Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Eibach prokit vs F-sport (is Eibach .5 lower in front)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-08, 04:02 PM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach prokit vs F-sport (is Eibach .5 lower in front)

First of all I have used the search function extensively and have found 2 posts saying that the Eibach sits .5 inch lower. But then I have found some posts saying that they are essentially the same spring, jsut different paint.

Then I have read on this forum that the Eibach stated 1inch and .8 inch drop is referenced from the sport package suspension which is already .5 inches lower than stock. So my question is, which is it? Are they 1 inch drop from the normal suspension or are they 1 inch from the sport package? and are the eibach's lower than the f-sport.

I am trying to decide b/w eibach, f-sport and tein s-tech. I do not want to worry about scraping too much cuz the streets in houston suck. I will be mating the springs with the f-sport shocks and later on going with 19's. thanks for your help.

Thanks in advance for any help, I am struggling with this.

Last edited by JiggaWATT; 07-13-08 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-13-08, 04:25 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 92 Likes on 66 Posts
Post i feel you

Originally Posted by JiggaWATT
First of all I have used the search function extensively and have found 2 posts saying that the Eibach sits .5 inch lower. But then I have found some posts saying that they are essentially the same spring, jsut different paint.

Then I have read on this forum that the Eibach stated 1inch and .8 inch drop is referenced from the sport package suspension which is already .5 inches lower than stock. So my question is, which is it? Are they 1 inch drop from the normal suspension or are they 1 inch from the sport package? and are the eibach's lower than the f-sport.

I am trying to decide b/w eibach, f-sport and tein s-tech. I do not want to worry about scraping too much cuz the streets in houston suck. I will be mating the springs with the f-sport shocks and later on going with 19's. thanks for your help.

Thanks in advance for any help, I am struggling with this.
i did a lot of research about this, and i'm telling you that alot of CL members here are very helpfu(such as PASSNU2,VIKH and PROJECTDNA)... I was on your situation before... but i made up my mind based on the CL members who have experienced on their suspenion... I decided to go with the S-tech.. i just lowered my car last week and looks really good, however i'm still waiting for the spring to settled... i hope this helps your decision making..
Old 07-13-08, 05:21 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i can't confirm it, but i've read somewhere here in the 2is forums that the f-sport springs are essentially re-badged eibach pro-kits. maybe javyLSU can chime in on this?

as far as the debate between the f-sport and the eibach prokits are concerned, i don't have experience with either, so i can't comment on either. however, for those looking for a slightly more aggressive drop (1.6" in the front, 1" in the rear), i do recommend the s-techs. a lot of 2is owners - myself included - run s-techs and like them. and as i said in your other thread, i've had mine for a year, and i've been happy since day one.

here's the thing though; i went with s-techs because i wanted to keep the stock shocks. if you plan on ditching the stock 2is shocks and going w/ f-sport shocks w/ your aftermarket springs, maybe you should consider going w/ coilovers. it's definitely pricier, but you're already going to be spending a premium on the f-sport shocks; i don't see why you shouldn't take the next step "up" and run coilovers.

regardless, good luck, and keep us updated.
Old 07-16-08, 02:50 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is250 kit drops f/r 1.4/1.0 inches
is350 kit drops f/r 1.0/0.8 inches
Old 07-18-08, 07:31 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

The IS350 Pro-kit is simply not low enough. I'm not very happy with it, and to top it off these cars don't sit level unless you get coilovers.
Old 07-18-08, 10:47 AM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

do u have any pics of your car. i just got my fsport shocks in mail and my tein s will be here monday. will post pics after it settles.

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
The IS350 Pro-kit is simply not low enough. I'm not very happy with it, and to top it off these cars don't sit level unless you get coilovers.
Old 07-18-08, 11:23 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

The initial drop with F-Sport is 1" all around. This settles to ~1.2" after a couple weeks.
Old 07-18-08, 11:26 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

IMO...this is how the car should come looking from the factory, not after a "drop". After the install even my mother thought it didn't look any different. I wish I went with the Tein S-Tech's or at least the Pro-kit for the 250's. Hopefully the 20's will fill the wheel well out a little more.

Old 07-18-08, 01:38 PM
kainoa67
Rookie

Originally Posted by D.Jobin
IMO...this is how the car should come looking from the factory, not after a "drop". After the install even my mother thought it didn't look any different. I wish I went with the Tein S-Tech's or at least the Pro-kit for the 250's. Hopefully the 20's will fill the wheel well out a little more.

what are you using here?
Old 07-18-08, 02:06 PM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Eibach Pro-kit for 350
Old 07-20-08, 09:53 PM
05LSV
Lead Lap

wow, that isn't a big drop at all. How long have the springs been installed? Maybe they will settle a bit and give you more of a drop?

Maybe the key with Eibach is going with the IS250 Prokit on the IS350.
Old 07-21-08, 06:16 AM
D.Jobin
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 05LSV
wow, that isn't a big drop at all. How long have the springs been installed? Maybe they will settle a bit and give you more of a drop?

Maybe the key with Eibach is going with the IS250 Prokit on the IS350.
3 weeks. It actually sat higher then this last week. I measured last night, to the bottom of the fender up the center line of the wheel is 25 1/2" and the passenger side sits a little higher at 25 3/4".