k miles unless something is really messed up with the suspension or alignment.
Old 04-24-08, 06:30 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,082 Likes on 2,474 Posts

IT'S NOT CAMBER!!!!!!

-1.5 is nothing and won't kill your tires. The guys who did you alignment don't know what they're doing. There is too much toe in - WAY too much.

My Supra runs -1.5 degrees on all four corners, and I've NEVER had wear issues when the toe was correct.
Old 04-24-08, 06:37 PM
Toptier
Pole Position

get your alignment checked. I have almost 6000 miles on my car with the 350 springs and my tires still look new.

What kind of tires do you have? That could be a problem if you have tires with a very low tread ware rating.
Old 04-24-08, 06:41 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
Senior Moderator

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I agree with everyone on here... I have the pro-kit on my 250, and i have about -1.5 degrees camber front and rear... and i havent shown any signs of wear yet. I did the alignment myself, so maybe thats why it got done right.

The answer you're looking for: Get your alignment checked!

Also, i wouldnt go back to the same place, they may just fix it, and say there was never a problem. Take it somewhere else, so you have evidence you can go back to that alignment shop with, and ask for reimbursement from the tires you bought.
Old 04-24-08, 07:51 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I just had mine done today. IS350 standard suspension and I was only off a little bit. I will scan the print out so you can have for comparision. I was actually in spec all around. We had to do very little adjustments on my car so my car must have been off from OEM? I have been dropped for close to 2 months and no wear issues and problems with my car. I think its 1.8 in the rear and 1.2 in the front for the negative camber?? its in the car and I will post it tomorrow for exact #'s and info. I have a pic of it also!!

I agree with RTIS250 to take to another shop for documentation and to resolve the issue this time. I can email you the print out also if that helps tomorrow. Just PM me your email.

Mike
Old 04-24-08, 08:02 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take everyone's advice and recheck the alignment. If you're going to have tire wear issues it should be the fronts and not the rears. I have mine (Eibach) with 17k miles and my rear tires are still ok with even tire wear but my fronts wore faster inside. I had the front tires changed and had all 4 wheel alignment done.
Old 04-24-08, 09:02 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would take it back to them and make them measure the specs. If the specs are way out (TOE) then I would make them reimburse me for the tires and take my car elsewhere to get aligned, they sound shady as hell.
Old 04-24-08, 09:33 PM
Drelicious
Driver

Thanks for all the advice guys! Im on the stock rims and the tire i am using is the Goodyear F1 All season. I just got my alignment done last week and they said that it wasn't that bad. I also asked them what the problem was and they told me "It looks like its spinning"? But even if they were spinning it wouldn't wear out that quickly. And i never drive my car hard. He says that just because i am 19 years old in a IS350!
Old 04-25-08, 01:20 AM
RX Renesis
Driver School Candidate

i suggest u take ur car else where to get alignment done... if ur tires are wearing out THAT fast and they say nothing is wrong with ur alignment, then they are either not doing a full alignment and skipping on some important parts, or they dont know how to do an alignment at all...

PS... IT"S NOT CAMBER THAT WEARS OUT TIRES... everyone on here claims it's ur camber but it's not... plus it's not adjustable anyways with just lowering springs... yes putting on lwering springs will change the car's camber slightly (slightly more negative since it shortens the whole suspension length), but it is NOT ENOUGH to wear out tires every 2k miles... IT"S TOE that wears out tires quickly... get ur TOE checked out and make sure the rears are set to 0degrees so the rear tracks straight! and i'm sure people's gonna question/flame my post saying camber wears out tires... yes it does, only slightly, it's TOE that wears out tires...
Old 04-25-08, 05:16 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Drelicious
Thanks for all the advice guys! Im on the stock rims and the tire i am using is the Goodyear F1 All season. I just got my alignment done last week and they said that it wasn't that bad. I also asked them what the problem was and they told me "It looks like its spinning"? But even if they were spinning it wouldn't wear out that quickly. And i never drive my car hard. He says that just because i am 19 years old in a IS350!
Can you post the ticket and just black our your personal INFO for us to review?? I will have mine for comparo in a PDF once I get to my office. My car was also off very minor from my drop. Almost really wouldn't have made any difference had I not done it but better to be safe then sorry.
Old 04-25-08, 09:04 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by APBT4Me
3. buy adjustable camber links...this will fix the problem and is the route i would take if i had the same experience.
Where can you get these adjustable camber links for our IS??
Old 04-25-08, 09:51 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
Where can you get these adjustable camber links for our IS??
I am pretty sure you can not for our cars. You are with in factory spec if you lower. I am on TeinS and I was!! My toe was off only a little bit from the drop. I waited close to 2 months before I went in.

Quick Reply: Horrible rear tire wear!!!!!!! Pro Kit