Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-09, 08:30 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for alot of great points.i guess it all comes down to what the car is for.
my car like i said is daily driven to school, work, errand runner, grocery getter, weekend car ect. i will occasionally take it to lil car shows/photoshoots locally aswell. Am i going to go completely ALL out with this car i doubt it. so i honestly dont see me going air unless i get persuaded.

i would have to guess (correct me if im wrong) but coilovers have less body roll which means better handling around turns like your on rails.. am i right? i just want to upgrade suspension stuff instead of performance mods.

the blowing the bag parts scares me.. i also see myself driving this car well over 150k

as of right NOW.. im still set on JICs but it all may change im going to the shop tom and talk to the shop manager about it.
Old 02-19-09, 08:31 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

4play where did you buy your tail lights? seen some on ebay but im kinda worried about fitment and such..
Old 02-19-09, 08:59 PM
AzGS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dRo15
K sports are junk. They didn't come out that long ago. All these junk coilover came out at about the same time if you guys remember. It was basically the same coilover rebranded. I remember from when I was still fixing up hondas/acuras.

Yeah I read a few problems with those running UAS. I think once you work out the kinks you shouldn't have problems with your air setup.

Slammed is the only was to go to. I'm even slammed to ***** in my beater integra. I scrape everywhere. I'm ghetto. Rolling on chopped Neuspeed Race no wait I think they're Sprints but the ride is still smooth for the most part for some reason.

So Rickey I saw you contemplating trading for Air. You gonna do it? That air force setup looks pretty nice but I don't know if it'll really slam the car.
Why do you not like the KSports? I just put mine on 3 weeks ago and they seem ok. Are there problems with them i should know about?
Old 02-19-09, 11:34 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dRo15
let's do it. I want to see your kit in person
set something up..bring back that sd community thread..no one has posted in there in a while

Originally Posted by jonboy0517
4play where did you buy your tail lights? seen some on ebay but im kinda worried about fitment and such..
i got mine off ebay too..i got mine from a seller by the name of racing guys or something like that..they were about $230 or something..the fit great..perfect fitment and works fine..they come with resistors so they dont trigger the lamp out indicator.

Originally Posted by AzGS
Why do you not like the KSports? I just put mine on 3 weeks ago and they seem ok. Are there problems with them i should know about?
ksports are a good bang for the buck..but many people have they ksports blow on em in about a year..my girlfriend has em on her 07 civic and they are jus horrible..its ALRIGHT but it jus seems like theyre blown already..been about a year..maybe a lil longer..and ksport had an issue with the civics fitments and ksport customer service did not help me with anything..so i wouldnt get ksports ever again..probably shoulda went with megans
Old 02-20-09, 07:11 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

i heard ksport is just another branch of megans
Old 02-20-09, 08:05 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

yea..probably..but for some reason..i havent heard of megans blowing or anything..but if anyone is gonna do coils..i say... tein/stance/hks/jic or any other of those expensive ones out there..anything other than those..expect a lil less out of em..dont get ur hopes up
Old 02-20-09, 10:28 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

JICs should be ordered within a day or so!!! cant wait!!

4play how many miles do you have on your jics? have you had them rebuilt yet?
Old 02-21-09, 11:34 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Jonboy I think his jic's are pretty new
Old 02-21-09, 11:57 AM
Maxima3
Rookie

K-sports are a brand of D2, they are made in the same factory iirc, mines did blow on me in a yr, but i'd still get em... one of my budd'y got into a accident running from authority and took em off his totalled enigine set on fire legend and re installed em on his new legend and they are still working to perfection, my best friend has em installed on his maxima for a yr and suttn and still running great, ill have to admit that the reason mines went was partially my fault instead of pointing the finger on the company... ppl keep talking about these megans, they are gonna turn out to be the same thing... from what i've read on here isnt stance GR+ the best bang for your buck???
Old 02-21-09, 02:53 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G2low
Jonboy I think his jic's are pretty new
ahh i see thanks man!
Old 02-21-09, 04:58 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

my jic's are fairly new..ive had em on my car for a good 8 months or so..but i dont really drive my car too much..i probably only put on like 2k miles on it..maybe even less..my car is not my daily..it sees the outer world probably 2-3 times a week tho..jus to keep the battery goin
Old 02-22-09, 08:51 AM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
my jic's are fairly new..ive had em on my car for a good 8 months or so..but i dont really drive my car too much..i probably only put on like 2k miles on it..maybe even less..my car is not my daily..it sees the outer world probably 2-3 times a week tho..jus to keep the battery goin
wow, i didnt know that, i needa get another car. GS as my daily sucks i cant keep it clean! **** hits my car!
Old 02-22-09, 09:33 AM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

with all my cars i have owned i would BABYYY it like it was a rare car or something lol. Id avoid going to certain places bc i was scared to get dings, scratches, door dings, or stolen.

last car was a e46 m3 and i daily drove that more than i did with my turbo'd rsx. i told my self im paying insurance every month, cars value is decreasing ect and its just going to be a garage queen? ahaha so i made sure i daily drove that everywhere where i went. even school where my rsx got the most dings at errr.

with being on the east coast and being as low as this gs is going to be im ready for the battle scars the car is going to get! haha

/rant

next i need to find some wheels ahhh

not a gs.. and looks like on air but sikk nonetheless..

Old 02-22-09, 10:59 AM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
lame i thought you daily your car
Old 02-22-09, 05:28 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

i used to daily it..then i realized..i had my gf's car most of the day..might as well rack up her miles instead of mine..haha..but at the same time..i dont go out too much..so i guess..i could daily it..i jus dont go out enough to do so..i mainly take it out fri-sun..maybe sometimes on the weekdays

Quick Reply: Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels