Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Power Steering ECU

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-08, 09:08 PM
osucool
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering ECU

Where the heck is it?

Factory service manual and Mitchel both imply that it is under the steering column. After much time in the upside down I can say it does not seem to be there.

I read a similar forum that mentions it behind the glove box. Anyone with firsthand knowledge? Parts that need to be removed to get there?

Thanks in advance, Let me know.. my (good) Solenoid valve is now soaking in cleaner.
Old 04-26-08, 10:12 PM
blackops
Rookie

idk where the ECU is, but whats your goal?

Is the powersteering only in highway mode?
Old 04-27-08, 01:10 PM
osucool
Driver School Candidate

The steering of my 92 SC400 is heavy , bearable and relatively normal at low speeds but higher speed corners are two handers.

Sometimes this is accompanied by a pulsing jerk motion as the car moves through higher speed turns.

I cleaned the Solenoid valve previously and got some relief on the pulsing jerk motions but the heaviness remains. About a month ago I replaced the PS pump and expected the heaviness to be gone... not so.

I pulled the soleniod again, its clean... the steering ECU and the Speed sensor are two things that I am looking to test.
(Good air in tires, no leaks in ps fluid system, ps air valve is assumed good as I have no losses in fluid, suspension and wheels seem tight at the joints)

??