Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

People who used Lowering Springs

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-08, 11:45 PM
kevintq
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People who used Lowering Springs

so for the people who used after market lowering springs... did you guys noticed that once your springs settled in, the wheel gap in the rear is smaller than the front. As in the rear of the car drops lower than the front. not by a lot but like a little???
Old 05-26-08, 11:52 PM
radicalrev
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeap..every1 shud notice that....i got no finger gap at the rear while 1 finger gap at the fronts with Tein S springs...
Old 05-27-08, 12:06 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wouldn't tire size have a lot to do with it as well. You guys should post tire sizes because some people have bigger rolling diameter differences between the front and the rear.
Old 05-27-08, 12:24 AM
kevintq
Pole Position

Originally Posted by radicalrev
yeap..every1 shud notice that....i got no finger gap at the rear while 1 finger gap at the fronts with Tein S springs...
mine is like yours, but im on swift springs and stock rim and tire
Old 05-27-08, 07:25 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
Wouldn't tire size have a lot to do with it as well. You guys should post tire sizes because some people have bigger rolling diameter differences between the front and the rear.
Yes I am one of them. I stayed consistent with the front to rear of the 18" IS350 set up. So I have a larger tire in the rear then many on here! I like it for performance and the roads SUCK here!

I have less then a finger if that of a gap in the rear. more of a gap in the front but Its because I am on springs and the tire sizes I chose. I could have gone smaller in the rear and had similar gap front to rear.

It also depends on what springs you get. Many lower the car LESS in the rear the the front. Its how the car sits. If you want the "PERFECT" front to rear drop regardless of rim and tire sizes....you shouldn't be looking at springs. Ask sincityIS to chime in since he has had both on his car!
Old 05-27-08, 09:24 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
If you want the "PERFECT" front to rear drop regardless of rim and tire sizes....you shouldn't be looking at springs.
..............you should be looking at coilovers. It is the only way to dial in a perfect drop. Now exactly which coilover to get(?????), that is another question entirely.
Old 05-27-08, 09:31 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
..............you should be looking at coilovers. It is the only way to dial in a perfect drop. Now exactly which coilover to get(?????), that is another question entirely.
If I make the jump it will be TeinSS Coils....I am very happy with the look and ride I get from the TeinS springs. I dont think I will ever make the leap unless I keep this car longer then planed.
Old 05-27-08, 09:37 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm starting to think the TEIN SS's are going to be my choice as well. The spring rate on them is only slightly higher than my original choice, the CS's. And the price is way less than the CS's.

How long are you planning on keeping your IS?
Old 05-27-08, 09:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Turbo_gg
I'm starting to think the TEIN SS's are going to be my choice as well. The spring rate on them is only slightly higher than my original choice, the CS's. And the price is way less than the CS's.

How long are you planning on keeping your IS?
I have a year and a few months till the lease is up. I typically do not keep them that long and trade them in due to the amount of miles I drive. Well with the market changes and recent job changes I am doing minimal...well I guess normal driving now and I have considered buying it out and keeping it. Will see where things are when I get there as I go threw cars like water

I wanted to keep and let my wife take the car over but I fear her driving in the snow with RWD. She is used to FWD and the though scares me. Time to move to a warmer climate

But I agree for the $$ the TeinSS are the way to go as you can still soften them up if you want but get nice and crazy if and when you want! This would suit me just fine! You can get them used pretty cheap now. I have paid attn to them in the classified section lately

How about you? Plan to keep it for a long time??
Old 05-27-08, 09:52 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

at least you guys have a choice with coilovers! unlike us AWD people
Old 05-27-08, 09:57 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lexboi250
at least you guys have a choice with coilovers! unlike us AWD people
I would still like to know what the bid difference is. I am almost surprised that someone has not just tired them on the AWD. Many did it with the springs and I am certain NO one has had reported any problems.
Old 05-28-08, 08:17 AM
5h4n3
Rookie

So if the rear drops more and if you keep the wheel diameters similar to the original 18" setup, won't that mean if you've got 3 people in the backseat the tires will always rub whenever u go through bumps and such?

Reason I ask is I'm debating on whether to get the F-Sport springs.. I upped my wheels from 17"s to 18"s with 225/40 18x8 +35ET front and 255/40 18x9 +39ET rear recently and noticed with stock springs I have slightly more than 2 finger clearance at the rear and 3 at the front.. The F-Sport springs will drop it 1" and I'm worried that it might rub at the rear when I have passengers on board..

Thoughts?
Old 05-28-08, 09:45 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5h4n3
So if the rear drops more and if you keep the wheel diameters similar to the original 18" setup, won't that mean if you've got 3 people in the backseat the tires will always rub whenever u go through bumps and such?

Reason I ask is I'm debating on whether to get the F-Sport springs.. I upped my wheels from 17"s to 18"s with 225/40 18x8 +35ET front and 255/40 18x9 +39ET rear recently and noticed with stock springs I have slightly more than 2 finger clearance at the rear and 3 at the front.. The F-Sport springs will drop it 1" and I'm worried that it might rub at the rear when I have passengers on board..

Thoughts?
Please post pics. With that setup you should not have anything to worry about. I am not understanding how you have only a small gap with no drop?? worst case you may have to roll the rear fenders...
Old 05-29-08, 03:43 AM
5h4n3
Rookie

Will post pictures when I have the time.. most likely not until this weekend since work has been keeping me busy.