Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anybody using Megan Racing Coilover for more than a year?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-08, 07:22 PM
mgzt
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anybody using Megan Racing Coilover for more than a year?

Mind kindly share your feedback on this? About to purchase one.
Thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-08, 02:17 PM
markesc
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had mine since spring of '07....great setup for the money. I also have new LCA, daizen camber kit front and rear, swaybar bushings; so sometimes it can seem a bit harsh on those 25mph bumpy residential roads. For the longest time I actually was making a major bonehead move and adjusting the ride height of the car in my driveway, which isn't level but appears level to the eye. Upon getting this issue figured out, I've removed all doubts that this is a great setup

If I had to do it again, since this is a Lexus, I feel it would truly be a better move to have gone with a system you can adjust in the car, I know Tein offers the EDFC....my friend has a 350z with a Tanabe setup that does the same thing.

I could go way way way lower than this, but I like being able to push the car to the limits in the corners without the fronts rubbing (245's)...

Mine:
Old 07-18-08, 09:05 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

megan chit is....well chit. you get a bad ride when you slam the car because you limit the shock travel. this doesnt happen on stances because the lower shock mount is threaded so when you lower the car you dont reduce the shock travel at all. thus retaining a decent ride even when riding LOOOOW. save yourself some hassle and get some Stance coilovers.
Old 07-20-08, 02:40 PM
scredlex
Lead Lap

ive had them for a little bit over half a year and theyre holding up well... imo the ride isnt bad at all..i havent heard any complaints by other users as well. all ive heard has been positive feedback by sc users..
Old 07-20-08, 07:55 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
megan chit is....well chit. you get a bad ride when you slam the car because you limit the shock travel. this doesnt happen on stances because the lower shock mount is threaded so when you lower the car you dont reduce the shock travel at all. thus retaining a decent ride even when riding LOOOOW. save yourself some hassle and get some Stance coilovers.
Can you explain exactly how the Megans are different from Stance in respect to shock travel?
Old 07-20-08, 10:03 PM
slowmedown
Rookie

i havent had megans on my sc. but i enjoyed them on my mk3 supra the ride was okay considering the spring rates were pretty high. they were quality imo made by the same company that makes apexi coilovers
Old 07-21-08, 11:11 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
megan coilovers are also threaded body, so you can adjust the height without compromising shock travel...

ive been running these coilovers for about a year and a half and havnt had a problem since these are soft when adjusted, and stiff when needed also. great coilovers for the dollar you pay.

Last edited by jgdynamics; 07-21-08 at 11:14 PM.
Old 07-21-08, 11:20 PM
benxd
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
megan coilovers are also threaded body, so you can adjust the height without compromising shock travel...

ive been running these coilovers for about a year and a half and havnt had a problem since these are soft when adjusted, and stiff when needed also. great coilovers for the dollar you pay.
Aww man I was waiting for him to come in here with some more of his nonsense! He sure likes to give opinions on things he knows nothing about and it was about time someone called him out on it.

MEGANS daily driven
Old 07-21-08, 11:54 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by benxd
Aww man I was waiting for him to come in here with some more of his nonsense! He sure likes to give opinions on things he knows nothing about and it was about time someone called him out on it.

MEGANS daily driven
yea, some people like to downplay products they have never used.

nice slam... looks like were both tuckin 19's
Old 07-22-08, 09:40 AM
mgzt
Rookie

Thanks for the feed back guys
Old 07-22-08, 11:00 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

my bad on the earlier comment. i was thinking of some of the tein and older JIC coilovers. i havent use megans personally. some of my friends have them on their 240's. some had very good reviews while a couple totally were dissatisfied. i know of only one person that i personally spoke to that has megans on an SC and he didnt like them.

maybe i like stance better because most of my friends run them on everything from an EK hatch to FC's, IS300, S13, and SC's. i have driven most of their cars and i have absolutely nothing negative to say. at least for me customer service and such would be easy too because there is a distributor locally too.

hopefully this week i will be picking up a set of Hypermax II's. planning to go to gingerman on august 12th and get some track time. either way im getting some stance's in october so then i will write a comparison of tokico/eibach vs. hks vs. stance.
Old 07-23-08, 03:38 AM
Turbo?
Pole Position

how much did you guys pay for your setups... i cant find anything anywhere for my car its rediculous send me a link so i can order some good coilovers plz!

Last edited by Turbo?; 07-23-08 at 03:46 AM.
Old 07-23-08, 10:45 PM
SCweet guy
Rookie

Megans = garbage...

well ive had my megans on my sc for 10 months b4 1 of them blew! yes, blew! so i went to megan in west covina so they can give me a replacement as its still covered by the 1 year manufacturer warranty... they saw it was blown and said they would give me two new ones for the fronts... they didnt have any in stock(which was kinda wierd cuz arent they suppose to have a bunch of ish at the warehouse)... so they said they would put in a order from overseas...

3 months later, and still no replacements.. trust... ive been calling(at least once a month) and letting them know i still want my ish... to top it all, i called last week and they said that the shipment from overseas came in, but it didnt have my two replacement coilovers!!!!!

ill keep u guys tuned in when, or if ever, i get my replacement coils..

megans are nice for the price, but u get what u pay for!!!! go with something else bro...
Old 07-25-08, 05:12 AM
mgzt
Rookie

I changed my mind about Megan, bought BuddyClub instead. I appreciate the feedback guys.
Old 08-04-08, 09:50 PM
TougeSC3
Lexus Champion

Maybe I'll look into getting a set of Megans

Quick Reply: Anybody using Megan Racing Coilover for more than a year?