Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air suspension installed! New Stance!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-08, 01:33 PM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UniAirSusp
UAS on CS v.2

UAS on Regular Shocks

its so tough to be comparing those two because ones got 18s(19s?) with a kit and the others got 20s with stock body and they look completely different... so the weigh in from you guys at UAS is what? using CS vs. oem struts lowers the same/more/less? like i said if people are just keeping the teins in to adjust their dampening its not worth it to me.. the system is also being controlled with easystreet digital management so its not really a concern to have the coil sleeve set to a special height for driving when deflated either... sorry for the questions didnt mean to threadjack.
Old 06-06-08, 04:24 PM
DRAG2GS300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice job....i wish i had air
Old 06-07-08, 12:17 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

it did come out great bro ... and re adjusting air will always a task ;\ gotta find that happy part

I will be taking out my bump stops in the front and my front will go another inch lower with 25 mil spacers ... to achieve the stance ... and a 10 mil in the rear

heres how she sits now .. with bump stops to still being able to drive that low .. just straight or slightly turned ..
My goal to have the front sit like the rear and have the front kiss the ground ..
Old 06-07-08, 12:32 AM
chrispy

Received 79 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks guys. Pxrlex, what did you do to get the rear that low?
Old 06-07-08, 12:47 AM
jasonm
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So f'n sweet...love the drop and the Scara's
Old 06-07-08, 01:31 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by chrispy

chrisp did you say you chopped the cups and have the bumpstops removed already too?
Old 06-07-08, 02:11 AM
chrispy

Originally Posted by upstateGS4
chrisp did you say you chopped the cups and have the bumpstops removed already too?
Yeah, the the front strut mount cup thing was cut off and all bumpstops were removed.
Old 06-07-08, 02:33 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

It's really too hard to tell unless you find a car with the exact same Wheel & tire size / Bodykit setup.

If you cant find someone else with the right combo, you can try it with the OEM shocks first...if it works out to your liking, sell the TEINS

Brackets can always be resold if you want to switch over to the udjustable coilovers...someone is ALWAYS looking for specific car brackets.
Old 06-07-08, 03:10 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Emerald
It's really too hard to tell unless you find a car with the exact same Wheel & tire size / Bodykit setup.

If you cant find someone else with the right combo, you can try it with the OEM shocks first...if it works out to your liking, sell the TEINS

Brackets can always be resold if you want to switch over to the udjustable coilovers...someone is ALWAYS looking for specific car brackets.

wasnt trying to get an exact millimeter for millimeter comparison.. my main deal was.. for one reason or another, i was falsely under the impression that when doing the UAS bag and brackets with tein cs versus UAS with oem struts, the cs setup would get you WAY lower just because of the fact that it is a coilover setup that you could set way lower to start... after digging through a few air threads and seeing the pics of how UAS's rear bracket is designed (has nothing to do with the adjustable ring on the cs strut) along with the fronts limited tweaking ability, its easier to tell what the setups limits are now either way you go..

i pm'd a couple of you guys that were mentioning fabbing up different brackets to see if you ever got anywhere with that and if you have any info you could share about what you came up with...
Old 06-07-08, 04:37 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

UAS has super simple (2GS) to complex(newer Lexus) brackets for different Lex applications. A coilover bracket is the most simple tho.

One way you could do it is to crank your coilovers down and measure how far you're off the ground and how TALL the spring is.

Now consider that the UAS bag is about 4" tall when fully deflated.

You now know how low it will dump

**Always good to have the kit and rims you'll be using installed already

Coilovers: U will always need (at aminimum) a bottom plate to keep everything centered. If the bottom perch on the coilovers is too wide, then u need a custom welded bracket/plate to elevate the bag assembly (slightly) to clear the air fitting.....hella simple setup. So simple that it was genious

Theres really not much fabbing required for coilover brackets. I could weld up my own in 15 minutes...but by the time I clear off the bench and drag the welder out...i would rather pay a couple bucks to have it shipped to me pre-welded along with the rest of the 'stuff'.

If someone is dead set on going with OEM: buy the pre-fabbed bracket or have one of the universal plates welded to the shock body...

Either way is a very simple solution,quick and not expensive @ all
Old 06-10-08, 06:49 PM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Originally Posted by chrispy
just threw them in and played with the camber , the closes spot of the rear is the top corner ... not the top of the rear rim if that helps ...

19*10 +25 and its pretty close to the side after shaving the rear too ... so be careful
Old 06-10-08, 08:28 PM
toeb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome to the air club the set up is nice. i want to upgrade to the digi controller. does the controller come with the pressure sen for each coner built in or do you have to buy them seperate? ive just got the switch box and its a pain to get the ride hight just right. heres mine on uas and stock combo. i havent cut the bumpstop cups (yet) but i would like to drop a little lower when parked. also im on 20's.

Last edited by toeb; 06-10-08 at 08:35 PM.
Old 06-10-08, 08:43 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Very sweet....
Old 06-10-08, 08:48 PM
chrispy

Originally Posted by toeb
welcome to the air club the set up is nice. i want to upgrade to the digi controller. does the controller come with the pressure sen for each coner built in or do you have to buy them seperate? ive just got the switch box and its a pain to get the ride hight just right. heres mine on uas and stock combo. i havent cut the bumpstop cups (yet) but i would like to drop a little lower when parked. also im on 20's.

[IG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/djtoeb/lexus/lexusnova008.jpg[/IMG]

[IG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r196/djtoeb/lexus/lexusnova010.jpg[/IMG]
If you just want to add the controller, I think Easy Street just sells the controller by itself with the ECU, sensors, and whatever you need.

I think your car drops the same height as mine but you're on 20's so they're tucking.
Old 06-10-08, 09:16 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toeb
Those 20s look huge

Quick Reply: Air suspension installed! New Stance!