Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

**Official Alignment Info for ISx50**

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-08, 06:15 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

keep this alive boys & gals please keep posting your info!!!
Old 05-23-08, 06:40 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not quite sure what's the point of this is though. If there is only toe adjustable then isn't one post enough about what the ideal toe should be and that's it? I think the differences in camber change are due to people having their cars lowered at different heights with different suspension kits. Since it's not adjustable anyway there's nothing you can do about it so I don't really see the point.
Old 05-24-08, 03:46 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ba-b4
I'm not quite sure what's the point of this is though. If there is only toe adjustable then isn't one post enough about what the ideal toe should be and that's it? I think the differences in camber change are due to people having their cars lowered at different heights with different suspension kits. Since it's not adjustable anyway there's nothing you can do about it so I don't really see the point.
Just trying to be helpful as there are several posts on Camber and Alignment. Now if everyone searches this should come up! We have many types of springs and coilovers out there. We have 3 different models IS that I think deserve attn also.

I am sure if everyone keeps posting you will see in the future how beneficial this can be. Especially for the guy like me how does it himself!! I have a nice luxury to go visit the dealer after hours and I just TIP the guys for there time and help!

Mike
Old 05-24-08, 11:49 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

^ yes I understand that you want to be helpful but I don't see how everyone posting their settings really helps still. It's either you can get back into spec or you can't. I guess with this thread you can see with what each setup how far off spec you are???
Old 06-12-08, 08:33 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be curious to know if anyone has a noticeable difference in feel or handling after the custom alignment and why.....
Old 06-13-08, 07:16 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^ I did not have anything change what so ever!
Old 06-13-08, 08:23 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Passnu2,

It looks to me like your alignments specs were slightly better BEFORE the alignment since they increased toe on your front and rear. Toe-in causes increased tire wear, while also increasing understeer. I don't have my alignment specs in front of me, but I specifically requested 0 toe in front, and .08 rear so I could reduce tire wear while also improving handling.
Old 06-13-08, 08:27 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

If you are trying to accumulate a database of the changes in caster and camber based on different aftermarket springs, then you would also need to capture what the contents of the vehicle weighed at the time of the alignment (including fuel level).
Old 06-13-08, 08:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I would be curious to see yours...I am not expert but how it was explained to me was that the Toe-in was what you wanted (to an extent). Once you start to drive they move out and then give close to what you have as normal set up (being 0 Toe)? so with your 0 Toe when the car starts to accelerate you are Toe out then correct? It made perfect sense to me and this is the dealer that did it for me. They are a large group of dealers under one name (Lexus being one of them!)

I have no tire wear issues either....

Last edited by passnu2; 06-13-08 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-13-08, 08:32 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gernby
If you are trying to accumulate a database of the changes in caster and camber based on different aftermarket springs, then you would also need to capture what the contents of the vehicle weighed at the time of the alignment (including fuel level).
I stopped as I did not see the interest from others and we still get the random post asking for this info.

If anyone one wants to take it to the next level please do. I am not sure how much longer I will have my car so its best a more active person with the IS takes it further. I also thought it would be helpful info for the DIY people on here as that is pretty much how I do all my stuff and if I need to I go to the dealer after hours and use the stuff there. They are really nice to me there. Nice to be friends with the owners
Old 06-13-08, 11:36 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby
Why not just weigh the whole vehicle?
Old 06-14-08, 06:55 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
Why not just weigh the whole vehicle?
Not many people have that as an option.
Old 07-09-08, 05:12 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Default Does this seem off to anyone else?

Edit: Stock lux suspension, Work 18x8.5 (225/40) front and 18x9.5 (255/40) rear.

Seems like my caster is still off on the left, my toe was way off in front, and my right rear toe is well outside of the range. Any ideas/advice/suggestions/comments for an alignment newbie?

And for my troubles, this is what I got:

In case you can't tell from the crappy cell pic, they sliced my sidewall (about 1/8"-1/4" deep) and gave me about 1.5" of curb rash.

Last edited by FiveOhNine; 07-09-08 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-09-08, 05:26 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

what's your set-up?

and not only do they get your alignment within factory specs, they sliced the sidewall of your tire AND gave you curb rash?

IMO sounds like they really didn't do a good job.
Old 07-09-08, 05:31 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

edited original post with specs.

Quick Reply: **Official Alignment Info for ISx50**