Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Rear strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-08, 10:36 PM
LexAnt
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in all honesty, the rear stb is pretty much useless. my friend was ordering some parts from japan at the same time so i'd figure i'd throw my hundred in there to save on some shipping. the rear of the SC is pretty sturdy so a stb back there isn't really needed.
Old 08-19-08, 01:12 AM
1GStoEnvy
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats a nice strut bar...
Old 08-19-08, 04:28 PM
soarer479
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by nobleblack
Oh god are you serious lol. Friggin import E bates and E ego's with the rolling eyes.

Tell you what. If your so sure there isn't one then put your money where your mouth is, because I'm not about to buy a strut bar to just shut you up. Send me the $155 and i'll post the pic of the bar on my car. If i'm wrong I'll send you back the money with an additional $50.

People told me there wasn't a veilside bar for the civic yet I had one on there. People told me that lht performance didn't make headers for supercharged civics yet I had one. I've had some te37's painted in top secret gold by rays engineering. I had people hate because of 1 sticker a mag or net told them should be on to make it official. They swore it was another color but when I brought up that the fact it doesn't match any of the golds they mentioned or the ones rays had and the wheels were special order. I had a shop request that color from rays they still remained in denial. I brought up the fact that the color and wheel has been on and off since the late 90's and other people that had it verified it as such. Still they couldn't handle the fact they, the net and option mags could be innacurate. My point is not everything is on the net or is going to be out there like BUY ME!!

Oh and your attempt to try and play off the fact you were wrong is accepted. Actually no before you comment on the company I'd actually think about these points.

1. If it is a knock off company then that would emply it's a knockoff which means a copy, which means there was an actual part.

2. Who here is fluent in reading symbols and jdm characters? And who here knows every part ever made for the sc300?

3. Hoebag could be right but wouldn't they have their logo on it much like password jdm etc does when they copy other peoples ish. It's a jdm company they do it different. Not to mention have you looked at their ish? Just cause you haven't heard of the company doesn't mean it's a knockoff company.

Do you actually read the stuff you put? Your stating your lack of current info on the matter yet your trying to call me out by telling me to have mine straight. Your most recent update on the product brand was a few years back. When I checked with a friend on the bar months ago. Then you were proved wrong and you try to play it off by discrediting a company who's page you can't even read. cmon...

i have a current catalog and price sheet even for items only stocked in japan. just give me a part number i have no problem calling it in to find out. i would love for you to prove me wrong because it would be nice if they made one.

edit
you actually are correct after two phone calls to jic they might make one haha no they do but the us office has no clue so i called japan for you . special order from japan and not available yet but will be soon

Last edited by soarer479; 08-19-08 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-19-08, 04:49 PM
T70Soarer
Rookie

Originally Posted by soarer479
i have a current catalog and price sheet even for items only stocked in japan. just give me a part number i have no problem calling it in to find out. i would love for you to prove me wrong because it would be nice if they made one.

edit
hm yah hate to be a **** but you actually made me doubt myself so i called jic and they do not and have never made a rear strut bar for an sc or a soarer so if you want to save yourself some time and just send me the 50 bucks you can pm me for my paypal but please keep searching for it im sure you will find it some day!
haha^^ i actually heard the telephone conversation....
Old 08-24-08, 09:03 PM
SCoupe
Lexus Test Driver

The bars (especially rear) have dubious value because the car is stiff to begin with, particularly the rear of the SC. They do have a bling factor and set your car apart and that is its own appeal for some.

I have a front strut bar and used it the SC on HPDE with it in place and w/o. I'm not capable of deserning a difference on my Supra suspension and wheels, so I pulled it.
Old 08-25-08, 06:42 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCoupe
The bars (especially rear) have dubious value because the car is stiff to begin with, particularly the rear of the SC. They do have a bling factor and set your car apart and that is its own appeal for some.

I have a front strut bar and used it the SC on HPDE with it in place and w/o. I'm not capable of deserning a difference on my Supra suspension and wheels, so I pulled it.
Thanks for answering my question whether you intended to or not. I kinda suspected this to be the case glad I got it confirmed.
Old 09-04-08, 05:05 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

waste of money
Old 09-04-08, 05:59 PM
Luxor
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

^ Agree with Emerald. The only reason why I bought a rear strut tower bar for my old Honda Civic is so I could secure my subwoofer speaker box to the strut bar using a C bracket so nobody could steal it!
Old 09-06-08, 07:50 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I still campaign for the Carbing one-piece aluminum with the built on master cyl. support that is still in devel. A rear one would look good and wouldnt hurt if you had the extra money.