Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rack bushings changed.. Results?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-08, 10:26 PM
JJsc3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300max
Did you do an alignment after the Daizen install?
I think an allighment is necessary, but I don't think it will solve the problem of the uneven level of the car.

Again, if you look at the passenger side, it's low the way I like it, plus the coil ring is sitting just a little below the mid point of the coil sleeve (plenty of room to drop some more). But the driver side however is raised up again for the 2nd time after replacing the rack bushing with Daizens this time. Remember, both sides use to be even until I replaced the rack bushings the very first time. And again, the first time I installed Ebay bushings, I had to drop the driver side coil ring lower because it resulted in the driver side being higher than the passenger side. Then I replaced the rack bushings again for Daizen bushings instead, and the driver side went up again with a 2 finger fenger gap this time. Therefore, I'll have to adjust the coil ring lower again, but I'm running out of space on the coil sleeve. This is not normal. When I had the stock bushings on, ride height was even, and the coil ring was at the same level on both sides. It just doesn't make sense. It's always the driver side that goes up, while the passenger side remains at the height I prefer it to be at once I change out the rack bushings. Now I'm pretty sure it's not the new bushings that's causing the driver side to sit higher. It's because I had to loosen the rack to get the bushings on, which resulted in the uneven level of the car. Now how can I get it right now that I have Daizen's on? How can I raise up the driver side's coil ring so that it matchs the passenger side, but staying at the same heigh level?

I know it's a bit confusing, but that's the best I can explain it.