Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

This has got to be the slowest section I have ever encountered on any forum....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-08, 11:51 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default This has got to be the slowest section I have ever encountered on any forum....

I mean with all the members here I seldom see any new interesting posts in the suspension section. What gives, this is the most important part of this car since it handles like crap from the factory.
Old 06-16-08, 12:02 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree on both points. You have started some important threads here, that's for sure Often the same old questions get asked over and over. I guess it's just the way it goes.
Old 06-16-08, 01:59 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you think this section is slow you should hang out at the 2is sections of the my.is boards...
Old 06-16-08, 03:15 AM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's slow because the 2IS drivers like their stock suspension and brakes. If someone has something interesting to post, they will do it. It's not like they are obligated to post every single detail that deals with suspension or brakes.
Old 06-16-08, 05:42 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I know this is irrelevant to this thread but I don't want to start a thread just for this. Does anyone knows why the price of Tein CS went up to almost 1900? When I got mines back then, they were only 1130 shipped.
Old 06-16-08, 08:15 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this section is slow because they don't make coilovers for the AWD crowd lol

if we want suspension mods, we're gonna have to buy what's out or custom fab everything ourselves.
Old 06-16-08, 08:58 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reason stuff is getting to be so much more expensive is because the dollar is tanking. It is only going to get worse as well.
Old 06-16-08, 09:25 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

It's picked up a little with the release of the F-sport parts, however most people won't take the time to browse to the sub forums.... even the Performance section doesn't get that much traffic.
Old 06-16-08, 10:02 AM
Giggity
Pole Position

The 2IS is not a performance or a tuner car, and majority of people on this board only bought the car because it's a Lexus and they're too young to drive an ES or can't afford a GS. I'm guessing that's why the F-sport stuff seems to be selling so well among members here; they see other people tweaking their cars but don't know enough about it to try it themselves, and then Lexus releases parts and now they can get stuff from and installed by the dealership and it will be covered by warranty.
I took a long drive in the 911 yesterday for fathers day and even though the 350 and the 911 have very similar horsepower, the focus is so completely different. On stock suspension and the 19" Carrera sport wheels this car out handles the IS with coilovers with a mild drop and firmed up dampening all day long.
I was surprised, even with the coilovers the IS's driving feel is very muted, it's a sporty (entry level) luxury car but the focus is more on luxury. The 911's focus is driving, you feel everything. For some reason I never noticed how very different the two cars are driving wise, but I still would rather drive the IS every day, it's so much more comfy, I think the ML sounds better than the bose and call me old, but I got tired of rowing through the gears after a while.
Old 06-16-08, 10:20 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"Suspension and Brakes" is a very limited category for a forum. It doesn't take long before everything that can be said has been said (a few times).
Old 06-16-08, 12:49 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I mean with all the members here I seldom see any new interesting posts in the suspension section. What gives, this is the most important part of this car since it handles like crap from the factory.
You and I see eye to eye bro! Its time to get rid of the IS and get a Audi/BMW/or something else...That Audi RS4 has your name all over it
Old 06-16-08, 02:03 PM
blk_is300
Pole Position

I think most people who bought an IS don't care about handling that much to begin with. This section is slow because aftermarket part manufacturers are also slow on developing parts for the IS. I do care much about handling that's why I put coilovers on my IS (sway bars next) and have an S4 as my daily driver.
Old 06-16-08, 08:59 PM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think I'm one of the few who actually doesn't care about handling and still purchased the coilovers. I bought the coils just so I can lower my car the way I wanted, not to get better handling.
Old 06-16-08, 09:13 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tt061880
I think I'm one of the few who actually doesn't care about handling and still purchased the coilovers. I bought the coils just so I can lower my car the way I wanted, not to get better handling.
+1 i think the stock suspension handles fairly well for being stock. But im getting coils so i can get nice even low drop
Old 06-16-08, 09:16 PM
darkdream
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giggity
The 2IS is not a performance or a tuner car, and majority of people on this board only bought the car because it's a Lexus and they're too young to drive an ES or can't afford a GS.
I would have to disagree with that part of your argument, I think a majority of IS350 owners could of easily bought a GS, but did not want a car that was that big for many reasons and wanted something sportier, but comfortable...one might argue why didn't they get the Lexus's SC design..well its design is really old...

anyways I believe the same, most people did not buy the IS350 for performance reasons, otherwise they could have bought the G37 or 335i for nearly the same money

Last edited by darkdream; 06-16-08 at 09:53 PM.

Quick Reply: This has got to be the slowest section I have ever encountered on any forum....