Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

want to drop

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-08 | 08:47 AM
aquanuke
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
how much weight you think??? like an extra hundred, or we talking like 300??? I was also told by the same shop that you shouldn't put air ride on your daily driver and that it is not comfortable... is this false as well??
Lots of cars come standard from the factory with air suspension ie Range Rovers so would be nonsense that air on a daily driver was not ok. After all a Range Rover is a sofa on wheels.
Old 05-09-08 | 11:03 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

thanks 4ntvings for the info, i will search harder when i am more serious about dropping more cash on the car. i just broke 95K so am a little hesitant to drop more money on it but it still runs and looks great so i guess that shouldn't matter, right??

in a perfect world it would be cool to be able to drop the car by the flick of a switch, and at the same time make the suspension really stiff so that if you were to drive with the car sitting low that it would not bounce and scrape. also, be able to raise the car at the flick of a switch and to be able to make the suspension really soft and floaty like a cadillac.

i'm really not even sure if this is possible or affordable but if i had this i would put a kit on it for sure and then i would be more vip which equals happier with life i guess. but now that i think about it after i pay this puppy off in about 2 years (if i continue to just make the minimal payments) i was thinking about picking up an ls (celsior) then making the ls the vip car and the gs more of a racer (not ricer). like an engine swap TT setup on the gs and air + kit + paint + tunes in the ls... but all of this is considering i don't get fired or get a baby...

money's not cheap these days!!!