Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

We all know these damn cars lean on the driver side, how does this sound for a fix...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-08, 10:22 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default We all know these damn cars lean on the driver side, how does this sound for a fix...

1. Remove the bottom rubber cushion of the right front coil.
2. Install a sport version coil on the right front ( this would only work if the sport springs were the same spring rate, which I think they are) can anyone confirm because this sounds like the best option being they are the same rate.

I have the OEM suspension on now and I forgot how much the damn car leans without coilovers to compensate. With my Teins I had to turn the driver side up 3 full turns to even it out to the passenger side. I am very picky and my car leaning is driving me crazy, plus I know it must be real bad when I am sitting in it with a full tank of gas. Without me in it, it sits 1/4 inch lower on the driver side. It must be 3/4 inch lower with me in it. What a crappy design on Toyotas part.
Old 05-22-08, 10:31 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

maybe the drivers side lean is to compensate for when you have a passenger.. so if you adjust it to be even without a passenger and when you passenger sits in the other seat the passenger side leans... you wont win. lol
Old 05-22-08, 11:21 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,407 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
1. Remove the bottom rubber cushion of the right front coil.
2. Install a sport version coil on the right front ( this would only work if the sport springs were the same spring rate, which I think they are) can anyone confirm because this sounds like the best option being they are the same rate.

I have the OEM suspension on now and I forgot how much the damn car leans without coilovers to compensate. With my Teins I had to turn the driver side up 3 full turns to even it out to the passenger side. I am very picky and my car leaning is driving me crazy, plus I know it must be real bad when I am sitting in it with a full tank of gas. Without me in it, it sits 1/4 inch lower on the driver side. It must be 3/4 inch lower with me in it. What a crappy design on Toyotas part.
Did you check the corner weights? Maybe it's not such a crappy design, but it offends your expectation of appearance while actually performing better.
Old 05-22-08, 11:50 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

If you look closely in the mirror your eyes are slightly different so are your arms legs and ballz... I say you should get some surgery to get all those fixed. Your parents really designed you crappy.. 1/4 inch off.. lolz
Old 05-23-08, 02:04 AM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ba-b4
If you look closely in the mirror your eyes are slightly different so are your arms legs and ballz... I say you should get some surgery to get all those fixed. Your parents really designed you crappy.. 1/4 inch off.. lolz
lmao u guys are too much some times hahaha
Old 05-23-08, 02:10 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ba-b4
damm... you beat me to it...
Old 05-23-08, 10:14 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

LOL, funny guys. In any event none of my Audis leaned, my fathers SL55 is dead level. My sisters honda accord is dead level. It is not normal for a car to lean. Not to mention cosmetically disturbing, looks like it was wrecked and has a bent frame.
And no it is not to compensate for a passenger, if you read my post it leans without anyone in it. How can I measure if I were in the car. I said it leans without me in it so it would lean worse with me in it. I would have to have a 600lbs. person in the passenger side to make it sit level.
Old 05-23-08, 10:15 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

So now that we have all that addressed, why don't we answer the question at hand.
Old 05-23-08, 12:47 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

haha....Adam its time to get back into the Audi. AWD and performance for where you are moving too. Many say bad things about them but I miss my S4, okay i don't miss the gas bill from the V8...but that RS4!!! About one of the best things on the IS350 is the mpg is pretty good...and gas is just going to get worse. I have heard you can pick up a RS4 for around 50k....the IS would be gone in 2 secs if I find that deal.

I think you will waste more time and energy trying to make this work. Just get rid of the car and find something better IMO.
Old 05-23-08, 01:25 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

I am not willing to swallow the depreciation though. It is only a year old.
Old 05-23-08, 01:32 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow. Dude, I have looked at my car from every angle, on different slopes, in different lights, in different stages of bourbon consumtion, and I have never once noticed that the car sits 1/4 inch lower on one side. Sorry it bugs you so much. You must have laser levels for eyes!
Old 05-23-08, 06:13 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by golfproatl
Wow. Dude, I have looked at my car from every angle, on different slopes, in different lights, in different stages of bourbon consumtion, and I have never once noticed that the car sits 1/4 inch lower on one side. Sorry it bugs you so much. You must have laser levels for eyes!
once you start to mod your car you will find this to be a problem! Its not normal and like SincityIS mentioned NO other MFG has there cars like this. I did not pick up on it till I started to work on the car. It cost me $$ because of it. There is no logical reason for it IMO.
Old 05-23-08, 06:45 PM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

you sure you guy's tires inflation is the same. If one tire has a little less air there's your 1/4 inch right there.
Old 05-23-08, 08:45 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,407 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
once you start to mod your car you will find this to be a problem! Its not normal and like SincityIS mentioned NO other MFG has there cars like this. I did not pick up on it till I started to work on the car. It cost me $$ because of it. There is no logical reason for it IMO.
Did you reset the bushings when you lowered the car? If you didn't, you didn't follow the instructions in the service manual, and it's no surprise you're unhappy with the results.
Old 05-24-08, 03:39 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

My car has the OEM suspension now. My car sat just as crooked the day I drove it off the lot, that is the major reason I bought coilovers instead of springs when I lowered it 8 months ago. I have since returned it to stock and am not happy with the fact that it leans again.

Quick Reply: We all know these damn cars lean on the driver side, how does this sound for a fix...