Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Final Rant for AWD Coilovers!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-08, 01:07 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys are looking for an IS250AWD in CA?...am i that guy...? sorry i have poor english...im not sure what are you guys talking about here. how may i help you guys?

Last edited by love67; 07-15-08 at 01:16 AM.
Old 07-15-08, 01:14 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Picture from 2 years ago, lol!
are you talking about test fitting?...eibach and tein said they might use my car for test fit on lowering spring, but they said they will call me if they still want me, and they will not call if they don't want me..it has been 3-4 days now, and they never call, so i don't know what to do now, and i see people are using rwd's springs for AWD, so i just bought the tein-S and going to intall on friday. is it too late now? how much are we talking about? because i don't wanna spell another money for another spring, and coilover are too expensive, i couldn't pay for it. let me know if i misunderstant.
Old 07-15-08, 03:21 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by love67

Picture from 2 years ago, lol!
are you talking about test fitting?...eibach and tein said they might use my car for test fit on lowering spring, but they said they will call me if they still want me, and they will not call if they don't want me..it has been 3-4 days now, and they never call, so i don't know what to do now, and i see people are using rwd's springs for AWD, so i just bought the tein-S and going to intall on friday. is it too late now? how much are we talking about? because i don't wanna spell another money for another spring, and coilover are too expensive, i couldn't pay for it. let me know if i misunderstant.
Love, I myself will contact Tanabe, as well as Tein and a few others to make sure you get a set of coilovers for free. Being that you put your car up for R&D work, you should. Hold off on the installation of the springs, until we can get your car down to the company and have them check out what it is exactly it will take for them to build a set.

THIS IS HUGE GUY'S!!!!
Old 07-15-08, 04:22 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know why the RWD don't fit the AWD?
Is it a matter of clearence?
Is it something that could be corrected with some sort of spacer?
Or is it the valving in the dampner?
Or is it a matter of the stock suspension components going to low and causing stress? Once we figure out why, there are more then enough people on CL that do fab work. To me it would seems easy enough to fit RWD on the AWD...but I haven't tryed it yet.
Old 07-15-08, 05:21 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

the front shock mounts are different.
Old 07-15-08, 05:25 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nabbun
How different? Is there a way to fab some sort of adapter?
Will the backs work as is?
Old 07-15-08, 07:18 AM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Bigwilly has generated a list of some vital questions. I am going to take these to my head tech at lexus, who has done some excellent custom work on his car as well as mine and see what his answers are.

Will contact head companies today(Tanabe,tein,megan) about R&D but I wanted to know if people are willing to put down a deposit to ensure, no backouts as well as production.

-Sam-
Old 07-15-08, 09:21 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

back is supposedly similar. that's why the F-Sport shocks won't work for us. the back fit fine but the fronts don't

last i heard lexus R&D is looking for a cheap fix, otherwise we won't be getting them
Old 07-15-08, 10:35 AM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ExclusivIS
Love, I myself will contact Tanabe, as well as Tein and a few others to make sure you get a set of coilovers for free. Being that you put your car up for R&D work, you should. Hold off on the installation of the springs, until we can get your car down to the company and have them check out what it is exactly it will take for them to build a set.

THIS IS HUGE GUY'S!!!!
do you guys know the chances are? and how long does they take to think about using my car, because it's the best time now until Aug. 2, because i will be out of USA for a month, if it's Aug. we have to do it on september, sorry. also for the R&D, is it have to be stock? my new 19" rims are coming this friday, if i don't lower my car, it's gonna be so ugly, for the R&D, i just need to show them the original parts, right? can i lower my car first on friday, but i will keep the original parts, is it cool? becuase we need never know when it is going to happen...( learn from me, as i said my shop helped call eibach and tein for lowering springs and they both said they might use my car for test fit, but they never call) so please let me know if it really can't.
Old 07-15-08, 11:20 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Big *****
How different? Is there a way to fab some sort of adapter?
Will the backs work as is?
I read on here a while from sewell stating it comes in contact with something else so it simply will not fit.
Old 07-15-08, 12:52 PM
08Lexus250
Rookie

Originally Posted by nabbun
It is definitely different in the front. The front struts of rwd are much longer in length. I actually have a picture of the front struts of an AWD, i'll have to look for it. Its on my desktop somewhere. I can't say the rears are any different though. Atleast not from what I could tell. Coilovers are definitely do-able. Now it's just which company is willing to step up first.
Old 07-15-08, 02:17 PM
Scythe
Lead Lap

ohhh Love it would be awesome if you put your car up for this, you may be the only AWD in cali =p, and the company that makes it would probably give you a complimentary pair (leave the ones they put on your car on...) of them for letting them test on your car
Old 07-15-08, 04:24 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

UPDATE:

Spoke with Tanabe(Reggie), Tein(Ryan), and Megan Racing(Unknown) this morning. As far as Tanabe goes, they said that they do not see a big market in making awd coils. I told them that we have a strong ongoing thread right now, with at least 10 if not more people that are 100% down for them. He said frankly the only thing he see's in their future is springs . Got the same kinda deal from Megan, who told me they would need to build 150 sets in order for something to come through. Unless we get that amount of people signed up on our list, I don't see anything pulling through from them.

However, TEIN was a bit more responsive. Ryan told me first of all that they had a test awd car down there about a month or so ago for the same reason. He didn't know the result, or if they were in fact testing for coilovers. He took all my info down, and said he was going to call me back to let me know some progress info.

Guess it's just up to us to get more and more members signed up for our "list", and see where it goes from there.
Old 07-15-08, 06:32 PM
Stealth.GS
Rookie

1. ExclusivIS
2. Nabbun
3. Mikez
4. PaPaHoFF
5. Lexboi250
6. Muggy
7. Scythe
8. strausj22
9. Stealth.GS

Really hope this works. Keep up the good work guys!
Old 07-15-08, 08:09 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stealth.GS
1. ExclusivIS
2. Nabbun
3. Mikez
4. PaPaHoFF
5. Lexboi250
6. Muggy
7. Scythe
8. strausj22
9. Stealth.GS

Really hope this works. Keep up the good work guys!
should i add my name into the list?

Quick Reply: Final Rant for AWD Coilovers!