Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Just lowered 93 sc4!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-08, 08:31 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Just lowered 93 sc4!!

So despite all the hastle i hear about lowering it yourself i did it anyway. I should have snapped some pics of the process and posted them to all the people who are weary of the install. Any way i Used "trd" struts and shocks (they guy i bought them from said they were trd) off a supra and BG spring 2" drop from a supra as well. This combo is super nice handles well and makes the car look agressive. I will post pics once i wash the car and paint my calipers in a few days! I may even snap a few shots of the springs and provide a step by step to help anyone that needs it!

mark
Old 08-11-08, 01:27 AM
scfocus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How was the installation? Time? Difficulty?
Old 08-11-08, 03:57 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Once i figured out what exactly is the minimum that needs to be done it was quick. the fastest i did for the back was 20 min and the front 45 min! That damn bolt on the wash bottle is hard...well if your huge like me. Overall it was easy though, no spring compressors needed. I did it with a 19mm socket and wrench, 17mm socket, 14 mm socket and wrench, 12mm socket and a 10 mm socket. Oh and a screw driver and hammer to get those long bolts out. Obviously a jack stands and proper saftey to make sure it doesnt roll or fall on you. Ill try and snap some pics tues or wed and post them with a step by step process if it helps!
Old 08-11-08, 04:49 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, i plan on doing mine soon, too
Old 08-11-08, 12:06 PM
Turbo?
Pole Position

so you didnt use a spring compressor... i knew there was a way.. but it must of being hard an dangerous.. i jsut oreder my setup, and i think ill manage without a spring compressor but we shall see i will be posting a step by step too... i herd it wasnt that hard to do the suspension... ill have my friend there to guide me while i do this setup.. but post pics on how you got the cap off without the springs flying up in your face...
Old 08-11-08, 12:15 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Why would you even bother doing it without a spring compressor? It's $40 at autozone and you bring it back when you are done...
Old 08-11-08, 12:19 PM
rwdanthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SClean4
nice, i plan on doing mine soon, too
i keep hearing you say your going to drop it, im just waiting on for pics
Old 08-11-08, 04:03 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

well while the shock assembly is still in the car you can use a 17mm socket to loosen the strut/shock cap. After you pull it out just remove the nut. The spring compressor is used to take the pressure off the nut since its like impossible (not really but go with it) to remove it then you pop it off and loosen the spring compressor. Keep in mind your not supposed to use air tools on the assembly. Really simple actually, saves you a trip to autozone, having to leave a deposit, go back and have them credit it back and take the chance of them not doing it right. ( i have had some crazy experiences with them)
Old 08-12-08, 02:17 PM
Turbo?
Pole Position

the way i see how you can remove the assembly, without the spring compressor. is while your car is jacked up, you take your jack and put it underneath the assembly, jack it up, loosen the nut for the cap, and drop the assembly, then take it out... wouldnt that just work as well.. thats how i see it would work... but i could be wrong.. let me know my springs and struts are arriving on friday.. and i dont want to do anything stupid here..
Old 08-15-08, 01:24 AM
Mattmannz
Pole Position

Use the spring compressor, it's a lot easier. Remove the struts and use the compressor on the assembly when it's out on the ground. Easy to do.

Matt.
Old 08-15-08, 08:32 AM
SClean4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by product.sc
i keep hearing you say your going to drop it, im just waiting on for pics
When I find a deal on some nice coilovers so it could take some time. Money's a little tight right now. I'm actually pleased with it as-is but I know lowering it will make it look so much better, just have to worry then about the negatives of lowering, like camber, and I want my camber to be correct and not cause any premature/uneven tire wear.
Old 08-15-08, 11:03 AM
dunahoo
Pole Position

your selling your wheels on craigslist arent you sclean4? if not, the car looks identical
Old 08-19-08, 01:28 AM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

post pics. do the wash and calipers later
Old 08-19-08, 08:28 AM
xx69xx
Lead Lap

The way i always took off the top mount wasnt with a compressor. I laid the suspension on the ground stepped on the spring and shock and used an airgun to unbolt the nut. (always do this near a wall and pointed at it the top mount will fly out.)
Old 01-14-09, 05:57 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

I just realized i never posted a pic of the car dropped! So here it is!
Attached Thumbnails Just lowered 93 sc4!!-sc-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Just lowered 93 sc4!!