Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-09, 06:34 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep thats true!

4play your name is rickey right?

what is your coilovers preset to? as far as the softness/hardess (how many clicks?) also with that stance you have now how many perches(full turns) do you have left or how many inches is it from the locking spring seat to the top of lower bracket?
Old 03-02-09, 06:43 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

kinda confusing with the questions..but my front damper is set to fully stiff..and the rear is set to probably half way in between stiff and soft..my front preset is close to all the way..not sure how much is left on the preload..but maybe another 1/2" and ofcourse theres still the lowering from the spring perches..which probably still has like 3-4" MORE to go lower!!

as for the rear..the preload is maxed out..and i lowered it from the spring perch maybe 1/2"..and still..there is a good 3-4" left to go even LOWER!!

JIC doesnt mess around with their products man..if u want slammed..they'll give it to u hope this helps

btw..did u receive ur JIC's yet?
Old 03-02-09, 06:49 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

sorry man to confuse you. im new to the suspension lingo so i wasnt sure if i asked that correctly but you answered it perfectly hahaha

Im sure when you first installed it, it took awhile for you to adjust to your perfect stance. I was just trying to get an idea at where your at so i can compare when i do mine.

Ahhh man impatiently waiting they should be in tom hopefully rays: but definitely this week.
Old 03-02-09, 06:53 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

ah yeah also.. since im on stockies im sure the rear will tuck in no problem without any modification that low right? but what about the front..? would i be able to tuck tire in the front without worry about rubbing when i turn the wheel left or right?
Old 03-02-09, 06:58 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

you might need to shave your fenders for your front. i remember when i first put on the Flex's my car was a little lower than 4play4dr's. i was rubbing on every bump in the road and everytime i turned the wheel. granted i have 60 series tires but i dont think that matters.

but thats if you decide to go that low
Old 03-02-09, 07:22 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Originally Posted by muhbuhtuh
you might need to shave your fenders for your front. i remember when i first put on the Flex's my car was a little lower than 4play4dr's. i was rubbing on every bump in the road and everytime i turned the wheel. granted i have 60 series tires but i dont think that matters.

but thats if you decide to go that low
I do plan on going as low as the roads let me. i plan on of course later on cutting a hole for my upper control arms and pull/shave/roll the fenders once i decide on my wheels.

but for the meantime since im on my stockies i just want to get ready for what needs to be done before/after the install.

thanks man for the advice much appreciated!
Old 03-02-09, 07:52 PM
amkread
Rookie

Originally Posted by jonboy0517
I do plan on going as low as the roads let me. i plan on of course later on cutting a hole for my upper control arms and pull/shave/roll the fenders once i decide on my wheels.

but for the meantime since im on my stockies i just want to get ready for what needs to be done before/after the install.

thanks man for the advice much appreciated!
when i first slammed all the way on my flex, i wasnt rubbing anywhere. my stock 16's are on 225/55's and i even removed one of the three perches up front, i still wasnt rubbing (well, maybe the underbody, but thats not rubbing, thats grinding =]) but yea, forget about fender mods being slammed on stocks unless u got bigOtires
Old 03-02-09, 08:09 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Originally Posted by amkread
when i first slammed all the way on my flex, i wasnt rubbing anywhere. my stock 16's are on 225/55's and i even removed one of the three perches up front, i still wasnt rubbing (well, maybe the underbody, but thats not rubbing, thats grinding =]) but yea, forget about fender mods being slammed on stocks unless u got bigOtires
i want to tuck tires up front so we'll see how it goes. Have any pics of your car on the flex's with stockies?

this makes me feel soo much better. i didnt want to worry about fender mods until i bought my wheels haha

thanks man for your input!
Old 03-02-09, 11:08 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you look closely, i have front mud flapps! i got tired of rocks hitting my paint and chipping it.
Old 03-03-09, 12:05 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

how did u get mud guards? universal ones? lets see a better pic..never seen that before..

but as far as the slammmed on stocks..i did and it was fine..no rubbing for me either..and i too had 55 series i believe..when i first installed my JICs i had the preload set all the way down all around..the fronts was slammed..but i dint have my hole cut yet..so the noise bugged me..so i raised the preload a few turns and it was fine..a lil bit of knocking..but it wasnt too bad..then after i got the wheels on..i jus decided to leave it at that height..and its fine to me
Old 03-03-09, 04:59 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

when you guys are talking about preload your meaning the spring perch that holds the spring up right? why would you be adjusting that up and down all the time, doesnt it just get left where the spring is snug? (unless you want them a bit harder). And you adjust from the bottom bracket?
Old 03-03-09, 06:51 AM
2k4CamkilA
Intermediate

Originally Posted by StanCe
i took a picture of this local GS. i was wondering if he was someone on here? but its slammed foshoooooo.

NICE TREE!!!!JK
Old 03-03-09, 06:55 AM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Originally Posted by StanCe

if you look closely, i have front mud flapps! i got tired of rocks hitting my paint and chipping it.
ahh man those mudflaps blend well with your car.. if only it would do the same with a white car.

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
how did u get mud guards? universal ones? lets see a better pic..never seen that before..

but as far as the slammmed on stocks..i did and it was fine..no rubbing for me either..and i too had 55 series i believe..when i first installed my JICs i had the preload set all the way down all around..the fronts was slammed..but i dint have my hole cut yet..so the noise bugged me..so i raised the preload a few turns and it was fine..a lil bit of knocking..but it wasnt too bad..then after i got the wheels on..i jus decided to leave it at that height..and its fine to me
ah thanks man sets my mind as ease lol

Originally Posted by [ant]
when you guys are talking about preload your meaning the spring perch that holds the spring up right? why would you be adjusting that up and down all the time, doesnt it just get left where the spring is snug? (unless you want them a bit harder). And you adjust from the bottom bracket?
Here is a nice diagram that I was reading when I was asking my questions. maybe this will clarify the suspension lingo like a noob like me is new to

Old 03-03-09, 06:58 AM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

to make my question simple all i was asking rickey was how many inches (or full turns) does he have between #5 and where #7 is (which is the top of the lower bracket).. this is just so i know where i will be when i adjust them.
Old 03-03-09, 02:20 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

i guess i was referring to the SHOCK preload..not the springs

Quick Reply: Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels