Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein S-Tech owners please chime in

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-08 | 04:32 PM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

Default Tein S-Tech owners please chime in

Thanks for taking the time to view this thread. not trying to beat a dead horse.

Have you guys experienced the clunking sound that is infamous with the Eibach and some F-sport springs?

How much lower did your cars settle? I have heard that tein springs can sag at times and am afraid to get anything too low for the poor streets of houston.

S-tech owners.. still loving your drop? scrape much?

thank you
Old 07-13-08 | 04:48 PM
chris07is
Pole Position

Cool perfect..looks good

Originally Posted by JiggaWATT
Thanks for taking the time to view this thread. not trying to beat a dead horse.

Have you guys experienced the clunking sound that is infamous with the Eibach and some F-sport springs?

How much lower did your cars settle? I have heard that tein springs can sag at times and am afraid to get anything too low for the poor streets of houston.

S-tech owners.. still loving your drop? scrape much?

thank you
its not even too low.. looks very clean...perfect IMO
Old 07-13-08 | 04:56 PM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

thanks man, appreciate your input on both the threads
Old 07-13-08 | 05:07 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^ search pics of my car and you will see how the drop looks. Its a perfect drop for a spring and perfect ride. I have no noise or issues with mine at all
Old 07-13-08 | 05:13 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

going on a year with my s-techs, and i don't have any issues with them.

though i'm interested as to where you saw/heard that s-techs sag...
Old 07-13-08 | 05:42 PM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

Default thanks guys

I have saved every picture that you guys have posted onto my pc, so i can make my decision. the post about sag was in a thread where lobuxracer was talking about the top 3 suspension manufacturers. someone mentioned tein being in the 3rd tier behind H&R and eibach and that their teins have sagged in the past. love the way teins and prokits look, im leaning toward tein because they dont have the clunking noise issue, but im slightly hessitant cuz they are more aggressive than im looking for. I do not want to go with coil overs because i do not want anything too sporty, i do not plan to track nor do i want to have them rebuilt after 30k miles. I had eibach and yellow koni's on my old e46 bmw and loved the way they felt so im trying to replicate it if possible.
Old 07-13-08 | 06:23 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

^^ I have had no sag problems. I have had H&R in the past and they make great stuff hands down. They are geared more towards the euro market IMO. Eibachs I have never owned but know many people who have. I have seen 5+ cars lined up "all" with the same suspension from Eibach and they all sat at different levels??? I will never purchase from them for this reason.

From what I have read the Tein is going to be similar in ride to what the Eibach will offer but just lower. Its the lowest you can get with springs...then you are in the Coils arena for $$$...."or" as llamboiz will tell you get "air runners" and he just may sponsor you j/k...

I will post pics later this week if possible. I am back to OEM status and just pushed the rears out 23mm with spacers and its right there. I am waiting for the fronts to arrive but the car drives so much better with them just on the rear along with the drop
Old 07-13-08 | 07:47 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

I have them and love them more now then ever since they settled. No noise, rides super nice, perfect drop, very even when compared to other springs out there. Buy them and I promise you, you wont be disappointed.
Old 07-13-08 | 07:51 PM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

Default glad you wrote , i have been meaning to ask you

I keep looking at the picture in your sig. It looks absolutely sexy, but that is waaay to low for my driving lifestyle. is that what they look like after they settle? or is that photochopped, or did you cut coils.

It looks sick but it is a bit too low for me.

Originally Posted by iSuxeL
I have them and love them more now then ever since they settled. No noise, rides super nice, perfect drop, very even when compared to other springs out there. Buy them and I promise you, you wont be disappointed.
Old 07-13-08 | 08:04 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

if that is too low try the tein h tech. seems pretty good. tein suspension is good i would have gotten them but i had a good deal on the eibachs and that i didn't want to deal with counterfeit but im sure club lexus members can point you in the right direction from where to get them. you can check our vendors as well. pretty good prices if u ask me.
Old 07-13-08 | 08:21 PM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

His sig pic confuses me. I look at ProjectDNA and PassNu2's pics and they do not look tucked like his signature pic. H-tech is not aggressive enough for me. i plan to get 19s and am afraid it will not look low enough. I know.. i cant believe this purchase is so difficult for me. thanks for everyone's input. seems like the s-tech has great reviews and no clunking issues so far. makes my decision easier. Just want to make sure before i pull the trigger on this within the next few days.

Originally Posted by Evil Teo
if that is too low try the tein h tech. seems pretty good. tein suspension is good i would have gotten them but i had a good deal on the eibachs and that i didn't want to deal with counterfeit but im sure club lexus members can point you in the right direction from where to get them. you can check our vendors as well. pretty good prices if u ask me.
Old 07-14-08 | 12:50 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

iSuxeL's 2is looks mad tucked because he's got a kit and some ovesized rims. at least that would be my guess.

looking at my 2is now, my rears tuck in nicely w/ about a half-finger's worth of space, and my fronts are around one finger's worth. i might have to check it out again in the morning to confirm this.
Old 07-14-08 | 05:47 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I keep looking at the picture in your sig. It looks absolutely sexy, but that is waaay to low for my driving lifestyle. is that what they look like after they settle? or is that photochopped, or did you cut coils.

It looks sick but it is a bit too low for me.
its not that low as you see in his sig pic. If he is like that then he does haver oversized rims/tires. My guess is its a pic that was created for his sig and perhaps what he wanted his car to look like! Dont forget some people are good at editing pics if that is the case.

His sig pic confuses me. I look at ProjectDNA and PassNu2's pics and they do not look tucked like his signature pic. H-tech is not aggressive enough for me. i plan to get 19s and am afraid it will not look low enough. I know.. i cant believe this purchase is so difficult for me. thanks for everyone's input. seems like the s-tech has great reviews and no clunking issues so far. makes my decision easier. Just want to make sure before i pull the trigger on this within the next few days.
What you see on my car and projectdna is how they look. I have done nothing to my car to alter anything on how the drop looks and same goes for projectdna...

Originally Posted by projectdna
iSuxeL's 2is looks mad tucked because he's got a kit and some ovesized rims. at least that would be my guess.

looking at my 2is now, my rears tuck in nicely w/ about a half-finger's worth of space, and my fronts are around one finger's worth. i might have to check it out again in the morning to confirm this.
agree
Old 07-14-08 | 08:27 AM
JiggaWATT
Rookie

Default best place to buy these springs

whats the best place to get legitimate tein s-tech springs.
Old 07-14-08 | 10:57 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
What you see on my car and projectdna is how they look. I have done nothing to my car to alter anything on how the drop looks and same goes for projectdna...
+1. qft.

whats the best place to get legitimate tein s-tech springs.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=364759

not that i'm giving them free advertising, but just pointing you in the right direction. and by supporting clublexus vendors, you are in turn supporting clublexus, blah blah blah... you get the idea.

Quick Reply: Tein S-Tech owners please chime in