Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Do you hear any type of noises with your F-Sport Springs? Who installed them?
Yes, I hear a noise. I had the dealer install the springs.
27.47%
Yes, I hear a noise. I had an independent shop install the springs.
35.16%
No, I don't hear a noise. I had the dealer install the springs.
10.99%
No, I don't hear a noise. I had an independent shop install the springs.
26.37%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

F-Sport Springs Clunk Noise. Normal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-08, 03:55 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Electric
I only have the clunk in the rear passenger side. I got my Tein coil covers so Im gonna install them this weekend on that side.
i have the same issue in the same spot. Do you have to remove the springs to install those sliencers or you can do it without?
Old 09-17-08, 01:48 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

I want to put these springs on my car, but it kind of scares me with everyone saying they're getting a clunk noise. Maybe if I get mine put on, I should have the dealer do the brake cable TSIB right afterwards??

Little off topic, but for those of you who had them installed at the dealership, how much $$$ was charged for labor??
Old 09-17-08, 01:56 PM
triple_c
Pole Position

i'm not sure if this would be relevant for everyone, but i used to have the clunk noise after i installed my f-sport springs. it was loudest when i went over an uneven bump, like if i took a speed bump at an angle. the noise was only coming from the rear passenger side. anyway, i had the f-sport sway bar set installed this week, and didn't touch anything else with the suspension. i don't want to jinx myself, but i have yet to hear the clunk noise.
Old 09-17-08, 02:04 PM
andyboy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Little E
I want to put these springs on my car, but it kind of scares me with everyone saying they're getting a clunk noise. Maybe if I get mine put on, I should have the dealer do the brake cable TSIB right afterwards??

Little off topic, but for those of you who had them installed at the dealership, how much $$$ was charged for labor??
I got quoted for $570, just for INSTALL!
Old 09-17-08, 02:52 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

E,
I don't really hear it much anymore. Maybe I tune it out. It is not a huge deal, but there are 2 ways to get rid of it. You can do the brake cable TSIB and you can add the Tein rubber silencers. The Tein Rubber Silencers are probably the way you should go as they have a 100% success rate. The brake cable TSIB has not worked for everyone. Buy 5 packs of the rubber silencers and slide em on the top. This should do the trick.

IMO, anyone who is installing the F Springs should buy these and slap em on. There is no disadvantage and they are cheap! Have them install the silencers while they are installing the springs.

A dealership near me charge $650 for F Springs/Shocks.

Vik
Old 09-17-08, 03:36 PM
MY2J
Pole Position

Shocks - $370
Springs - $300
Labor - $650
Total - $1,320 (not including tax)

thats a pretty penny
Old 09-17-08, 03:41 PM
MY2J
Pole Position

heres another off topic question... (sorry but you guys respond great in here)

how off are the alignment specs after the drop?

how are your tires holding up, wear wise?
Old 09-17-08, 04:56 PM
Electric
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have someone other than Lexus install the springs. My brother installs them for $200-300 depending on vehicle. He is a Toyota mechanic. I know of 2 other people who is install springs for that price too. Also, you can get springs for 250 or so.
Old 09-17-08, 06:57 PM
USB_F
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No clunk noise here...just a leaking rear shock. =(
Old 09-17-08, 07:30 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MY2J
Shocks - $370
Springs - $300
Labor - $650

thats a pretty penny
$1320 is not crazy for springs and shocks. Most coilovers cost +$1500 with a $300-400 install charge.
Old 09-17-08, 09:24 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just realized this thread.

I have Tein S techs, and have rattling at the rear passenger side when I go from a stop. Also rattling sound when I brake on a downhill/uphill...any1 knows why?
Old 09-17-08, 09:33 PM
venZon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1

no noise but I also use my ebrake when i park too...
Old 09-17-08, 11:02 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VikH
E,
I don't really hear it much anymore. Maybe I tune it out. It is not a huge deal, but there are 2 ways to get rid of it. You can do the brake cable TSIB and you can add the Tein rubber silencers. The Tein Rubber Silencers are probably the way you should go as they have a 100% success rate. The brake cable TSIB has not worked for everyone. Buy 5 packs of the rubber silencers and slide em on the top. This should do the trick.

IMO, anyone who is installing the F Springs should buy these and slap em on. There is no disadvantage and they are cheap! Have them install the silencers while they are installing the springs.

A dealership near me charge $650 for F Springs/Shocks.

Vik
Originally Posted by MY2J
Shocks - $370
Springs - $300
Labor - $650

thats a pretty penny
Thanks guys! It's a shame that dealership labor costs more than the actual springs. I know someone that will do the install for way less $$, but I don't want to void warranty on my car. I'll probably just keep my stock shocks (I did that on my Honda when I added a drop and had no problems).
Old 09-18-08, 10:39 AM
MY2J
Pole Position

Originally Posted by VikH
$1320 is not crazy for springs and shocks. Most coilovers cost +$1500 with a $300-400 install charge.
no height or damper adjustments tho

and coilovers are 100 times easier because it's a whole piece... with springs you need to install them onto the shocks and then onto the car
Old 09-18-08, 08:18 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by radicalrev
Just realized this thread.

I have Tein S techs, and have rattling at the rear passenger side when I go from a stop. Also rattling sound when I brake on a downhill/uphill...any1 knows why?
that i believe is the rattle problem, i believe there is a tsib for that if its the dash or the doors. i have it too.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Springs Clunk Noise. Normal?