Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Hypermax II Coilovers (Best Pricing?)

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-08, 06:26 AM
Tri0 #3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypermax II Coilovers (Best Pricing?)

Looking to get coilovers very soon. Just curious how much youve paid and where. Trying to find the best deal. The hypermax are my best choise right now. Not looking for a stiff ride, I use my SC as my daily driver and I have a baby to think about when shes riding in the back seat. If you have any good suggestions for coilovers plz be my guest.
Old 06-06-08, 07:16 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if its for daily, i would go with tein just because the cs is soft and rides like stock, also, if you blow a strut, its easily fixed by company here in the US, i dont know if hks is the same
Old 06-06-08, 09:08 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hypermax 2's are not very street friendly. plus they blow out very easily when you drive on chitty roads like we have in chicago.

its not worth getting hks for a daily because if they blow you will have a hard time getting them rebuilt. i dont like tein because they are too soft but we have different goal and definitely priorities considering you have a kid

i would also recomment Stance coilovers. they are sprung and valved very well. they are stiff but they dont feel like it at all. they are very smooth. talk to MILTDOG or search for stance. some members have them and i havent heard a bad response yet.

good luck
Old 06-06-08, 10:40 AM
Tri0 #3
Rookie

hmm stance? Never really heard about them. Thanx I will look them up
Old 06-06-08, 10:55 AM
yihaw
Rookie

stance are great coilovers alot of my 240sx friends used them and they have a good rep. if cost is an issue go with some megans
Old 06-06-08, 11:28 AM
FormosaSC
Lexus Champion

ive never tried stance, but i heard its pretty stiff, i would go for tein just because you can adjust the damper (flex), or if you want soft, get the CS model.
Old 06-06-08, 11:40 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

they are stiff but the valving on them is matched very well so it does not feel bouncy at all.
Old 06-06-08, 11:50 PM
UpInTheLex
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

We should get a group buy going on Stance coilovers, between here and supraforums doesn't seem like it would be too hard to get 10 or more sets sold.
Old 06-07-08, 09:04 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hipermax II's are discounted and is replaced by Hipermax III's....I recently installed and rode on Hipermax III's...Its still not broken in yet as we drove it less than 10 miles...But from the initial impressions, they have excellent rode response and the car is very stable even at the softest settings...I would recommend the Hipermax III's as they are a quality coilover...Not to mention, Carson Toyota has a GB on it...

I have the Tein CS v1 myself and also rode on the new CST, Basics, and Flex on several occasions...

You can't go wrong with Tein's Comfort line (CS and CST)...They can take the corners hard when needed yet still rides like OEM...

In comparison to the Comfort Line, Flex and Basic are on the sportier side, as they have stiffer spring rates (in the 14s in the front, 10's in the rear?)....Still the ride on these are stable but occasionally rough on bumps...Basics and/or Flex would be a good choice if where you live have nice roads, the ride can be quite bumpy if you live by the city...Also would be ideal if you choose to autocross or for track use...

Oh BTW, Tein raised their prices by $400...

-D

Last edited by One HoT; 06-07-08 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-07-08, 10:23 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

tien on city and hi ways
hks on the track
Old 06-07-08, 10:33 AM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
hypermax 2's are not very street friendly. plus they blow out very easily when you drive on chitty roads like we have in chicago.

its not worth getting hks for a daily because if they blow you will have a hard time getting them rebuilt. i dont like tein because they are too soft but we have different goal and definitely priorities considering you have a kid

i would also recomment Stance coilovers. they are sprung and valved very well. they are stiff but they dont feel like it at all. they are very smooth. talk to MILTDOG or search for stance. some members have them and i havent heard a bad response yet.

good luck

I have had a set of HypermaxII's for 5 years. Been on my daily 2k SC300 in NY and Vegas.....Not one problem or issue. They are very street friendly.
If you can swing the Hypermax III's, I'd go that route.

gadgetSC
Old 06-07-08, 02:24 PM
Checkk
Driver

Do not get hypermax for daily driving. You'll regret it.
Old 06-07-08, 05:20 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gadgetSC
I have had a set of HypermaxII's for 5 years. Been on my daily 2k SC300 in NY and Vegas.....Not one problem or issue. They are very street friendly.
If you can swing the Hypermax III's, I'd go that route.

gadgetSC
it all depends on the way you drive. i know people that have megan coilovers and they drive liek they are drunk trying to avoid every pothole because otherwise the ride is terrible. on the other hand my friend has an evo9 with robispec suspension that is set up for the track and it rides perfectly smooth, even on big bumps. that evo has the best handling and smoothest suspension of any car i have ever driven or riden in...no exceptions.

maybe you drive you car on smooth roads, you are careful, and with most people on the here their nice sc is a weekend car and not a daily. thats why it has lasted you that long. people that drive hks on daily basis would disagree with you.

basically what im saying is that tein is chit and it being oem smooth doesnt mean anything. all it means is that an average joe will ask what suspension you have and be surprised to hear that you have coilovers. coilovers are not automatically meant to be stiff. tein has a ****ty ride because the springs are not matched to the weight of the car and the shock are not matched to the springs.

hks is better but not for daily driving. i have driven an sc on stances and it feel much better and smoother then cars on megans or teins. stances are stiffer at F18 and R12 but they are valved properly to work with the car. the teins are bouncy.

if you really think you can go auto-x or "take corners hard" on tein crap then its your perogative. if i go lapping or anything serious i expect to drive on quality product and not the name that it carries.

mercedes has a big name in the automotive industry but the cars are pure garbage. same for VW and audi. the new lamborghini's are cheap chit "super cars"

anyways....my mindset is on handling of the car. most people want oem ride AND handling. most cases it wont happen.
Old 06-07-08, 06:28 PM
gadgetSC
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Just passing on my personal experience with them. I had the HypermaxII's on my turbo SC first.....Turbo miles are not easy miles. After swapping over Zeal Endless coilovers, the hypermax setup went onto my daily driver. I have put on over 40k miles on them since. The Hypermax II's also fully adjustable. The only replacements for me would be the Hypermax III's of another set of Zeal's.
Again, just passing on my experience with them.

gadgetSC
Old 06-08-08, 12:19 AM
ridox
Driver

I agree with gadgetSC. I have hipermax pros in my garage which I use for the track, and for daily I run hipermax rs. HKS has quality product and being fully adjustable is a must to tune it where you like it. Also be sure to get a good alignment and corner balance if you can afford it.

Quick Reply: Hypermax II Coilovers (Best Pricing?)