Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: Does your F-Sport equipped car feel floaty at high speeds over dips?
Yes
50.00%
No
50.00%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

F-Sport Suspension Problem (High Speed Float)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-08, 04:49 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chris07is
hey vik and mike...whats going on fellows? you guys remember me? LOL.. hey so far my Stech seems pretty good to me...i dont feel any floaty on any dips...i mean... drive here in SO.CAL and our roads are miserable... sometimes, i kinda feel it though, but it depends how deep is dip on a high speed...seems fine to me...
I think this problem is isolated to the F-Sport Shocks.

Originally Posted by ba-b4
Yeah I think with good coilovers you can adjust for that rebound and compression damping with F sport shocks there's no adjustments to be had so you're stuck with what we have. I had a thread complaining about the f sport setup not absorbing the irregularities in the road as well as before. Not sure why the shocks and springs aren't match up well? There's lots of folks with the f springs only and not the shocks together. Maybe it's so that people can buy them seperately and have them work ok with just the stock shocks. I think if they sold as just a matched set only far less people would get them.
I think most people just buy F Springs since the F Shocks are triple the price. They make more money splitting the suspension parts up.

Anyone else with F Shocks have this problem?
Old 07-27-08, 05:12 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by VikH
You should know a lot about the car being floaty since you lifted your IS

I have another thread the complains about a VALID F-Sport issue (clunk). This thread is more theoretical and I am not sure if it's an actual issue. I will take you on a top speed run in the car and you will know what I am talking about. When you go over a dip the car literally launches you up out your seat. However, this could be due to the car hugging the road and me feeling a roller coaster effect.

LOL. The black car isn't mine. Maybe when you get an M3 I'll get an M3 too.
do you think they will give us a better deal if we trade in 2 IS350's at once. Once with the engine sounding like its going to blow up and the other that is floaty over bumps
Old 07-27-08, 09:02 PM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

hrmmsss...i don't feel my car floating when i take on a big dip, it feels pretty connected, the only thing that bother me is how stiff this suspension setup is, its like riding in my old car with a set of Tein SS on full hard
Old 07-27-08, 09:33 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

I think you need to edit the poll, so people that vote yes or no can specify whether they have the f-sport shocks or not. just a thought, will be much easier to identify if it's a cause from the shocks.
Old 07-27-08, 09:36 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyIS25
hrmmsss...i don't feel my car floating when i take on a big dip, it feels pretty connected, the only thing that bother me is how stiff this suspension setup is, its like riding in my old car with a set of Tein SS on full hard
you have both the "F" springs & shocks?
Old 07-28-08, 01:51 AM
fdelement
Driver

i just have the springs and the ride quality definity went down. Car floats a lot and I feel like the car bottoms out as well. Maybe I should of cut the bump stops a bit. Or I should of just man up and buy coilovers
Old 07-28-08, 07:43 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

please specify whether you have only the springs or springs and shocks when you vote yes or no.

if my car was a rwd, i'd definitly spend the extra money and get coils, and you'll also get an even drop all around.
Old 08-04-08, 12:28 PM
fluxx
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fdelement
Car floats a lot and I feel like the car bottoms out as well.
i only have the f-sport springs as vikh mentioned, but i have never once had my car bottom out even with a full load. for example this past weekend i was toating around me (175lbs), my girlfriend (120lbs) in the front seats. as for the back seat my brother (180lbs), sister (120lbs) and their friend about 170lbs and my car never once bottomed out. If anyone lives in the orlando area driving down 417, dean and those roads you know how crappy they are. i was driving like a maniac because i was late for several different events including my brothers graduation. but no bottoming out.

the only difference ive noticed is the car being stiffer, but zero on the floaty side.
Old 08-12-08, 11:17 AM
JohnnyIS25
Lexus Test Driver

i have both shocks and springs
Old 08-14-08, 11:24 AM
llhelix
Rookie

I agree, I think the car does feel floaty at high speeds. I also have the clunking sound problem. I have the F-Sport shocks and springs on my IS350.
Old 08-14-08, 05:19 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

so i installed fsport springs, no floaty problem. i only have springs, how ever, i do hear clunk noise.
Old 08-14-08, 05:41 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

use the parking brake and see if that helps if not i suggest usin tein silencer rubber. i have eibach which is close to fsport or probably is the fsport spring. no clunk noise for me. u will need i think 5 pairs or package. wat happen with ur road magnets?
Old 08-14-08, 06:31 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

From everyone who has posted so far, it sounds like this issue is isolated to the F-Sport Shocks. This is very interesting because I would not expect this to be the cause. Even JiggaWATT who has F Shocks and Tein S springs feels the float. Can anyone chime in as to why the Bilstein Shocks are performing like this? I have only heard good things about Bilstein. Maybe the shocks were not tested on our car thoroughly enough.

Just to recap: People with F-Sport Shock equipped cars feel the car is MORE floaty over high speed dips than stock.
Old 11-04-12, 04:50 PM
chikoo
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the f-sport shocks with factory springs and at speeds over 60mph the car is bouncy with all my fat juggling under my shirt. But this has been reducing and I hope it goes away after a few hundred miles more.
Old 11-05-12, 08:54 AM
zydus
Driver School Candidate

I have Fsport shocks with H&R springs. I don't really seem to get the floaty feel when I go over dips at high speed. Maybe I just don't know what it should feel like :P.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Suspension Problem (High Speed Float)