Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-09, 06:48 PM
mrxjeffrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

stance... your car looks good man. ever consider led tails??
Old 03-03-09, 07:37 PM
shkani04
Driver School Candidate

Default g35 wheels?

Originally Posted by StanCe
DAAAAAAAANG IM DIGGING THAT. looks clean and a nice slammmmmage. would you mind posting side views?
Are these g35 rims? how much did they run you? can u post some othe rpics, i was thinking about getting some g35 wheels, looks nice, good quality
Old 03-03-09, 07:48 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mrxjeffrey
stance... your car looks good man. ever consider led tails??
i been thinking about LED tails but i havent quite pulled the trigger, i've had a pair before but sold them.
Old 03-03-09, 07:48 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

4play & jonboy - no probs dudes, wasnt trying to be splitting hairs, just trying to ensure things are making sense to everyone who might be reading!
adjusting #5 adjusts spring preload, as it is increasing (upwards) or decreasing (downwards) the preload on the spring. so technically it should just snug the spring and stay there as adjusting at this point effects the way the spring is working (higher preload = stiffer/bangs over bumps more). Then the height is adjusted by #7 which is the bottom bracket, and adjusting from here is simply a thread and has no effect on any preloading or anything else apart from ride height (hence its good to have this independant adjustment).

so basically you are saying how high can that bracket go to lower the car, generally it can go damn low. my Insurance Group are the same. But if you have issues, you could either increase the preload up a bit to alow the bottom mount to come up more, or if it runs out of internal threads inside you can lower the preload on the spring perch to come down more. or even remove perches. But as 4play says neither would be necessary cause they go low as anyway!
Old 03-03-09, 08:21 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

please excuse my noobness.. that right there helped me understand it alot easier! thanks for the clarification!
Old 03-03-09, 08:26 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

no prob, just trying to make sure everyone is on the same page, saves asking more questions later!
Old 03-03-09, 08:44 PM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

definitely man i agree. sorry for all the confusion.

ahhh im soo impatient when it comes to car parts. . . But when the package comes it feels like Christmas morning at 10yrs old haha =)
Old 03-04-09, 08:07 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^haha i still get that feeling now..and im almost 23
Old 03-04-09, 11:40 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

haha i get stuff and im keen for like a few days, then im all like 'argh i want it on the car' so i either spend my savings to get it on, or spend hours cursing away doing it myself.

then im like 'right what's next...' after about 2 days haha
Old 03-05-09, 12:50 AM
DangGS3
Pole Position

sorry coilover brothers. =/ im about to switch to air. i cant take the bumpy ride on Flex's anymore and my parents complain they cant go anywhere in my car cuz it rides like crap.
Old 03-05-09, 03:33 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

^^haha..cant ride on flex's slammed thats why..but either way..im lookin forward to see the air on ur car! post pics..u kno the routine! good luck with the new set up
Old 03-05-09, 05:29 AM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DangGS3
sorry coilover brothers. =/ im about to switch to air. i cant take the bumpy ride on Flex's anymore and my parents complain they cant go anywhere in my car cuz it rides like crap.
take their car next time? ahha air is for cheaters!! jk

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
^^haha..cant ride on flex's slammed thats why..but either way..im lookin forward to see the air on ur car! post pics..u kno the routine! good luck with the new set up
you better not get air!! hahaha

on a side note my 8am class was canceled today (he is the type that NEVER misses class) im feeling lucky today HOPEFULLY my coils come in today too!! woot woot ray:

Anyone interested in some JP accessories? fusas, kintunas, tissue box, pillows ect? The shop just got a box full of stuff and if any of you are interested in anything PM me.

I have great feedback from many forums.
Old 03-05-09, 05:44 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

i would like air, but just the cost holds me back bigtime. its like my car already rides well and is low enough it looks good but i can get around, id like to go lower but id just bottom it out everywhere which isnt that fun and i could never even think of having passengers then.
air would therefore be cool to go up a bit more if i did have people, and lay out when parked, but all in all its super illegal here in Australia/Perth, cant be visible or adjustable in the car etc etc. Plus it costs around $6.5K AUD for a system drive in drive out which can be removed, but is it worth it to sit a couple inches lower when parked, and probably have worse ride quality the rest of the time? doubt it :P

end of the day, only thing stops me going wild on my cars is always cop hassles, it just isnt fun to drive when you know you're gonna get slammed and spend hours of your own time or bulk cash having to unmodify everything!
Old 03-05-09, 06:32 AM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

wow that strict there huh? i didnt know that.

air for me was only about an additional ~$1,000 compared to the setup am going with.

IF (thats a HUGE IF) i do decided to go eh-eh air lol i could put bags on my coils which would run about 2k roughly. which means i could of gone air runner but we all live and learn.

but for the meantime i cant wait to roll gangstaaa on coils! hahah
Old 03-05-09, 11:22 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

^^haha couldnt have said it better myself i dint wanna go air because im scared to install it myself..and it would probably cost at least $600 for install..and i aint got that kinda cash..2k for UAS + $600-$1k= way too much to spend..i kno a lot of people can do it if u can put ur own coils on..but i jus dont trust my mechanical abilities as far as the lines and the fittings and all that..coils i can do..but iono why i feel nervous bout installing the air

Quick Reply: Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels