Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

A qustion for anyone with coilovers.... Your advice would be appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-08, 06:44 PM
shomann
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't really comment yet - but based almost entirely on the advice here on CL, I have in my trunk right this very second a brand new set of Tein CS V.2 (from Sewell - man those guys are good!). I cant wait to install them. You can tell just from looking at them they are a really high quality product.

The only other experience I have had with lowered cars was my 2000 Nissan Maxima on "sport" springs and questionable struts. The ride was...well less than nice
Old 08-21-08, 12:39 PM
Yea Buddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try the search function. There are extremely extensive reviews on coilover brands and what they feel like and how low they go and of course, quality. I have one favorited on my laptop. Lemme know if you need it after trying the search function (yes I know asking is easier, but this question has been asked I dont know how many times).
Old 08-21-08, 08:00 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Got my Insurance coilovers in, ride is as good as stock if not better lowered about 3" and on half way damper adjust. spring tension left as it was out of the box. still havent had an alignment done (got them in nearly 2 weeks ago).

Coco bun - whats up with the cheap Jap ones? i thought they would be better than cheap Chinese type ones off ebay or wahtever, but i suppose they are the Japanese equivalent of that!

Macd - i assume you mean link to the site i use? as i say it is australian and i don't know if it goes international. that said, it does help with navigating around and if you copy just the Yahoo Japan Auction part of the web address you can provide it to whoever and get them to bid/buy for you (that's what i did for my coilovers). the site is www.importmonster.com.au

btw here is my car on the insurance coils
Old 08-21-08, 09:01 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

^ thats sick! slammed on 16s!
Old 08-25-08, 11:22 AM
sjlex
Driver

i went with megan coilovers and don't regret it at all. Picked it up for less then 850 shipped from M1 motorsports (vendor). The ride is very good, slightly stiffer then stock and i'm tucking all four corners. One thing you have to worry about when slamming is on the GS the control arms will hit your fenderwell at sharp dips in the road. Other then that, i've had coilovers on my past two cars and the rides don't come close to the megans i have on my lexus. I have the megan racing LP series btw. Another thing is you will have to adjust the spring perch on the fronts with the megans since adjusting the shock body alone will leave a 1 or 2 finger gap.
Old 08-25-08, 12:12 PM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

Zeal Function XS, if you can pony-up and wait about a month for delivery. I have them on both my GS and SC and they are very good performers, although a little too stiff for some. Handling wise, they are excellent and beat my former CS handsdown. I never bottom with the Zeals and i used to with the CS even on full stiff damping. Keep in mind, I have daizen sways, fornt and rear STB's and all of the Tom's under chassis bracing - so I like it firm and more sporty than cushy.
Old 08-29-08, 05:57 AM
goodstuff
Driver School Candidate

Default Help For The Track

guys you have some bad rides. i have a client who is interested in turning his 1999 gs400 into a track only car . no street driving. i have done some searching but have not found a good answer. i kinda need to do this in a hurry ( if i have to order and wait that is ok i just need to get moving on this project for a client of mine). i have brembo 355 gt kit for the front but not installed yet ( and i can still return it ) if you guys that have much more experence than me think there is a better set of brakes. i got a heck of a deal on the brembos as my wd wanted to get them out of inventory. i know it needs the trany cooler, sways, toms bracing, coilovers,wheels 18" with these brakes,and i dont know what else???????????? can someone give me which ones of these as far as brand annd links would be great. also what brake pads for this car for the track with stock calipers and with the brembos or if you guys think there is a better bbk out there. i work on mostly vettes so this car puts me a little out of my normal . any input and links woul dbe greatly appreciated. like i saqid i dont mind waiting on quality and i know my client wont but i dont want to put him off on at least getting the stuff ordered. thanks bob