Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach on AWD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08, 05:45 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ok people just got them installed sorry for all the delays but i wont have pics until tomorrow after i replace my bubble front tire. dam i hate these dunlops but oh well will be upgrading next month. so far i love the ride. only thing is im not confident with the installation from the shop around my house. the guy who installed them didn't even know which is for rear or front springs and he didn't even know wat side is on the top or bottom. im gonna check with my friend this weekend to see if anything bad is done but will post pics tomorrow.
Old 07-22-08, 12:44 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! finally you got your to be installed. man...i can't have pictures today, because!!! said they the tires are not here yet again!!!!!!im so mad, i been waiting for so long, but they said they will have it tmr for sure, so i will try to post pictures tmr.
Old 07-22-08, 09:23 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

almost same as mine,

front

rear

back

Evil Teo, don't worry about the dropping, i felt the same way too, but once my 19" wheels are on, the drops are perfect! i will post new pictures for my new rims. and you will see.
Old 07-22-08, 09:28 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

yea glad to hear that from ya but im still worried about the rears. i wont be gettin new shoes until next month. but i'll wait let me know what rims ur gettin so i can get a picture of wat ur doin. im guessin u have the tanabes dam those look hot. how do u like the exhaust so far?
Old 07-22-08, 09:48 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
yea glad to hear that from ya but im still worried about the rears. i wont be gettin new shoes until next month. but i'll wait let me know what rims ur gettin so i can get a picture of wat ur doin. im guessin u have the tanabes dam those look hot. how do u like the exhaust so far?
what do you worry about for rear?, i don't know why my rear is lower than the front....even the springs drop 1.6" for front and 1.2 for rear=o=" anyway, I had the stock wheels on lowered springs for 5 days, and today i just putted the new rims on, and they look soo good, mine rims are XXR's 006 in black. i like the exhaust, but when i on the freeway, it is little bit annoying for me, because of the noise. i will post pictures tmr. so you will see what i mean about the drop.
Old 07-23-08, 03:59 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

im more worried about my safety actually. like i said the guy didn't know which side was up and bottom of the spring and he got it wrong as well when his manager came out. i will do a checkup on it this weekend at my friend's shop. i would have gotten him to do it but too far and was busy that weekend. plus he is doin my front lip so i didn't want him do both. can't wait for my new shoes just order the tpms.
Old 07-23-08, 04:06 PM
Electric
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It states in the Eibach direction which is up and down, and also, it says "Eibach" on the springs, so right side up is the same way the words are written. That guy who installed them must be a real moron. He should probably stick to oil changes.
Old 07-23-08, 05:48 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

looks like that is my last time goin there. anyways back on topic the springs feel good. its a bit more firm also i have those dam magnet dunlops on. dont know why lexus would choose these kind of tires to put on a lexus. they must be tryin to save some money this way. will upgrade to yokohamas soon and some tsw rims.
Old 07-23-08, 06:45 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Here are the pictures with 19" rims

you guys don't like dunlops? but they are expensive, last time one of my stock tires got broken, and i bought the same one from firestone, it was like 4xx per tire. so i don't think they are trying to save money...
anyway, i hope you guys will like my rims and the drops.
Old 07-23-08, 07:01 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

i think u got ripped from firestone hope u got warranty. love the new rims. the dunlops are $155 from tirerack. i got it 185 shipped nextday. the stealership tried to charge me 400 for the tire alone not the labor and he said labor would be like 100-200 depending on how long it takes. might i add then if any does intend to drop their car. i would recommend gettin new tires as well if ur not gettin rims and tires. im now actually doin some light moddin again but will focus on the lip and shoes now. might i add that i don't hear the infamous clunk noise in the back goin over speed bumps or humps. i used the tein silencer rubber. i used 5 packs=10 rubber rings. i used 5 rings on each rear spring.

Last edited by Evil Teo; 07-23-08 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-23-08, 09:37 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

i don't know, it was like year and half year ago. anyway, i got new rims and tires, so nothing to worry about yet, i still need to do the aillment check on friday, they said need to do it a week after change the springs, and my car is going right side all the time =__=....
for my springs, i don't have the clunk noise problem, so i don't know.
may i ask what is shoes?
im planning to get the wing lip all around in about 2-3 months....man those are so expensive...!
Old 07-24-08, 10:55 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

shoes is a term we use for new rims and tires. i never heard of the wing lip but im sure it will look nice regardless of wat u put on. just make sure the color matches. if u r gettin the ings might i suggest gettin a replica from nextmod. its like 500 something for the whole lip. oh i wanted to ask you this, did u do the illuminated scuff plates for your car?
Old 07-24-08, 01:49 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

oh, im getting the "Nextmod" 's lip, but they call it the wing lip= =" so i don't know, lol! and the thing that you ask me "illuminated scuff plates" i don't understand what is it. sorry for my poor english, please try to explain.
Old 07-24-08, 04:26 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

how much did they do the spring install for??
Old 07-24-08, 06:25 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Scythe
how much did they do the spring install for??
intallnation for the springs was 170.

Quick Reply: Eibach on AWD?