Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-09, 10:34 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id rather leave the front to above single digits..jus so i dont have to do work to it..being aggressive/flush in the rear is what its all about
Old 05-10-09, 11:33 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
id rather leave the front to above single digits..jus so i dont have to do work to it..being aggressive/flush in the rear is what its all about
Why do one and not the other? Gotta keep the look uniform.
Old 05-11-09, 07:26 AM
jonboy0517
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for the suggestions. your probably right. but as of right now the wheels i wanna run are kinda hard to find and the biggest i believe they came in are 18s. =( and most of them have really high offsets =( if anything il only be able be flush not aggressive with these wheels but still trying to work out a deal. hint: old school wheels not everyone will like the style.
Old 05-11-09, 07:34 AM
schase
Pole Position

Default Rims

Originally Posted by vip=money

i like these rims
Old 05-11-09, 08:27 AM
Jedidiah
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Spyder78
I'm doing it, pics will be up this week after it comes out of the shop since I needed a lot of work on the quarters and fenders.
Without work to the front fenders, unless your running 18s and are sitting 2 inches off the ground, single digits on coilovers is a very difficult feat. Now being on air obviously changes that.

Hope you make a thread on this, as I can't wait to see the outcome! Your ride Spectra Blue?
Old 05-11-09, 09:03 AM
hondagsxr6
Rookie

Originally Posted by chrispy
If you have you can't turn when you're low, you need to roll or shave the fender as much as you can and stretch the tires. I learned that the hard way.

yup same with me , tried turnin right up a driveway while turnin n there my whole fender rolled out . hurtin
Old 05-11-09, 10:02 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

let me contribute, might not be supper dump but o well hahaa
rear is a little tuck with stretched tire, no fender modsjust da way i like it =)

Old 05-11-09, 03:42 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

SO what the **** do you guys do to your front fenders to make wheels flush. If rolling cracks paint, and shaving is bad.......what are my options? I dont see how shaving the font fender a bit will weaken the fender. And if it does "weaken" what is it in danger of?
Old 05-11-09, 04:01 PM
Myblacksc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TomLee
SO what the **** do you guys do to your front fenders to make wheels flush. If rolling cracks paint, and shaving is bad.......what are my options? I dont see how shaving the font fender a bit will weaken the fender. And if it does "weaken" what is it in danger of?

a good fender roller + a sunny day (to warm up the paint so they dont crack) + tape = clean

go slow.. roll a little at a time. flare a little at a time.
Old 05-11-09, 04:12 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Whats the tape for?
Also....What about a h mallot and flat head and gently tapping the fender in?
Old 05-11-09, 04:33 PM
Myblacksc
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TomLee
Whats the tape for?
Also....What about a h mallot and flat head and gently tapping the fender in?
tape over the paint so it doesnt crack. (the blue 3m tape for cars)
Tape the fender that you're rolling with the tape and let it sit in the sun for a while. Wait till the paint gets warm, then start rolling. Do it little by little.

i wouldnt recomend the hammer or the baseball bat, althought some people may have been successful with them.

Its not guarenteed to prevent damage. Whenever you're doing stuff like this, there are always risks.
Old 05-11-09, 05:24 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
let me contribute, might not be supper dump but o well hahaa
rear is a little tuck with stretched tire, no fender modsjust da way i like it =)

Finally some better pics!
Looks good, just need to slam those megans!
Old 05-11-09, 08:25 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

So how flush have you guys gotten your front fender liners? I really just want to shave the fronts.
Old 05-11-09, 08:32 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

my fender liners are cut out around the top, just left a bit frnt and rear so the arch doesnt look 'empty' when you look in there.

Tom as for shaving weakening it, think about it. if you have fender like this:

L

if something presses on the straight edge (vertical) it cant bend in because the bottom edge (horizontal) is holding it out and wont bend on the same plane as the vertical. So it cant bend in easily. If you roll it, it is taking away some strength but if rolled to a 'V' shape then still retains a reasonable strength. If rolled flat, it is now more susceptible to bend, but has effectively a double layer underneath so its stronger.

if you shave it so its just: | at the front, then if you push on it it will bend inwards. or if your wheel hits it it can bend inwards or outwards. And since it will then be able to wobble a bit more it may cause paint issues down the track.

having said that, i reckon if you shave but leave like 3mm or so there just to leave it a tiny bit of extra strength it may be okay.

If you look in a lot of VIp mags etc, theres a fair few aristo's that are a bit sunken up front but flush up back. Something about the geometry of the suspension makes it hard to get flush up front on our cars. My old S13 was easy, it had like credit card clearance but didnt scrub! whereas the Aristos seem to hold the wheel straighter when turning meaning its more likely to hit the guard when turning up things..
Old 05-11-09, 08:36 PM
TomLee
Lexus Champion

Seriously, this is so frustrating. It could also be that I need to take the tires down a notch and get a smaller, more stretched tire. Because the 25mm makes my front wheels flush, and 20mm still leaves a bit to be desired. I just looked and it actually rubbed the whole fender liner, so i dont think shaving/cutting it wont really help...

Quick Reply: Picture REQUEST. Non-Air Tucked Wheels