Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Adjustable Rear Camber For Gs98-05

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-09, 01:47 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MJImport
I installed the EXACT rear camber kit a few weeks ago and have been driving another car until I can get it aligned. I took it to a Lexus shop and they respectfully declined to pursue the work due to excessive corrosion and the possibility that the rear tie rods (toe adjusters) may need to be torched out. So, the service manager suggested another shop that specializes in custom fab work, exhaust, racing applications, etc.

My car is now at the new shop but I am waiting for them to look at it tomorrow to get the verdict. The techs that have looked at it so far are afraid the OEM rear toe link will not allow enough adjustment to bring it back to spec.

I have done lots of research here and elsewhere and have not read anything about requiring an aftermarket or custom toe adjustment after a mild drop.

The shop should be able to get the toe back to near-factory spec. right?

I would like to arm myself with more information before I speak to the shop manager again tomorrow. Thanks guys!
I replied before but here's more.

This kit has been installed and proven in enough cars to know that the toe, caster and camber can be put to spec.

This issue is not about the camber kit, this is about the condition of your suspension and your installers being gun shy to mess with something they know little about. There are definitely concerns about aging & overall wear and tear of your suspension over the years. It could be slightly bent from pot holes, previous accidents, there are a ton of joints and suspension parts that can get whacked out.

No “smart” shop will guarantee you to get the toe in spec.

One suggestion is for the alignment guys to loosen the suspension for max toe out, before bringing it back to toe in spec. This is a good way to help free up a frozen setting to get you a bit more freedom of travel and get that last degree of needed toe.

If all else fails there is an aftermarket adjustment arm available for the GS that has more range of toe adjustability. Given the condition of your suspension, it might not be a bad idea to do this, but def don’t spend money on custom fab, that’s un-necessary.

This is my last post before the 3 day holiday so I’m off.
Old 05-26-09, 08:33 AM
J0hnP
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they all out of stock for the Rear and Front at exact? I cannot find a link to purchase them, I may just give a call later.

Also, I just had my first camber blow-out, which was pretty annoying being that +90% was left on my tire haha, so I figured it was time for the kit.

Does anyone have this installed with the OEM GS400 17" 5 bars?
Old 05-26-09, 11:50 AM
EXACT
Club Lexus Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J0hnP
Are they all out of stock for the Rear and Front at exact? I cannot find a link to purchase them, I may just give a call later.

Also, I just had my first camber blow-out, which was pretty annoying being that +90% was left on my tire haha, so I figured it was time for the kit.

Does anyone have this installed with the OEM GS400 17" 5 bars?
Hi, all GS owners, we finally have the rear RCA in stock. We will continue to offer all the members with our low price for $299.99+tax a pair, front RCA $179.99+ tax a pair. We have both front & rear RCA in stock. So place your order now! You can pay by pay pal at email address exactmotorsports@aol.com. Thanks to all the member for continue supporting us.

(408) 416 - 0061
(408) 263 - 8100

www.exactmotorsports.com
Old 03-27-15, 12:03 PM
702GS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EXACT
Hi, all GS owners, we finally have the rear RCA in stock. We will continue to offer all the members with our low price for $299.99+tax a pair, front RCA $179.99+ tax a pair. We have both front & rear RCA in stock. So place your order now! You can pay by pay pal at email address exactmotorsports@aol.com. Thanks to all the member for continue supporting us.
Is this offer still valid? I just had a rear camber blow out and am looking at picking these up. While we are on the subject of this, what toe adjustment part should we be getting to match with these parts?